Astrology and Financial Misfortune

In this article, we are looking at some configurations that caused bankruptcy or impressive financial swings in the lives of a few notable personalities.

Many factors go into the overall health of a horoscope, but in these cases, we will limit our attention to certain factors:
- Planets aspecting the II and VIII houses.
- Planets occupying the II and VIII houses.
- The quality of the rulers of the signs on the cusp of the II/VIII and the aspects they receive.

To proceed, it's enough to combine the pure symbolism of the planet and the conventional meaning of the houses. For example: somee of the negative characteristics of Neptune include: deceit, evasion, unclearn circumstances. The VIII house is related to income from third parties, taxes, debts, insurance. If we combine both planet and house, the result would be: tax evasion, insurance fraud etc...

Marie Antoinette (18:53:45 UT) had Neptune in the II house and she depleted the national French treasury. Not everyone wih Neptune in the II house is going to go bankrupt or experience depletion of ones resource, although the negative characteristics of such a placement could undeniably manifest.

Note that none the charts are rectified.

Examples:
1. T. Cullen Davis was an American oil heir and former billionaire. He lost most of his oil fortune in the recession of the 1980's, and eventually declared bankruptcy. Davis had Neptune in square to his II/VIII axis with an orb of 1 degree.
2. M.C. Hammer, a musician who had earned $33 million in 1991 as a result of selling 25 million copies of his album "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em", ended up squandering everything and ended up bankrupt in 1996 and owing $13.7 million. In this example, Neptune is also squaring the II/VIII within a 1 degree orb. Saturn is in close conjunction with the VIII (orb around 3 degrees) indicating the impressive debts , and Uranus is in the II house--financial ups and downs. Jupiter is in a good cosmic condition in the VIII. An elevated Sun in X in a good cosmic condition is soft aspect to the II/VIII. The ruler of the VIII, Uranus, is in opposition to Jupiter (Orb: 4 degrees): exaggeration, excess in matters related to the VIII house. The South Node is in conjunction with the VIII house.
3. Paolo Gucci declared bankruptcy after inheriting $42 million. Neptune in a bad cosmic condition in conjunction with the VIII and opposing the II (Orb: 1 degree). Uranus is in the II house.
4. Francis Coppola's financial situation exhibited extreme ups and downs throughout his life, which is explained by Uranus squaring the II/VIII axis with an orb around 3 degrees, Aquarius is also on the cusp of the II. The two benefics, Venus and Jupiter, are in a good cosmic condition in the II house which are indicative of his financial rewards. There is an opposition between Jupiter and Neptune across this axis indicating vain financial illusions.
5. John Connally, an American politician, declared bankruptcy with debts of $25 to $48 million. These impressive debts are explained by the presence of Saturn (depth) in a damaged cosmic condition in the VIII house (debts) along with Neptune. The ruler of the VIII house, the Moon, is in square to Venus and Uranus. The South Node is in conjunction with the VIII. Uranus is in the II.
www.FadiMazboudi.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xnsx ... subscriber

Hello - I am happy you share your findings but am a little confused about your methods of showing these influences. I think it would help to have an overlay of the natal versus the chart that shows the influence being brought forward, and with an astrological explanation to see it (either verbally on your Youtubes or in writing).

hi fadi,

i appreciate the charts and don't need another format to understand what you are conveying.. thanks for sharing! this is better then a youtube link - which i generally will not bother to go to unless i am really motivated..

i look at these charts and make a few observations on what i consider more important factors then house cusps.. it seems like some folks really obsess about house cusps hoping they will get rid of the issue once and for all and frankly, i don't think it works...

for example in the first chart - the debilitated venus-moon conjunction - ruler of the ascendant - in square to saturn casts a pale over the whole chart... it is even more pronounced in the 2nd chart - moon - ruler of ascendant - applying to saturn - both planets in the 8th whole sign/house...

this exercise in trying to convince others of the supremacy of topocentric houses doesn't work for me... i know james alexander and the followers of alexander marr will be unhappy that i say this, but that is how i see it!

thanks for sharing either way, as it is fun to look at charts and be challenged to consider others points of views, different from my own..

So the arrows and circles are just aspects to angles and other planets? When I first saw them I thought they were meant to show a time they were being brought forward. I usually see arrows used like that for profections so I was confused what they meant.