narendra modi

i had wanted to look at modis chart, but am thrown off by the various birth times for him... however, i was intrigued by the 935am time that had been apparently given by his brother to an astrologer back in 2004..

quoting adb - Ashish Seth quotes from a Vedic astrology website [1]: "09:35 AM IST (Indian Standard Time). This is the time given by Narendra Modi's elder brother Mr Amrit Modi ji during Lok Sabha campaigns of 2014 (as a witness, ask the then head of dept of Jyotisha in BHU, Varanasi, Dr Chandramouli Up??dhy??ya,"

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Modi,_Narendra

the link inside the adb link above brings one to this page -
http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/narendra-modi

in the above link is language and terminology that i am not fully versed in, but it is interesting non the less.. i don't know enough to know the validity of this persons work, but it would be helpful to find their comments on the election that just happened - may 21 2019 whereby modi has won the general election again..

i find it interesting sleuthing on the net to see how many indian astrologers are working with so many different times for modi! 10am, 11am, 935am, 1209pm and etc. etc.. shivas curse i suppose!

I know it's small potatoes, James, but I wish you would use capital letters for a person's name as a mark of respect, and also use capital letters for first letters in topic titles. It's a mark of conformity that I see as respect for others, what they are comfortable with. For whatever reason, I'm really bothered by the lack of capital letters that are the common protocol.

It's kind of like your approach to studying astrology, which you've said is for your own interest, without considering your place in the entire universe of astrology and astrologers. It's like you are saying, "I stand alone and will do things my way." You are a musician, so you must have use of all your fingers to use the shift key. The lack of capital letters feels like a slap in the face to me. Just sayin'
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

thanks amy... without me doing the work on it, i am going to have to pass on a commitment to any of the times!

therese - here is my initial inspiration for my format approach which started a long time ago.. words, or the presentation of words can be interpreted any number of ways.. for me, as i see it - how people interpret this is more a reflection on the person then it is on me.. cheers james

http://www.billbissett.com/

Re: narendra modi

james_m wrote:i had wanted to look at modis chart, but am thrown off by the various birth times for him... however, i was intrigued by the 935am time that had been apparently given by his brother to an astrologer back in 2004..

[...]i find it interesting sleuthing on the net to see how many indian astrologers are working with so many different times for modi! 10am, 11am, 935am, 1209pm and etc. etc.. shivas curse i suppose!
Looking at the 9:35 am chart I have misgivings about that one too. As many astrologers in India using charts for Modi based on non documented times there are just as many that are not due to the confusion regarding his BT and that proposed charts are not a good fit.

I skimmed through the article you linked to and for the author's spanking criticism of other astrologers, I didn't see where he was willing to make any concrete future predictions based on that chart. Everything was in hindsight. There was no date on the article but the context is that it was written before the current elections and post to the 2014 ones. The author advocates a "scientific" approach to astrology yet uses an ayanamsa that is clearly "non-scientific" the so-called Siddh??ntic Ayan??msha that is a modern rehash of the ancient oscillating precessional view held by some in ancient times. If he would make some concrete predictions that came about based on that chart I would perhaps re-apprise my opinion.
Interesting rabbit hole though.

aj - thanks for taking a look and sharing your perspective!!!

i have the chart for when modi was sworn in yesterday immediately below..

on the surface it looks positive with jupiter rising and moon seperating from a trine of jupiter.. on closer inspection - moon is square the pluto-saturn and essentially besieged by square.. mars, ruler of the chart is in the 8th and makes a square to the moon - ruler of the 9th...

so, basically some type of yoga is formed between the 5th and 9th ruler, but not sure if it is cancelled out by the square of moon to saturn-pluto... no one ever told me how yogas are canceled out! after reading 300 important yogas, i am not sure, mind you i have another 40 or so pages to read to finish the book, so maybe it is yet to come!

mars also makes the aspect to the 2nd and the 2nd looks challenged thanks saturn being their as well... perhaps finances in this next modi term will be more of a pressing challenge.. ketu is also in the 2nd, with the raha -ketu axis running over the 8 / 2 houses..

sun on the descendant looks mildly positive until one sees the ruler in the 6th in aries..this is the 10th house ruler.. i suspect there are some challenges with his leadership,and perhaps also involving the neighbour pakistan thanks saturns rulership of the 3rd and 4th and the position of the suns ruler in the 6th.. mars also aspects the 3rd here...

thoughts??

james_m wrote:on the surface it looks positive with jupiter rising and moon seperating from a trine of jupiter.. on closer inspection - moon is square the pluto-saturn and essentially besieged by square.. mars, ruler of the chart is in the 8th and makes a square to the moon - ruler of the 9th...
I think your delineation is pretty much spot on. From a more traditional perspective for a contrast...
Jupiter is aspecting the Moon in the 5th so you can see why he is currently popular. The mutual aspect of Mercury and Jupiter explains the people swallowing his message hook line and sinker.
Mars ruler of the 6th house in the 8th certainly shows debts, and setback from conflict. Mars here afflicts the 8th house too, putting significant stress for the country including its national integrity and resources. mars is also afflicting the 11th, 2nd, and 3rd houses. In a nutshell there will be setbacks for the economy/financial resources, international relations, loss of reputation, and miscommunications with neighbors.
james_m wrote:mars also makes the aspect to the 2nd and the 2nd looks challenged thanks saturn being their as well... perhaps finances in this next modi term will be more of a pressing challenge.. ketu is also in the 2nd, with the raha -ketu axis running over the 8 / 2 houses..
Ketu's affliction to Saturn as ruler of the 4th brings on sudden natural calamities, housing problems and financial setbacks for the country. The system is going to be sorely tested. More confirmation of the Mars affliction to the 2nd.
james_m wrote:sun on the descendant looks mildly positive until one sees the ruler in the 6th in aries..this is the 10th house ruler.. i suspect there are some challenges with his leadership,and perhaps also involving the neighbour pakistan thanks saturns rulership of the 3rd and 4th and the position of the suns ruler in the 6th.. mars also aspects the 3rd here...
Sun on the descendant is a mixed blessing, this is his last term I think as his Sun is literally setting. 12th lord Venus in the 6th indicates losses from conflict.
That's enough for now, have to run. If I have time I will post some comments on the Indian Independece chart that is relevant to this converstation.
Cheers.

It's interesting that between the event chart for Modi's swearing-in and the Indian Independence chart, the mutual aspects between India's 8th lord Jupiter and Modi's Rahu and Venus.
Two contacts to India's Sun!
Modi's Jupiter very close aspect to India's Sun.
Modi's Moon exact trine to India's Sun.
I don't usually use trines other than Ju but this one is to close to ignore.

Outside is India's Independence and Inside is the Modi swearing in chart. KP ayanamsa, Equal house ticks.

that's interesting looking at the cross aspects between the 2 charts!

i would be more concerned about the transit of rahu to natal mars in the independence chart... that coincides with saturn as sub lord for the period 21st of oct 2019 onward til may 2021... at the same time saturn transit will oppose natal moon... take a look at transits in spring of 2020 to the independence chart bearing in mind saturn as sub lord for the period...