James wrote:
i realize i have created a bit of a monster posting in tropical and sidereal, which reflects my personal journey, but if you could help me in this regard, i would appreciate it.. thanks! see below..
Sidereal "technical talk" is best on the sidereal forum. But it's also good to have a place for tropical/sidereal communication. Otherwise we'll never learn from each other and be able to compare planetary placements. Sidereal discussion isn't allowed on the Skyscript traditional forum because of Tom's personal bias, even though Deb allows open discussion on Skyscript forums. So it's good to see shared discussion here and to view both charts posted in one place. My two cents.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Map wrote:
Therese wrote:
Map, I am wondering why you say that the sidereal Aries ascendant is weak?

Map wrote:
Mars in enemy's sign and 8th lord and Jupiter owning 12th also in 8th is a weak combo as per me. Venus is exalted in enemy's sign. It may not be as i think.
I suppose interpretation is all about where we want to place emphasis amidst many astrological factors. For an Aries ascendant Mars is considered a neutral, but tending toward being a benefic influence acording to Dr. Charak. (Elements of Vedic Astrology 1, p. 87) True, Jupiter owns the 12th house, but also the benefic 9th, so is considered a benefic for Aries ascendant. I wasn't sure what you meant by "Venus is exalted in enemy's sign" since Venus is exalted in Pisces in Archie's chart..

One important fact that K. S. Krishnamurti has discovered through research (which applies also in the Tropical zodiac) is that the house positions of planets aren't very important compared to exactly where they are in the zodiac and which houses they link to. So good events can came from planets in 8th or 12th houses, and bad events from planets in good houses. As the lord of a trine house (9th) Jupiter combines with Mars, lord of an angle, so this forms a type of Raja (royal) yoga. Also Mars deposits Jupiter. so this is a tight combination.

One factor that I think is important in both zodiacs is that the Moon is isolated without major aspects. This is going to be important in the psychological sense, and may create a type of division in the personality, mind or emotions. Moon rules the 4th, said to be the house of the Mother. Meghan more or less came in "from left field" with no previous experience with royalty or the privileged lives of royals. Does this isolated Moon mean that she will experience never really fitting in to the royal family? Or does it simply say that her background is entirely different from the family she married into?

Astrology is so complicated! There are too many factors to balance against each other. This is true in both tropical and sidereal zodiacs.

chart

For an Aries ascendant Mars is considered a neutral, but tending toward being a benefic influence
In my opinion, there is nothing like tending to being a benefic. Good is good and bad is bad.
One important fact that K. S. Krishnamurti has discovered through research (which applies also in the Tropical zodiac) is that the house positions of planets aren't very important compared to exactly where they are in the zodiac and which houses they link to.
I disagree with this statement. I have a different result in my research.
So good events can come from planets in 8th or 12th houses, and bad events from planets in good houses.
Then it is not possible to understand the nature of planets and what these are going to hand down to us. Prediction is impossible.

This is what i feel. Astrological understanding varies from person to person depending on their research.

Map wrote:
This is what I feel. Astrological understanding varies from person to person depending on their research.
This is the big question in astrology, isn't it??!! Does astrology have a scientific base that can be measured and demonstrated? Or is astrology simply an intuitive process that varies from person to person? I expect this question will be debated for decades. But on the sidereal forum posts have been discussing a more scientific astrology, perhaps an evolution that is taking place now.

this is interesting.
Well i don't have my birth chart astrology book with me. I'm a charles obert fan.

I have worries about venus debilitated and looking to be in 12th house no matter what style of housing system a reader decides to use.

venus sextiles mars
venus is in mar's sign
mars rules 12th and 7th for equal house system

I have uranus conjunct an angle in my chart. I find with uranus things happen very quickly.
with it being conjunct 1st angle I think it will come across more as him causing it (from people's viewpoint) than if it was conjunct 7th angle where he would learn to be the eye of a hurricane.
Though i found uranus in a house is very different to being conjunct to the angle.
Since to me the orb is big for me with uranus...so the uranus energy will be more easy for the child to control than if it was only 1 degree orb in my opinion.

Just a curious thought....since he's part of the royal family...would he be pressured to denounce his american citizenship? (to make sure a foreign government ruling party cannot vote on U.S political system) Well with how citizenship is going right now with children born outside of the country but to american parent may prove citizenship issues for the child if this sticks.

with how venus and uranus is...i think he could rebel. He could even feel imprisoned at one point with the lifestyle he was born into.

**just a novice thoughts**
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

I don't find this chart surprising for a royal. First, he's a "lesser" royal without a title because the Duke of Sussex (Archie's dad) is not the eldest son of the Prince of Wales (Charles),so his son is neither a British prince nor does he have the style "Royal Highness". Archie is 7th in the line of succession--he will never be King.

His venus in the 12th in Aries doesn't surprise me either. His mother is having an awful time of it in England. Basically she is viewed as an american interloper who can't do anything right. Moon in the first--his birth got a lot of attention--but received by mercury in 12th. Mom is being silenced quite effectively.

James - it was on a local news station today that they are moving to LA, or I thought they said had already. I don't know how permanent it is but Markle's mother lives there and Markle already has work lined up at Disney.