New take on the eight-lunar-phases (Dane Rudhyar)

Hello good Skyscript forum members.

I've been fascinated by the eight lunar phases for a while now (originally defined by the great Dane Rudhyar).
Finally managed to write a substantial piece on the subject, in which I try to innovate and analyze the eight phases from the perspective of the amount of light-darkness in each. Also I try to draw equivalents between the phases and some zodiac signs and to further deepen the understanding by figuring out the relations between each phase and three other important phases in the cycle.

I'd definitely be glad if you'd be able to check it out, and I would love to hear your feedback.

https://gurastro.blogspot.com/2019/06/a ... -moon.html

Thanks,
Dima.

hi dima,

i took a look at the article you shared.. i find your use of the words ''before'' and ''after'' very confusing...

for example -

Balsamic Moon

* Moon is 45 to 0 degrees after the sun in the order of signs."

that is confusing...

i am not wanting to use wikpedia as some authoritative guide here but note how they word this -

"In astrology, a balsamic Moon is said to occur when the Moon is less than 45 degrees behind the natal Sun." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsamic_Moon

they say behind.. you say - after!

so, for me they way you have worded it is confusing and i think a better way could be found... obviously - new moon to first quarter can't be used, as you are using 1/8ths and not quarters.. how about new moon to first 1/8th phase?? that way you can skip using this before or after... anyway - good luck with your work!

Hey James,

The clarifying part is supposed to be the "in the order of signs" part.

Say someone's sun is in Aries and his moon is in Pisces. The order of the signs is Pisces first, followed by Aries (zodiacal order). So that person's moon phase is balsamic since his moon is 'after the sun' in the order of signs.

Thanks,
Dima.

dima - i think that just confuses it further, but it is your article.. i am just giving you the feedback i thought you were looking for, telling you how i see it... cheers james