Is this fairly commonpace?

How often do intercepted signs appear in opposing mutual reception?
I'm reading this as; Aquarius intercepted in the 2nd house, Leo intercepted in the 8th house. Opposition making for very awkward struggle with the hope of polishing over time.

I also am trying to reconcile the outer transit/progression house wheel in relation to the natal wheel- (no pic provided) they don't align and I'm wondering if there are any sources of information I can study regarding this.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of reference material on these, or perhaps I'm not using proper search terms (?)

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttfh63pgs7kzw ... 1.jpg?dl=0

hi jac,

regarding the issue the use of a few wheels - bi wheels - where one is the chart and the other is the transits, or progressions, or whatever - i use solar fire astro program and it does this really well..

i am going to guess many of the astro programs have this feature..

here is an example of biwheels.. see the link below.. the inner wheel is the solar eclipse and the other wheel is the christchurch mosque attack..

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10436

i hope that helps on your 2nd question..
cheers james

How often do intercepted signs appear in opposing mutual reception?
I do not know what you mean by opposing mutual reception, but intercepted signs are always accompanied by the opposing sign also being intercepted (there might be some exceptions I am unaware of). All opposing signs are the signs of opposite house placement to the other. For example, Libra, the house of Venus is opposite Aries, which is the house of Venus's detriment. If Mars were in Libra and Venus in Aries, they would be in opposition and in mutual reception. Is that what you meant?

Do you mean how often does one come across planets intercepted and in opposition but mutual reception via planetary progressions? You describe signs being in reception but planets receive, signs do not. Maybe I misunderstand the question, though.

I don't know much about interpretations of the intercepted signs and their influences in predictive charts relative to natal, but generally in natal and horary, they can be described as houses within houses. Sometimes it can suggest overcoming a challenge or difficulty or having a secret area of one's life. I have it in my own chart around career and it has mainly shown as going back and forth between different career types (10th) but I also overcame a difficult upbringing and extreme poverty and homelessness (the 4th). Arnold Schwarzenegger has it as well in the same houses and signs and also has had two extremely different careers (although you could argue having a dual sign on the MC is enough for that) and overcame a difficult beginning. My guess is that if this were significant in progressions or other predictive techniques that the person might be dealing with two things in the houses emphasized at the time, such as two jobs, two incomes, two health matters, two romantic interests, etc. One of the two might be hidden from others or the person has trouble coming to terms with it or it is weakened in some sense. Or, overcoming a challenge via a different approach to the house matter might occur. That is generally how it plays out in horary, which is a predictive technique too.

Tan said "but generally in natal and horary, they can be described as houses within houses. "

WELL DONE.

I think intercepted Signs are just so so often overlooked in Chart Readings.

I feel that they may be an area of the Native's Life just wanting to explode into Vision.

The state of the Ruling Planets of course matter a lot.

Along with Combusted Planets I think they are important but very very difficult to read.

I've Combusted Jupiter as a Ruler.

Oh Gott ?

I sometimes wonder if the Native's Life has been put on hold for some reason ?

H

If Mars were in Libra and Venus in Aries, they would be in opposition and in mutual reception. Is that what you meant?
Yes, thank you!
Do you mean how often does one come across planets intercepted and in opposition but mutual reception via planetary progressions? You describe signs being in reception but planets receive, signs do not.
At this point, I'm really not certain what I meant- (looking for the 'embarrassed' emoticon..)
I don't know much about interpretations of the intercepted signs and their influences in predictive charts relative to natal, but generally in natal and horary, they can be described as houses within houses. Sometimes it can suggest overcoming a challenge or difficulty or having a secret area of one's life. I have it in my own chart around career and it has mainly shown as going back and forth between different career types (10th) but I also overcame a difficult upbringing and extreme poverty and homelessness (the 4th)
Fascinating- life has been like a war, loaded with challenges, present time especially. I can't imagine what gave me the stupid idea it would let up after my 2nd Sat return.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has it as well in the same houses and signs and also has had two extremely different careers (although you could argue having a dual sign on the MC is enough for that) and overcame a difficult beginning

We are familiar with Arnie's ugly personal life, but you've got me wanting to check out his chart.
My guess is that if this were significant in progressions or other predictive techniques that the person might be dealing with two things in the houses emphasized at the time, such as two jobs, two incomes, two health matters, two romantic interests, etc. One of the two might be hidden from others or the person has trouble coming to terms with it or it is weakened in some sense. Or, overcoming a challenge via a different approach to the house matter might occur. That is generally how it plays out in horary, which is a predictive technique too.
I can also say I have two passions, I'm adept at both, can give up neither, but the state of the world has forced me more in one direction, thought the other has not gone dormant.

Thanks for opening up new paths of exploration here!

WooWoo wrote:Tan said "but generally in natal and horary, they can be described as houses within houses. "

WELL DONE.

I think intercepted Signs are just so so often overlooked in Chart Readings.

I feel that they may be an area of the Native's Life just wanting to explode into Vision.

The state of the Ruling Planets of course matter a lot.

Along with Combusted Planets I think they are important but very very difficult to read.

I've Combusted Jupiter as a Ruler.

Oh Gott ?

I sometimes wonder if the Native's Life has been put on hold for some reason ?

H

Going on a combust hunt. ;)