Consistent, meaningful experience using lunar mansions?

Has anyone here actual, concrete working experience with lunar mansions?

My intuition tells me they´re kind of a big deal, but most of what you can read about it is [humor incoming] like "The Xth mansion is good for the harvesting of walnuts, but evil for pecans. It causes eventual colds and flus in winter, but favors the casting of iron rods in summer."

There must be some source giving consistent definitions of things signified by the mansion that can´t simply be explained by zodiacal factors. Anyone feeling the same here?

Fraternally,
sr_sedna

Hi tsukii,

Thanks for your answer! I'm aware of nakshatras and their importance in Vedic too, and it would be nice to hear "success stories" about them as well. I have tried to delve a bit into Vedic in the past but got frustrated with the amount of sources and conflicting versions, in addition to the vagueness I already mentioned.

It would be great if a Vedic expert could tell me something like: "Do a search in your charts for people with the moon in [insert nakshatra] and you will see that, even with their differences, they all have [insert distinctive feature] in common. In my experience, it is easy to do that with the most prominent criteria in Western astrology and find consistency, but Vedic, at least from the unlearned place I'm standing, seems like an overwhelming ocean of endless and confusing things.

srsedna wrote:
It would be great if a Vedic expert could tell me something like: "Do a search in your charts for people with the moon in [insert nakshatra] and you will see that, even with their differences, they all have [insert distinctive feature] in common. In my experience, it is easy to do that with the most prominent criteria in Western astrology and find consistency, but Vedic, at least from the unlearned place I'm standing, seems like an overwhelming ocean of endless and confusing things.
Dear Srsedna,

I admit that trying to study India's astrology (mistakenly called "Vedic") can seem overwhelming, especially for teachers who insist on using square charts rather than the circular western wheel. Regarding the lunar mansions, I did some research using the Sun and Ascendant in the mansions back in 2013 and posted results here on Skyscript:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7562

Traditionally the mansions belong to the Moon, but traits are very difficult to research because the Moon is receptive, and receives the aspects of other planets. So it's almost like you have to know someone to observe how the Moon's mansion traits might be expressed. Presently (on-again, off-again) I'm collecting charts with the Moon in the mansions from AstroDatabank. I still have the old ADB program on my computer, so can call up many charts at once and save them. Your question has encouraged me to get back to work on this research. Thank you!!
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

The Nakshatra/Lunar mansion ""Ashlesha"" is related to poision.

It is the nakshatra with poison myths and theme.

"“Visasleshana Shakti???
The Power to Inflict with Poison

vedic scholar David Frawley ).
describes Ashlesha's shakti (power)...
" Quote:
Aslesha

Aslesha is ruled by the serpent God. It has the power to inflict with poison (visasleshana shakti). Its basis above is the approach of the serpent. Its basis below is trembling and agitation. These three together bring about destruction of the victim.

Aslesha Nakshatra paralyzes the enemy. This can be helpful if we have enemies but it can serve to give a person an inimical temperament as well. It all depends upon how the energy of this Nakshatra is used. Serpents also give wisdom, but a practical wisdom through which one can overcome enemies and obstacles.

Here is a link to a book about nakshatras of Dennis Harness
https://books.google.se/books?id=16KCUh ... PA35&dq=As hlesha+the+p
ower+to+poison&source=bl&ots=sDQomTnNXD&sig=KEQMeU6TLaea1WQSfB2gIXWuLT4&hl=sv&sa
=X&ved=0ahUKEwjI5sTiqO7ZAhUpCpoKHaXqDVcQ6AEITjAF#v=onepage&q=Ashlesha%20the%20po
wer%20to%20poison&f=false

This is a nakshatra often activated when for example cancer patients are treaded with chemotherapy.

It can be activated during cases of drug poisioning.
(Amy Weinhaus have her natal mars and venus in this nakshatra where one of them is ruler of her sidereal ascendant.)

Coming up in later post.....

Poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in UK 2018

The role of Ashlesha lunar mansion natally and mundane in transit and eclipse in that case....
Last edited by Stefan on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This was posted months before the poisining in UK on James Kelleher's site.
From James Kellehers site....

Quote:
There will be a total Lunar Eclipse on January 31st in Ashlesha Nakshatra. Ashlesha is symbolized by intertwining serpents. It is connected with the underworld or the unconscious. This is a very psychological area of the zodiac, so the period surrounding this eclipse is excellent for inner reflection and any type of psychological work. Ashlesha promotes the ability to witness the contents of the unconscious with a neutral, cordial attitude. The willingness to experience the various complex elements of the mind with fascinated non-judgement, allows the healing process to take place. You don’t necessarily need to fix it, you just need to see it.

Ashlesha’s shakti is the power of poison, so this is also a good time to avoid anything that is toxic. Look at your home environment, the air you breathe, the food you eat, as well as medications you take, and try to get rid of poisonous elements. This includes recreational use of drugs or alcohol.

During this period, it is also a good idea to distance yourself from people who are toxic, complicated or manipulative.

The mantra for this eclipse is Om Shri Ashlesha Nashatra Devataye Namah.

So jus as the eclipse in purva shada with accompanied transits was related to water crisis which seems apt today, the 2018 eclipse in Ashlesha did for certain getting the global attention to poison in Uk for awhile....

I will post a chart of Sergei kripal with eclipse in ashlesha and his natal ashlesha planets....

This visual shows eclipse in Ashlesha (16'.40' Cancer - 30'.00' Cancer, Sidereal)
Overlayed over Kripal's chart. Noticing that he have two natal planets in this lunar mansion...venus and Pluto.
(Noon chart as no known birthtime for him).

Last edited by Stefan on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Recent happening this month:

"Russian opposition politician may have been poisoned, says doctor who visited him on Sunday"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ays-doctor

Astrologically he have an Ashlesha Mars.

Experiencing his Mars return in Ashlesha when arrested by Russian police.

So the conclusion....might watch out if you are a russian and is opposing Putin. Especially so risk of being poisoned when you have planets in Ashlesha.

His sidereal chart:

3rd case of poisioning with Ashlesha activity going on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-nam

Kim died on 13 February 2017 in Malaysia as the result of an apparent assassination conducted by North Korea using VX nerve agent.[4]

(VX is an extremely toxic synthetic chemical compound in the organophosphorus class, specifically, a thiophosphonate. In the class of nerve agents, it was developed for military use in chemical warfare )

He died in same month as a lunar eclipse in Ashlesha right on his natal ketu placed in this lunar mansion.

Sidereal chart below:
With february eclipse overlayed over Kim's chart.

Yes it is quite fascinating.....

Looking for an example of some wellknown person I did check Meghan Markle.
I saw that she have a strong emphasis on Hasta nakshatra.
Hasta is a nakshatra related to the hands. It's symbol is a hand or a fist.
It's shakti is the power to reach our goals. Effectiveness and skills with the hands.
Hasta – 10 00-23 20 Virgo

Hasta is ruled by Savitar, the creative, inspirational and transformative form of the Sun God. Its power is the ability to gain what we are seeking and place it in our own hands (hasta sthapaniya agama shakti). Its basis above is the seeking of gain. Its basis below is the process of gaining. These together place what one wishes to gain in ones own hands.

Hasta gives the ability to achieve our goals in a complete and immediate manner. Such goals are usually creative in nature. Savitar is the creative will that builds up the universe with all of its beauty. His productions are most wonderful. The indications here are that our own creative efforts will have great success under the influence of this Nakshatra. We should choose a high aspiration accordingly. For example.

Her Sidereal chart:

Her chart show her ascendant lord moon in hasta along with saturn and jupiter in the 3rd house.
Hasta energy is quite effective and hard producing.

This info gets a sense of this kind of energy.....

One royal expert explained how Markle gets up early, “5:00 in the morning oftentimes, gets on the treadmill??? and begins by texting her team members about the day’s plans. This approach is not what the staff are generally used to and, in fact, a source told ET last year that Markle’s “direct approach??? didn’t “sit well??? and “raised eyebrows??? among the staff.

The expert added, “probably in her mind she’s just kind of getting her day set up but royal staff members were certainly not expecting or happy to start getting a barrage of text messaged instructions starting at 5:30 every morning and took great umbrage and offense at that.???

Hasta is also about the "Hands" as the symbol is a hand. People with manual skills with the hands are often represented by Hasta.
Also skills at writing....

From a Jyotish source....
"Hasti * The Hand * hand-craft
Meanings of Hasta Nakshatra

drawings, calligraphy, orthography, geography, maps, tools, instrumentation, musical instruments

painting, carving, sculpting, massage, manipulation, measuring, message-craft
"

Calligraphy !

Meghan Markle has a particular hobby that’s recently experienced an increase in popularity ― and it might be one you’ve looked up on Pinterest, too.

Before taking on her role as a royal, Markle made known her love for calligraphy. Prior to her big break as Rachel Zane on the show “Suits,??? she supported herself by teaching calligraphy at a Paper Source store in Beverly Hills, California. In a video for Glamour from July 2013, she explained that the all-girls Catholic school she attended taught penmanship and that as she followed her dreams of becoming an actress and attended auditions, she took on the art to support herself “instead of waiting tables.???

She showed off her calligraphy skills while chatting about “Suits??? with talk show host Larry King in 2013. You can see an example of her work in the video below around the 13:20 mark.

Markle has been known to influence sales of fashion and beauty products, but her love for calligraphy might have also inspired a boost in the craft.

In its 2019 trend prediction report, Hobbycraft, a U.K. arts and crafts retail chain founded in 1995, revealed it’s seen a 40 percent increase in sales of calligraphy items compared to last year. The company has connected at least a part of this jump in sales to the Duchess of Sussex.

“Putting pen to paper is becoming more popular and there’s no doubt that the Duchess of Sussex has helped to raise the profile of calligraphy writing,??? Hobbycraft’s Customer Development Director Katherine Paterson said in a press release.

Members of the Society for Calligraphy based in Los Angeles told HuffPost that they also have seen a recent surge in calligraphy’s popularity and that Markle has sparked interest in the art. Social media and the ability for calligraphers to easily post videos of their work have also helped.

“As more viewers follow and like these videos, more calligraphers are posting calligraphic work, marketing their services and products, and lessons online,??? the group told HuffPost via email. “The volume of postings is evident in the surge of interest in calligraphy.???

Similar to her love for calligraphy, Markle has also mentioned her appreciation for handwritten letters in the past. According to People, Markle wrote about the handwritten note as “a lost art form??? on her blog, The Tig, which she shut down in 2017. She also described herself in a 2015 piece for Elle as “an actress, a writer, the Editor-in-Chief of my lifestyle brand The Tig [now defunct], a pretty good cook and a firm believer in handwritten notes.???

Here is a youtube clip which shows her doing some Calligraphy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jt_7zVLeRk

Continued......
Last edited by Stefan on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.