Re: online dictionary help

james_m wrote:vish navamsha....

not sure what vish is supposed to mean... any ideas?? thanks..
Visha is poison, sometimes excrement so...

Could it be referring to a visha yoga? in the navamsa???
Visha Yoga is formed when Saturn and Moon are together or when Sa aspects the Moon. Considered bad traditionally.

thanks aj,

yes - vish is connected to poison.. i was able to figure that much out, but it is a bit more vague in this book by v.p. goel... he is using examples of vish navamsha and it doesn't involve the yoga of saturn-moon...

he is talking about the 64th navamsha..chapter 7... i thought i would try to find out what the terms mean, before reading the data.. if i figure it out in a reverse manner, i will get back to you here.. thanks - james

james_m wrote:thanks aj,
he is talking about the 64th navamsha..chapter 7... i thought i would try to find out what the terms mean, before reading the data.. if i figure it out in a reverse manner, i will get back to you here.. thanks - james
Hmmm... haven't encountered vish in that context. There are some that use the lords of the 22nd Drekkana and the 64th Navamsha from the Lagna and the Moon as indicators of death and trouble. Personally, don't know much about them in practice but is an area for lots of research. Do let us know what you find out.

sanskars

thanks aj..

this is the area this term vish is being used.. 22nd drekkana and 64th navamsha can sometimes be the same.. this sets up a negative dynamic when so..

i will give an update on vish navamsha and will try to make a post on what i have found... this book on navamsha by v.p. goel is quite good.. i have sent the author this question as it is a bit unclear from his book.. not sure if and when he will get back to me on this.

the last chapter is called devotion to religion.. he gives the astro signatures for this that are found in the natal and navamsha chart.. it is quite fascinating!

here is another term that i can't find a quick meaning for.. however putting it into google i have come up with a good overview on it.. it came up in this last chapter of goels book on the navamsha.

sanskars..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanskara_ ... f_passage)

quote from the book i mention..
Change of Religion

"Religion is seen from ninth house of navamsha. Twelfth house to any house is the loss of that house. Change of religion is the loss of religion or faith in which you are born. The influence of eight lord on ninth house/lord gives change of religion.

Religion is the family values and sanskars. When sanshars are not deep rooted or not accepted by the person, he changes his religion. Second lord of birth chart is checked in navamsha to understand the dept and goodness of sanskars. When this lord of second house of birth chart is under malefic influence then the sanskars are weak."

i take it to mean sanskars are like rituals - religious rituals..