Hi,
In CA.pg.54, Lilly says,"Venus & Mars in a conjunction in this house are arguments for a good physician".
A friend of mine has this placement in her Nativity & she works as a dental nurse :brows
SG
Enjoy what you learn,as it keeps the mind youthful!!

There is a singer (a woman) with a Venus/Mars conjunction in Gemini. Unfortunately, I have come across two different birth times for her: whilst the first time puts her Sun on MC which fits her sudden and long lasting popularity and international fame, the other time puts the conjunction inside the 10th (in the first chart, the conjunction is placed inside the 11th).

I'm mentioning her because, some 10 years ago, her computer was hacked and her private video became available on the internet. Nowadays, it's not that much of a scandal, I suppose but, prior to her case, I don't recall any similar cases. On a long run, it actually turned out to be a positive thing for her career since the conjunction is not stresfully aspected however, it must have been a very unpleasant situation for her.
This could be a good example of the kind of influence that such a combination can have as a result - she and her lover (needless to add, married to another woman at the time) videotaping their sexual intercourse (Venus/Mars conjunction) and ending up in the headlines ( inside Gemini = newspapers, internet, forums etc.). If the conjunction is placed on Midheaven then, its a bingo.
She is very lovely and feminine, a sort of a symbol of a beautiful woman.
I have a friend with Venus conjunct Mars in Pisces...This person seems to love fighting, causing trouble, and then running from it
That's strange, actually because, both Mars and Venus have some major dignities in Pisces. In what shape is his Asc ruler?

aglaya wrote:a combination can have as a result - she and her lover (needless to add, married to another woman at the time) videotaping their sexual intercourse (Venus/Mars conjunction) and ending up in the headlines ( inside Gemini = newspapers, internet, forums etc.)
Was she married/in a relationship too? Did her lover have a Venus/Mars conjunction?

Also, Venus has dignity in Pisces but Mars doesn't (from what I remember). I am going to assume the belligerence stems from Mars ruining Venus.
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Natal Venus conjunct Mars experiences?

StellarTiggy wrote:And ask what are your experiences with Venus/Mars conjunction folks?
Hi there, one important thing to define is what houses do Mars and Venus rule?

Generically, one could say that Venus/Mars conjunctions do spice up romance things and so on. But, for instance, if Venus rules the Asc, the Mars conjunction does provide a bit of cholera to the temperament of the person, "making" him/her a little more aggressive in a generic way.

The temperament, as I've been using, is a weight of some factors such as the Asc, Moon and Sun, and planets which affect somehow these points or their rulers. Mars (or Saturn), if conjuncting or in bad aspect (sq/opp) with Asc Ruler, Sun or Moon are what is called modifiers. Mars "gives" the person a more choleric trait while Saturn gives a more melancholic trait.

I have a friend which has Mars conjunct Venus (Venus being the Asc Ruler) and I can confirm this "choleric" thing in her Phlegmatic temperament. Oh, and this conjunction also happens to occur on the 6th house and in Pisces..
Last edited by jventura on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StellarTiggy wrote: Was she married/in a relationship too? Did her lover have a Venus/Mars conjunction?
No, as a matter of fact, her relationships were very exposed and each relationship was followed by an equally publicly exposed break-up which is actually what makes me believe that the conjunction is actually placed inside the 10th. She is now a single mother and hasn't been married so far.
I don't know about her lover, 'tho.
Also, Venus has dignity in Pisces but Mars doesn't (from what I remember).
It rulers the watery triplicity by both day and night so, there is one major dignity. Of course, as you say, the 6th is cadent from the Ascendant which needs to be taken into consideration.

I have been looking for more info on the aspect also. I remember in Tetrabiblos reading that Venus and Mars in masculine signs shows a higher sexual appetite in males and in women makes them more prone towards lesbianism and "hating" men. I just read in Simmonite sometime a little similar except he says that when Sun and/or Moon is conjunct Venus and Mars in masculine signs a male or female will be very lustful. He says in feminine signs they will make a male "effeminate" but the female is still lustful. :???:

Page 130 (109 in the original text)
https://archive.org/details/completearc ... /page/n129

Harry Styles is one of my favorite singers and I find his chart interesting because he has natal ascendant ruler Venus combust Sun (10th ruler), which is conjunct Mars (under the beams), in masculine signs. All of this is trine Moon, so seems to fit Simmonite's paragraph well. He uses his bisexuality in his occupation/art a bit (at least in his live performances) and seems like he would probably have a high sex drive. He certainly dates a lot of people and is popular with both sexes. In any case, his sign is masculine even though he might fit the classical definition of a feminine placement for a male, since he is not the most masculine person (probably because his ascendant ruler is Venus occidental?). Simmonite says again on another page that Sun with Moon in masculine signs and with Mars and Venus makes a male have "propensities of his sex," I guess meaning heterosexuality? I am not sure what he means. I think in his chart it also seems like his relationships are going to be more secretive with L1/L7 combust due to his career (L10) being a problem for relationships or that his relationships are thwarted by his career, even though obviously L1 as Venus relatively close to L7 as Mars (out of conventional 8 degree orb but in the same sign) would show great emphasis on romantic relationships and wanting something significant. His Venus is occidental and Mars oriental so there is some conventional emphasis on their placements a bit in spite of his bisexuality.
If anyone has any other quotes to share, please do. I have Venus conjunct Mars in Aries in the 10th (with Venus trine Moon) and I am neither libidinous, nor a lesbian, nor hateful of men, so I like hearing other interpretations. I am rather unconventional but I suppose in traditional text things are more black and white. I think in general the conjunction can show a bit of androgeny and being able to relate to both sexes, and a greater likelihood for being attractive to one or both sexes, as well as artistic talents and other similar uses, such as being good with your hands. It probably also increases choleric tendencies, as noted already (being more passionate, brave, etc.). That seems true for Harry because he is rather passionate in spite of being so heavy in air signs. In my case, mine is also opp Pluto and trine Neptune and I have dealt with stalkers and obsessive types who do not even know me at all. In fact, an old teacher (who was an instructor for only 6 weeks) has been obsessed with me for 2 years. Not a fun placement. Venus with Mars afflicted can also show trouble with women in any chart, or possibly trouble with the mother. My mother was physically abusive and had Venus in Scorpio herself. Harry is close with his mother but his Moon is trine Venus the ascendant ruler and receives Moon.

to my experience venus/mars aspect including venus conjunct mars gives great charisma to the individual ... hitler had this in taurus (as did his astrotwin, Charlie Chaplin)

I think it probably enhances charisma if other indicators show it and the conjunction is very common in the charts of famous people, especially attractive ones, but even unconventionally attractive ones are probably more appealing with it. I was looking at a lot tonight and many have Sun with the aspect, such as Harry's chart. I guess the Sun really adds to their star quality. I have heard people describe Harry like a lighthouse, where he emits a lot of star quality, or charisma, as you said. I have never felt charismatic with my conjunction but it has garnered attention over the years, usually unwanted, although that could just be my Jupiter in Leo arguably in the 1st, a flamboyant placement (I do enjoy theatrics every once and a while).

I find it odd that the original poster thought it indicated being more quarrelsome, especially in Pisces. Mars in Pisces is not a direct energy, if even aggressive it is more likely passive aggressive or underhanded rather than outright temperamental in energies, since it is a mute water sign and a feminine sign. Pisces is probably my favorite placement for Mars and I think it is often a more romantic and dreamy place for a male chart. That sounded like something else in the chart and it is too bad they did not share the chart to make sense of it. Venus is said to tame the fury of Mars, but I suppose if Mars is ill dignified it could show violence towards women maybe, especially if in the 7th and other planets were supporting that, where it could show towards partners or by partners, for example. If the traditionalists can claim Venus ill in the aspect shows women hating men, you could just as easily say Mars ill could show a man hating women. In horary charts, I have seen Venus-Mars as potential assaults, such as in a chart of a female jogger who was attacked and got away, and a woman who was physically assaulted by a boyfriend (I think they had Venus in Taurus conjunct Mars in Taurus in the 7th), so in natal it could possibly show something like that, as a conjunction is a hard aspect (especially if Pluto was involved too). There are good and bad energies that can be expressed in any aspect, I suppose, so what comes of it depends on other factors in the chart. Even the conjunction in different signs seems very different. In Aries, I think we are often more coarse and masculine. Even supermodels I was looking at that were gorgeous were still a bit tomboyish in some fashion.

My mother had the venus/mars conjunct in leo and was one of the angriest people i ever knew. Her sun was cancer, moon in aries. She was extremely quarrelsome, critical and enjoyed provoking people, although if they fought back she retreated immediately. She had an early feminist awareness, but she expressed it as contempt for men and their selfish stupidity. Unfortunately there is no birth time, she came from a family of 9 kids in Duluth, all born at home.

Moon in Aries can be quarrelsome under the right situation and that means her Moon probably aspects Mars too, since they are both in fire signs. The luminaries tend to be more significant for indicators of manners. I would say it is possible for the Mars influence to be brought forward, such as the way Mars in Leo iin the ASC in Trump's chart is very in your face, despite her having Venus there, especially since she is in a fire sign, but the aspect alone is not enough to say that. It is hard to say what would show her being quarrelsome without a chart but a Venus/Mars conjunction alone is not enough, in my opinion and the Mars influence should only really help govern temperament in a significant way if indicated, such as being in the 1st, ruling the 1st, or on an angle. Like I said, the traditionalists said that Venus tempers Mars and renders him less malefic. At the same time though, you could say Venus is afflicted, which is probably why traditional authors saw Venus with Mars as always bad for a female, since Venus is a feminine planet and they might have seen it as more significant for our temperament. I definitely could see a feminist emphasis with the aspect but don't see how that is bad in most cases. It would emphasize equality in most cases but I suppose the aspect might be imbalanced in some.

I have a longtime friend with Venus/Mars conjunct in Virgo and she argues a lot (mainly about important matters that are worthy of arguing over, in my opinion) and is a forward thinking person but I don't see that aspect alone showing her fighting nature, it mainly shows her relationships, as L1/L7. She has gotten into altercations with her spouse especially (her third husband), who also has Moon square Mars (and a Venus in Taurus-Mars in Scorpio opp). She has Moon in the 8th square square Mars in the day (which is conjunct NN, augmenting it) and Scorpio rising, emphasizing Mars. She has had a difficult life and that factors into her fighting spirit, but I don't see her as outright argumentative and violent, so the influence of Venus likely tempers matters. She is rational and weighs both sides of an argument but if she feels strongly about something, especially protecting things important to her, she can be combative and defensive. She also has angular Sun square Uranus from the MC to ASC and people have always gravitated to her and found her fascinating (probably more so her Sun and unique personality with Uranus). And she has Mercury conjunct Saturn in Virgo and is critical of others (but is the most intelligent person I have ever met). She is a scientist but also artistically talented and conventionally beautiful and has done modeling. Like me, she has had unwanted attention. She was a victim of sexual assault in her teen years and has had other altercations and unwanted attention. In my chart, mine is on the 4th/10th aspect opp Pluto and one influence I think it emphasizes is my mother and father's relationship, which was rather toxic. At one point when I was a teen he sexually assaulted her as well and that always stayed with me. I would not be surprised if the aspect is negative in that way in many charts, especially with other indicators.

Here is my friend's chart.

I agree moon in aries can be temperamental and with it's ruler conjunct venus the native (mother) was very "feverish" about her likes and dislikes. Sun in cancer ruled by this moon.....she was basically unsinkable though her lows were dramatic, as in clinically psychotic. Hard childhood although she describes it as wonderful and fun. You have to listen to the subtext of her stories to know how chaotic and neglectful it was-- the age of 5 she was babysitting two younger siblings when the house caught on fire. I'm convinced she was operating her entire life with PTSD and undiagnosed autism. Her moon was also conjunct uranus within a degree. Now you have me thinking the mars conjunct venus was a minor player in this script :brows