Missing item - jade necklace

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some assistance with recovering this jade necklace of mine. It is carved with mandarin ducks. Doesn't have particular sentimental value. I'm just puzzled that it's missing. It's almost like it walked away on it's own. I'm normally very careful with my stuff and hardly misplace things, or I can find them somewhere. I only have so many drawers and so many places where I can keep it. I've checked everywhere, esp in my jewelry pile.
Querent is denoted by Venus in 4th house, being combust. Querent is at home, which is right.
Item is represented by Mercury which is in the 3rd house in Cancer. Could it be near some papers, or North (Cancer)? I checked. Normally, jewelry is in the closet, which is the North West area.

Moon, the second significator of the missing item, is in Libra, which illustrates a piece of jewelry. It can also mean high-up. Not sure what 6th house means.

Mercury Cancer - 3rd house
Moon Libra - 6th house.

Does this speak of something like a closet? I have checked closet 10x. I normally have jewlry at the same place, but just this happened to go missing.

The last aspect to the Moon was Jupiter in 8th and last aspect to Merc was Pluto in the 9th. Does this actually mean it is stolen? The planets are near end degrees so could be near door or window? I checked.

My hope is it is at home (3 planets in 4th house), but where should I look?
[/img]

The last aspect to the Moon was Jupiter in 8th
Just wanted to point out the last aspect was to square Saturn which also opposes the 2nd house item.

In the Skyscript article on lost items it says the following:

How the goods have become lost is judged from the last aspect of the asc-ruler. For example, Lilly says if it separates from Saturn, it may be due to forgetfulness
In my experience on missing items, an opposition often shows dropping the item. I would especially check the floor and behind things where it can hide when dropped, such as counter floor crevices and under rugs. Cancer might emphasize the bathroom or kitchen or swimming area. Mercury is also aspecting Neptune. Somewhere with water?

I would also use the general rules on whether the item will likely be found, so try applying this to your chart:
Arguments for Recovery

Application from the Moon to the ascendant or its ruler.

Application from the Moon or 2nd-ruler to the 2nd house or its ruler, or to a planet in the 2nd, or to Fortuna.

Application from the Moon to its own dispositor.

The Sun and Moon aspecting each other or the cusp of the 2nd house by trine.

The Sun and Moon aspecting each other by any aspect out of angles.

The Sun in the ascendant (unless in Libra or Aquarius, where it is debilitated).

The Moon, 2nd-ruler, asc-ruler or a fortune (Jupiter, Venus, Fortuna, North Node) placed in the ascendant, 2nd house or 4th house.

2nd-ruler in the 10th or 11th shows the object is near the querent or is being kept by a friend.

The Moon aspecting a fortune shows the item is in the safe keeping of an honest person who will return it. (Especially if the fortune also aspects the ascendant or asc-ruler.)

The Moon or 2nd-ruler angular.

Arguments against Recovery

Both Sun and Moon 'under the earth'.

The Moon or 2nd-ruler cadent or far from the querent's significator.

The Moon or 2nd-ruler in the 7th or 8th house, aspected by the ruler of the 7th - this suggests the missing item has been stolen (the 7th house indicating that it has been taken by another, the 8th house indicating that person has already sold it or profited by it).

Fortuna or the Moon disposed by an infortune (Mars, Saturn, South Node, Uranus), or an infortune in the ascendant or 2nd house. Infortunes suggest loss or damage to the goods.
The same is indicated by affliction of the 2nd house cusp.

The Moon or 2nd ruler 'under Sun's beams', combust, in the 8th or applying to 8th-ruler.

The Moon or 2nd-ruler separating from its own dispositor.

The Moon or 2nd ruler aspecting an infortune - it has fallen into the possession of a dishonest person who will keep it. (Especially if the infortune also aspects the ascendant or asc-ruler.)
PoF is often used in these charts too, so it is good to include that. The lost item seems to be emphasized in a north direction, or north east, but you should also consider the Moon and PoF for location, as well as the 1st, 2nd and 4th houses. Usually Venus naturally lords jewelry so it seems a little odd to be ruled by Mercury. Can you describe it? Mercury's metals and jewels are listed here:
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/mercury_att.html

Since the 1st lord is with the Sun in a fixed fire sign in the 4th, it could be greatly obscured by something and it would maybe again suggest floor level, possibly near a heat source. Sometimes combustion shows being inside something.

Good luck. I hope you find it.

Indeed it's last aspect was to Saturn. My bad. Thank you for pointing it out, and for replying, Tanit.

Merc's last aspect was to Pluto, too. It seems like a sinister planet. Is there a possibility I dropped it outside and someone took it? Or does 4th house indicate it's definitely at home?

When they say "North", does the person's standing direction influence where the "North" is? Or does it go by universal North direction from a compass?

Yes, it's pretty odd that the jewelry is signified by Mercury, but perhaps because I sometimes bring it out to show it to others that are interested in them. I was just hoping it wasn't stolen when I dropped it outside. There's no metal on the jewlry. Only maybe the small tag. It is made of jade and string. It may be mercurial as it is light greyish and a mix of colours (as from your link)

The PoF is in Pisces in House 11, 12 degree pisces. It aspects Saturn in a sextile.

I didn't bring it to a toilet or a bathroom.. there's no heat source either. However, I keep a pile of plastic/ paper bags and bags at the same corner where jewelry are kept. Havent looked through them yet. Do you think they could be there? Moon is in the 6th house, does it refer to storage bags? I have checked all my storage containers. Maybe I have missed one out.

I've checked my storage bags. They're not there. The only place I haven't checked are clothes and papers. Does Cancer indicate clothing?

I've checked "Neptune" places, like anything related to blue, water, or swimming. But none. I didn't take it to the bathroom because it's not washed. Could "sun" indicate something yellow? It may be in a mercury-coloured box? Last I recall I did put it in a silver box. But may have taken it out. There's no silver box anymore.

but could it be in someone else's storage container, though

As I said, in any missing item horary, you want to look at the chart for signs of recovery and I was hoping you would address that but since you didn't and might struggle with separating and applying aspects, I will point out it is generally advisable to pay attention to where the Moon is going. It is applying towards the second ruler, which is normally good, but before it gets there it hits Mars, 7th ruler (house of theives) and a malefic, which is known as prohibition, or a type of denial of perfection.

The Moon is applying from one malefic to another within the via combusta, and both luminarias are below the earth, and 2nd ruler and Moon cadent, which is extra difficult for recovery. Assuming there is hope besides that, you will obviously have to search hard and likely not where you expect since it shows forgetfulness and maybe confusion with Neptune. Lilly says the Moon applying to a malefic can suggest the item is with a dishonest person. Rather than giving up though, I will say in some cases besiegment indicates being wedged between objects, such as in one of the example charts in that article on missing objects in Skyscript "where is it?" and in a recent missing phone from WooWoo. If the item is found and it is not at floor level that would be surprising. If the bags you mention are floor level I would check them very carefully and check that it is not hidden inside something within the bags. Consider too that Cancer might just be describing the appearance of the object rather than the location. Emphasis in Leo for ASC ruler, PoF, and 4th house should also probably be considered. The 2nd ruler and Moon cadent can indicate it is not within the home but for the sake of ruling out the home it is good to check there as well. The reason cadent placements are considered more difficult is due to the assumption that they represent a location further away, but sometimes they just mean something is harder to find.

One pro is the PoF in a sign of a benefic and it is interesting how Jupiter beholds planets in the 4th and lords the 11th. Sometimes it can indicate some sort of aid, such as a friend that helps find the object. Jupiter beholding Mars might help mitigate that influence a bit too, although traditionally from the 8th it isn't as a strong to be able to do that. One has to try to look at some possible positives though.

I normally take the direction to be a compass direction. So if you are standing in your home and point a compass north or north east it might be in that direction, since that is the emphasis from the 2nd ruler (although you should probably look at the other significators mentioned in the article too http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html).