Transiting Ceres always beneficial?

I used to dislike the asteroids, as there are so many of them and new agists almost seem to make them up so they can say anything they want about a chart without having to look at it, the same way they use aspects with huge orbs just so they can give their opinion without any actual reference to the birth chart.

But I was recently observing transiting Ceres, because it is given in my American Ephemeris for the 21st Century. I noticed that a few times when it was making very close transits of conjunctions, squares and oppositions to parts of my chart, beneficial things were happening to areas of my life represented by the planet being transited, with nothing else transiting these planets. Such as an exact Ceres square to my natal Sun when I had a minor heart operation that cleared up a problem I have had for a long time, there was nothing else transiting my Sun at the time, though there has been a Solar Arc progression of my Midheaven to my Sun over the past couple of years, which had just about passed out of one degree orb, which caused a lot of this electrical issue with my heart.

What are other people's observations of transits of Ceres to their natal charts? Is she always beneficial?
Last edited by fleur on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you check for transits to planets in your house 5, house 5 ruler in case it's empty, transits to your house 5 cusp and natal planets in Leo? That's what I would do before making conclusions about Ceres. :) I once heard that all the asteroid belt objects could have an influence by themselves, but they currently cancel each other out in the "crowd."

Tanit, I personally wouldn't look at transiting trines or expect them to do much. As for your Ascendant ruler, I know this is just me but I don't follow rulers either...seems feudal...if Ceres was crossing your Ascendant itself, exactly, I would maybe expect to see something beneficial happen? It depends on the planet itself that is your Ascendant ruler.

srsedna, Ceres was the only planet *transiting*, in exact square to my natal Sun on the day of the operation. There was nothing else that I would associate with a heart operation, and nothing else transiting to my Sun. I was given this appointment suddenly, much sooner than I had expected from the length of the waiting list I had been told. I was scared, but now so glad I went ahead and had it done. I was expecting to be offered an appointment at a time of heavier transits to my Sun.

Tanit, these are just observations I have started making, mainly because I was so surprised at the lack of strong outer planet transits to my Sun for something as important as a heart operation, and I hadn't scheduled the operation, that decision was made for me much earlier than I was expecting. I was very lucky, everything went well and a longstanding health problem looks over, fingers crossed.

Maybe it is just me, I don't ever feel we really choose things, they happen when the planets say so. Things are probably far more complex than that.

If transiting Ceres is exactly conjunct your natal sixth house Moon, it would be interesting to see what does happen, as the sixth house is to do with health and on another level like its corresponding sign Virgo and planet Chiron, it is where the physical and the spiritual join.
Last edited by fleur on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.