This is more so an event chart area than general astrology but I will leave the post in this area in case others argue it is a transit.

In my experience with event charts (and horary), Mercury stationary versus retro is not generally hugely different (unless maybe you are, say, analyzing a health issue). I am skeptical that Mercury stationary direct versus stationary retro is much better. Traditional authors claim that stationary direct is better (like a sick person getting better) but it is still debilitated. If Mercury is slow or retro, I tend to see it as similar debility, but I may be too simplistic about it.

I started my current job around a time when Mercury in Virgo went stationary direct in 2017 (also conjunct Mars like this current transit next month). My main issues have been with paperwork during the initial hiring process (lots of miscommunications with the employer getting my paperwork handled) and also loads of technical problems related to my employee account (I use a lot of computer apps in my work and there have been so many issues with my logins and not having the proper IT support setup ahead of time, etc.).

IT at my job in general is not very good but that is not my job and I don't have time to deal with it. I find it extremely frustrating because it has not been like that everywhere else I have worked. Details at the job in general are often glossed over or unclear (protocols, etc.). Part of me likes the flexibility, though.

I have been working here almost 2 years and have not transferred anywhere, but all 2 years have had these technical/information issues. I have a dignified, swift direct Mercury in natal with an out of sign aspect conjunct Mars though (also dignified, swift direct). My mental aptitude has been discussed more at this job than most other jobs, I have found (a general appreciation for how quick I am).

My worst experience was starting a new job when Mars went retro in Cancer. Hostile work environment. It was on my ascendant though.