Planet's strength

Hello all.
One general question regarding transiting Mars.
Mars is leaving Leo now, entering Virgo sign.
Is Mars losing essential strength then or not?
Mars being in agreement by nature in fire sign, obviously adding strength. But Virgo is earth sign, so Mars there is third triplicity ruler, other words "general ruler" of triplicyty. So, will his strength increase or not?

Hello,

I'd feel that Mars wouldn't like the Detail Seeking Perfectionism of Virgo. To much like Hard Work. Though I'm sure Mars like to exert him self but in more glorious ways I'd feel. I'd say he'd like Leo far more.

Good question though the sort of thing I have to deal with all the Time trying to understand how the Planets work.

NOT that the Sun is applying to Mars also !! Mars will like the Heat but does that make him more irritable in Virgo ?

I don't think that Mars combusts, and certainly I haven't seen clear -VE reactions during this time. I think we are looking at an uncomfortable Heat.

Humid ?

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

WooWoo wrote:Hello,

I'd feel that Mars wouldn't like the Detail Seeking Perfectionism of Virgo. To much like Hard Work. Though I'm sure Mars like to exert him self but in more glorious ways I'd feel. I'd say he'd like Leo far more.

Good question though the sort of thing I have to deal with all the Time trying to understand how the Planets work.

NOT that the Sun is applying to Mars. Mars will like the Heat but does that make him more irritable in Virgo ?

H
WooWoo,
Thanks for reply.
That's an interesting point, "Sun is applying to Mars".
I was doing a lot of horarys recently regarding my health issue and Venus right in front of Sun now even quicker applying to Mars.
And my concern is my kidney stone passing, and my artworks selected for some exhibit. Obviously, Venus ruling both kidney and artworks.
When Venus conjunct Mars in Virgo Venus will be in own tryplicity and Mars ruling my 2nd house - that might be good for selling my art.
But Venus also ruling my AC and Sun, and meeting Mars there...

Mars in late Leo has two lower essential dignities (face and term) but Mars by nature is excessively fiery and when you put it in a fire sign that can be exacerbated. Mars is also currently combust and I remember an old thread on this where it was discussed how bad that might be due to so much excessive fire - in a way, the Sun is also being burned, if that is possible. I generally view Mars in fire in a day chart as more favorable because the night helps cool the excess heat. Leo is a masculine sign and more of the nature of Mars but that isn't always a good thing. Virgo is a feminine sign and an area where Mars has no essential dignity other than a minor term dignity in late Virgo. Virgo is a cool and dry sign so its coolness I could see helping to possibly temper Mars a little bit and I have seen it work pretty well in some natal charts. It helps if it is also received by a dignified planet, such as its dispositor Mercury also. In natal charts for men where it is emphasized in their manners, etc., I especially see Mars in Virgo in men who are good with their hands and coordination, very organized and dress well and often have a workout and diet plan that they follow. I would think women with this might be similar or possibly attracted to males with these features if they are heterosexual. They tend to be more cool and collected than Mars in Leo, which can be more passionate, forceful and even a little tacky or garish, but also creative. Mars in Leo can also obviously have more of a temper rather than the sharp tongue and quick come-back of a Mercury ruled Mars, which can cut with a knife with their words (verbal abuse can be an issue if afflicted). It obviously depends a lot on other factors but the general energy can be this way.

Tanit3333 wrote:Mars in late Leo has two lower essential dignities (face and term) but Mars by nature is excessively fiery and when you put it in a fire sign that can be exacerbated. Mars is also currently combust and I remember an old thread on this where it was discussed how bad that might be due to so much excessive fire - in a way, the Sun is also being burned, if that is possible. I generally view Mars in fire in a day chart as more favorable because the night helps cool the excess heat. Leo is a masculine sign and more of the nature of Mars but that isn't always a good thing. Virgo is a feminine sign and an area where Mars has no essential dignity other than a minor term dignity in late Virgo. Virgo is a cool and dry sign so its coolness I could see helping to possibly temper Mars a little bit and I have seen it work pretty well in some natal charts. It helps if it is also received by a dignified planet, such as its dispositor Mercury also. In natal charts for men where it is emphasized in their manners, etc., I especially see Mars in Virgo in men who are good with their hands and coordination, very organized and dress well and often have a workout and diet plan that they follow. I would think women with this might be similar or possibly attracted to males with these features if they are heterosexual. They tend to be more cool and collected than Mars in Leo, which can be more passionate, forceful and even a little tacky or garish, but also creative. Mars in Leo can also obviously have more of a temper rather than the sharp tongue and quick come-back of a Mercury ruled Mars, which can cut with a knife with their words (verbal abuse can be an issue if afflicted). It obviously depends a lot on other factors but the general energy can be this way.
Tanit,
Thanks for detailed analysis (guess some Virgo quality too).
One point is missed to clarify my initial question about third rulership of triplicity. Mars is third ruler of earth triplicity, does this position qualify him as "general ruler" and adding some essential strength eventually?

I follow Lilly's triplicity rules, which uses two instead of the Hellenistic three. If you use Hellenistic triplicities, then, yes, Mars has triplicity essential dignity. In practice, this does make some sense to me. My best friend is female and has Mars in Virgo and married one, and I once was in love with one and also worked many years with a male one, so I tend to be a little biased towards liking these people and like this particular placement for Mars myself. I have always found that when they are upset with you or if you hurt them, they say very mean things that they don't really mean, though. I have a Mercury-Mars conjunction that is similar on an energy level, so is probably partly why I relate to them. They are more quick and witty than me though and also funny (all of them). They are all not very direct about most things, regardless of day or night position. I find this frustrating about them. I have to clarify things with them a lot or feel like their method of thinking is the long way around a solution rather than direct. This is probably the cooling effect and feminine placement of the sign.

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/triplicities.html

I love X Files' Astrology traditional interpretations and this one on Mars in Virgo is great:
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/virgo-mars.html