Saturn Return?

I have a friend flying gracefully through his Saturn return. So far he's had one direct pass over his return degree, now Saturn is going retrograde and today he had the second pass over that degree. The interesting thing is this - Saturn in his chart is in the 6th house in Capricorn, retrograde, and rules the 7th. Today the Moon is in Capricorn moving swiftly to conjunct Saturn retrograde. Today, he had a huge falling out with his significant other and the relationship is hanging. She's had many overdue complaints that he addressed early on but has fallen back and her patience is wearing thin. I find it interesting that today is the day this happened. A part of the falling out has to do with his lack of awareness and desire to change. He's resisting healthy, mature change in his life that everyone including his acquaintances are now noticing. He's getting it from all angles.

What are your thoughts on the events and how that's connected to his Saturn return? How do you think it'll turn out? He's got one more pass over left.

The events probably did coincide with the return but how it turns out would be impossible to say just based on one rulership and transit. As Robert Hand would tell you, Saturn returns lording the 7th can lead to a breakup but that is usually only when the relationship was already not working. It can bring to the surface issues that have been ignored so that they are dealt with properly, which is not always bad in the end, since sometimes problems need fixing. Desire for change is a good way to approach such a transit because if you clutch to things that aren't working, they can be forced from you. It is a time to grow up, face responsibilities and get rid of old habits that are holding you back. If you are asking if he will break up with his significant other, I would look at progressions, profections and other transits rather than just one, even if it is a significant one.

Keep in mind that this Saturn return is not just like any regular one. They also have the nodes and Pluto in transit, and Mercury/Mars opp really focusing in on some difficult energies. I have it on my ASC/DSC at the minute and it is an unsettling energy.

I doubt the transit will just focus on partnerships, since it lords/is in the 6th. When I had Pluto transiting the 6th, I completing changed my health and body. I am wondering if Saturn and Pluto there in transit could lead to some changes in their health and diet in general. Saturn for me in the 6th usually brings illness though. Do they have any issues with depression with Saturn in a melancholy sign in the 6th? This could be an issue during the transit, so therapy or positive outlets might be something to encourage. If their Saturn aspects the luminaries, then this is especially true, because they might feel more alone in the world.
Last edited by Tanit3333 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

having saturn in the 6th and it rules the 7th is an unfavourable position for relationships... essentially it is a 12th house position to the 1st house of relationships... as tanit notes - the transit to the 7th often coincides with a break up, or the beginning of a more serious relationship developing at that time... it depends on the set up.. but again - ruler of the 7th in the 6th is not considered positive..

Hi Tanit,

He's prioritizing his work and engaging in the relationship when it's convenient for him. Although she understands he has busy days, the frequency and other actions tell her something is off. She's also having an internal tug o war because she wants to believe he wouldn't deliberately do that to himself, but she cannot logically understand someone can be that preoccupied every single day.

Even without a Saturn return, that is obviously very poor behavior to have if someone wants to maintain a relationship. My guess is that if he keeps this up, it will signal a breakup, in order to force him to face the consequences of his actions in relationships or for him to figure out whether he needs to be alone for a time, as often occurs during this 7th house Saturn influence (it can indicate wanting solitude). I often hear about how horrible Saturn is lording the 7th/in the 7th but in many cases where it shows problems, the person brings the problems onto themselves or they do not help matters. Maybe subconsciously he wants to be alone (for now at least) though and does not realize it, or is not happy with that person. When you care about someone, you prioritize them but Saturn transits can signal periods where being around people, especially those you are close to, is difficult.