2nd opinion on horary about kids private school entry

The question asked: "Will my kids be able to get into __ (private school) next fall?"

We are dependent on financial aid and assistance from family if we are going to be able to make it work. There is always the possibility we aren't admitted but I would imagine our issues will be more focused on money. Our expectation is to find out acceptance and financials by mid July.

The horary seems to indicate venus sextile as last aspect moon makes. Moon in 9th (education) in own sign I would think is apropos. The planetary hours I think validates this chart.

Mars in Fall as ruling planet of Asc scares me. Asc in early 3 degrees is early and the truth is we've just begun our application process (however, we are familiar with this school well enough that we've been well received by their admissions office. Years ago our son was accepted but we had to decline based on financial reasons).

We honestly don't have many concerns as to the right fit nor happiness/satisfaction switching into next year - we're truly excited about this school for our kids, but that Mars in Fall is curious to me.

I see the stressful oppositions with saturn/sun/jupiter which kind of freaks me out but with venus as the last aspect to moon being positive, shall I consider this then, a positive horary answer?

Saturn, venus, jupiter and mercury are all well placed in chart as well.. jupiter seems to be at 29.15 degrees scorpio, is this close enough to reflect it as ruler of 2nd house in Sag and thus positively on financial situation for us?

Thank you for insights!!! [/img]

Thanks - this is a K-8 grade school with entrance specifically to both 4 and 2 grades we seek for fall. There are no specific classes we want to take rather question of acceptance into the school.

Starlight, since you seek.admission in primary classes the Lord of the 3rd house should show the school. Here Saturn. But sorry to say I am not seeing a positive testimony here because of a lack of aspect between the main significators of children and Saturn. However, are you sure that this school is as good as you say? Because here Saturn is afflicted by the south node which is usually considered to be a nasty malefic influence in horary. But if you still wish your children to study here then you can perhaps check yourself what can prevent them from getting admitted here and work on it. The horary shows the current map and indications which might change later with your effort.
Best of luck!

I don't think your question is very clear, is it about money or ability or... I would suggest it should be your child's question for the clearest interpretation. School is 11, indoctrination into a social group, transmission of culture. So if it's the child's question we would look to an aspect and/or harmony between 1 and 11 rulers

Just for the record, following up in results of horsey, as the OP:

1. My kids readily got accepted into school. Additionally, school gave us our request for financial assistance which was quite a lot.

2. Mom volunteered financial assistance in a very generous amount exceeding our original request.

3. With school starting on 9/5, so far the community has been amazing with host families supporting intros for our kids to friends and offering info to us.

The horary interpretations had been quite pessimistic but I'm wondering why?

Thank you! As a student of astrology I just want to understand better how are rulers of 11 and 1 ruled by moon? Is it because moon aspects favorable both cusps? If you can explain much appreciated!

The way I would read is initially seeing Venus as last aspect to moon before out of bounds and being Venus it is all good?

As a student of astrology I just want to understand better how are rulers of 11 and 1 ruled by moon? Is it because moon aspects favorable both cusps? If you can explain much appreciated!
Lord 11 is Mercury because it lords the sign of Virgo. Mercury is in Cancer. The sign of Cancer is lorded by the Moon. L1 is Mars because it lords the sign of Scorpio. Mars is also in Cancer, which is lorded by the Moon.

Thank you! But how does noon bring them together? Traditional horary rules suggest aspects with moon. This chart reflects moon between both signs with critical degree mercury? I posted this on another board and again everyone read pessimistic. Was the only way to see favorable result after the fact to see the lords brought together by moon? I guess I seek to understand how this could have been answered positively before the positive result? It just makes me wonder how horary is effective otherwise? Thanks for your perspective!

Moon is not at a critical degree, in my use of that definition, also known as an anaretic degree. A critical degree to me is at the end of a sign, close to 29 degrees if not 29 degrees. I have seen some people use 0 degrees but don't myself and see no basis to use it, other than it showing the beginning of something and it not being well formed. Bonatti said a planet within 5 degrees in either direction is not as stable and takes on characteristics of both signs. I might even argue that since the Moon and Mercury are both swift bodies how relevant Bonatti's rules are to those planets being at an early degree and showing instability. The nature of those planets is to be rather changeful, but I suppose it is still relevant. That is not how I interpret a critical degree at 29 degrees, which is commonly seen in crisis charts.

Here is a little bit more on this topic: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... bdc05717b8

Moon just entered Cancer, the sign of its dignity. Entering a new sign is not the same as being at the end of one. Entering a new sign shows the beginning of a matter. Being at the end of a sign represents the ending of something and often late degrees can emphasize a crisis or that a serious decision is necessary to move forward, which is why people mention critical degrees. That is not always the case though since it can just show an ending and that a new transition is approaching. Here it is emphasizing a new endeavor and the Moon is also increasing in light, which is positive for growth (as are water signs) and in most traditional divination in general is the best time to start something new.

Since there is emphasis on the 9th, I would have interpreted this favorably also because it lords matters of education and growth of the mind, even though it is strange it is showing higher education but it could be that this school is superior to others by providing a higher level of education. Planets above the earth in general tend to be much more forceful also. Moon's last aspect was Mercury and it is translating that to Mars, lord of the ascendant and Moon is strong and receives both planets. Moon is the most important body in horary and Mercury also co-lords things like lower education (I would more so give Jupiter to higher education).

The querent's condition is debilitated but since its dispositor is so strong and receives it, according to many astrologers, such as Robert Hand, this helps a debilitated planet very much to function more favorably and to lead to a better outcome (also in natal astrology). Hand calls it "pushing disposition" and in horary it is often very positive and I would consider it a strong indicator of perfection in cases where Moon is co representing the matter and applies to the querent and especially if it translates light of a planet relevant to the matter.