Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Best Time to Purchase Property
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_m

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:
To be honest, I have lately been reconsidering buying and might not move forward with it unless I see that is makes more financial sense to do so.

hi tanit,

i thought i would look at the solar return for you here... also, in reading the long book translation from ben dykes on abu ma'shar, in it he mentions a lot associated with real estate - saturn to moon projected off the ascendant... i don't have the page number from the book as i read it over 100 pages back approx, but if you take the 95 degrees of separation from saturn to moon and project it off your ascendant it will land at approx 20 libra - not far from where pluto is.. this lot is used the same way with day and night charts according to ben dykes book...

but it is with regard to the solar return chart that i find it interesting here.. 20 libra - the place of this lot is being squared by saturn and the nodal axis in the solar return chart.. my take on this is it will make everything around the iidea of buying a home more stressful and challenging... it is anyway, but i wonder if this makes it even more so? also, solar return moon is in a conjunction to natal saturn/north node... the solar return ascendant lands in your natal 8th house emphasizing the importance of financial transactions... the ruler is in the 12th which suggests hidden difficulties creating obstacles for you here... further to this - sr moon lands in the solar return charts 8th house/sign.. perhaps though if one views saturn north node as a positive for buying properties and putting down roots, the position of sr moon here would be considered favourable...

but perhaps the profection year of scorpio which you are interpreting as changing signs here into sag - has more to do with where you are at.. i think of 5th house as more speculative and mars is too as i understand mars..i don't get a real clear read from examining mars in the 3 charts... mars in your natal seems strong and well placed even if it is a malefic of the opposite sect... mars in gemini in the solar return chart looks fine in relation to the aquarius ascendant, but not as favourable when you put it into your cancer rising chart.. taking profection mars and putting it into your natal chart - it lands in the 2nd... 2nd house mars is better at spending and running thru money, then preserving it.. the reason one focuses on mars is it is the profection lord for the year and although there may be different ways of doing profections, i have yet to read of the profection lord changing mid year anywhere in my reading on profections..

maybe some of this info will be useful for you to consider..
alex62

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:

I am thinking 1997 as a comparison isn't a great indicator to buy though, since my family ended up with a mortgage they could not afford and they still feel saddled with that house, which is falling down around them. To be honest, I have lately been reconsidering buying and might not move forward with it unless I see that is makes more financial sense to do so.

on the contrary, it is the right indicator to buy.
because it's a view through your horoscope, not your parents' horoscope.

Why it is for your parents to end badly should be investigated through their horoscope. Because buying a house is not a bad thing. And of course everything has its beginning and its end. That's why we use astrology to keep track of those cycles and processes that are happening around us.

Tanit3333 wrote:

There is nothing I am aware of here that lead to homelessness three years later but I was 6 years old and do not remember decisions I had no control over. We were renting a home and were poor because my parents did not work, so I don't think it had anything to do with legal reasons. My family was on welfare and could not afford to purchase the home we were renting, and in 1988 we had to move when the seller sold the house but my parents could not afford to move anywhere. It was more so just poverty.

I do not claim that this was so. it's just the first theory for losing a home.

With more information (that can only be provided by your parents) the interpretation may be revised.

That's all I can give, with information provided.
waybread

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit, I view your question as belonging to electional astrology in relation to your birth chart. In my experience, it is kind of a Rubik's Cube, where optimizing one or two planets' positions can put another planet or two in a worse position.

I think you can plan the date and time for when you seriously activate your home search, assuming it wasn't when you applied to pre-qualify for a loan; but depending upon your real estate market, you may not have much control over the timing of an offer, the acceptance (or rejection) of an offer, and so on.

It is good that you are working with a real estate agent. I'd recommend this, as the seller pays the commission-- essentially for your agent's expertise. Even if you don't work with a real estate agent, you may have to work through the seller's agent, the seller, a lawyer or two, the lender's appraiser, a home inspector (which I strongly recommend,) the title search company, your mortgage officer, and probably a few people I've forgotten.

In a seller's market you need to get in quickly with your offer; and in a really hot seller's market, you may find yourself in a bidding war with other buyers. In a buyer's market, you can take more time.

Sales under contract can fall through, as well.

Generally, most sellers try to put their properties on the market in early spring, as spring and summer are the times when most prospective buyers are looking. If a house has been on the market for a long time and it's winter, you can generally get a lower price on it.

If someone has a great formula for dealing with this level of uncertainty, I'd love to learn about it. Maybe elect the best date and time you can for launching your quest; and then plan on a series of horary questions as you become serious about specific properties.

[Posted by someone who has bought/sold 13 properties, and now planning on putting our current house on the market.]

Best wishes, W.
Tanit3333

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final info for anyone interested: I decided to not purchase a home at this time.
WooWoo

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around now ?

Probably NOT till well into Next Year.

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the last horary I looked at (whenever that was) seemed to point towards waiting and there was a Saturn angular retro indicator of a market decline in the 10th house of the question approaching and it seemed to be something that would be obvious to watch out for. The market hasn't slowed down in my area yet even with the pandemic though. I think the pandemic is going to get dramatically worse in the next 2 weeks in the US, according to a horary I asked a few weeks ago.
Yuriy

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit, do you connect this pandemic to Uranus transiting Taurus now?
I remember Uranus was associated with viruses...
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yurly- I am more so a horary astrologer than a mundane astrologer but as a microbiologist, I have asked specific questions about microorganisms in the past and they were represented as Mars. I also have Mars in the 10th house of career. It might have something to do with the heavy Capricorn influence at the moment involving Saturn, Pluto, Jupiter and now Mars itself. Capricorn is the sign of Mars' exaltation. I have seen some astrologers attribute microorganisms to Saturn but I feel strongly that they are Mars. The first reported case was right as Jupiter was entering into Capricorn, and probably augmented the influence of Saturn and Pluto in that sign already. Once Mars entered the situation it was even more out of control. When it reaches a tighter conjunction with those other influences we might expect to see things at their worst, I wonder, or some sort of better understanding of the situation at least. This is just my thought process though. Also, we notice that the sign of Capricorn is often associated with the aged and the people most vulnerable to this virus are older. This is kind of even true also with the stock market. People's retirement funds are getting hit. For most of us, we will bounce back, but the people I talk to who are retired or retiring are scared. I have a retired friend who is also stuck on the cruise ship in San Francisco. We are all being impacted but I do think it is especially emphasizing a certain age range.

When I asked specifically about the virus, it was again represented specifically as Mars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: