Isaac Newton and his Neptune on the II house

Sir Issac Newton, one of the most brilliant minds of his time, effectively reduced to poverty at the age of 70 because of his decision to invest in the South Sea Company. This particular event, which he has been put in contact with, is explained by the close conjunction of Neptune with his II house (Orb:2°).

Neptune in contact with the second house can produce vain illusions in regards to ones material goals, unclear financial situations, or theft and deceit in regards to ones material possessions. Get-rich-quick schemes that end up in disaster. Such contacts could also indicate financial sensitivity in some of its positive forms.

What could be some basic strategies to counteract such a position? Inspect investments thoroughly and rigorously before placing your money into them, for one. Monitoring ones material possessions so that they do not get stolen, eroded, or go down in value.
www.FadiMazboudi.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xnsx ... subscriber

I haven't looked at any information about him other than what is in your post, and I am not familiar with him at all.

From information you give in your post, when he was age 70 his Solar Arc Ascendant was 15.5 degrees Capricorn, which squared the antiscion of his natal Jupiter, 16 degrees Libra, which is on the cusp of his twelfth house. His natal Jupiter is 45 degrees semisquare to his natal Neptune's antiscion at 29 degrees Capricorn.

I haven't even looked at the transits, I will if I get time.

hi fadi,

if you leave out neptune , what would you say about mercury in sag in the 2nd which also rules the 8th in square to saturn in pisces in the 5th house? saturn in the 5th - poor success in speculation and hitting on the debilitated mercury in sag in the 2nd, might answer to all of this don't you think? i suppose i am saying leave neptune out of it, as you have enough to work on with the traditional planets...

I agree with James. From a quick eyeball of the chart its also clear at the age of 70 Newton was in an 11th house profectional year (based on this chart time) which activated his debilitated Mercury as the Lord of the year.

That is assuming we have the right time for Newton in the first place. As you have rectified the chart I think you should notify people what you have done. At best the Rodden times we have for Newton are rated C. You seem to have arrived at almost the same time using similar methods (and the same house system) to Isaac Starkman.

Fadi wrote:
This particular event, which he has been put in contact with, is explained by the close conjunction of Neptune with his II house (Orb:2°).
To base your delineation around a speculative rectification of an outer planet to an orb with one particular house system seems very questionable.

Mark

From Astrodatabank: Source Notes
Arthur Blackwell quotes F. Manuel, "A Portrait of Isaac Newton," 1968, "born an hour or two after midnight." (December 25, 1642 OS)

(Ebertin gave "between 1:00 and 2:00 AM." Astrology Journal 3/1962 gives 1:00 AM. Blackwell rectified to 1:38:00 GMT.)

(Data Plus UK April 1998 quotes biographer Michael White, "Isaac Newton: The Last Sorceror," 4th Estate Publications,1997, which states that the birth took place "sometime soon after 2am" (on Jan 4, 1643 NS in Woolsthorpe, near Market Overton, Lincolnshire, England.)

Starkman rectifie it to 2.32.32 LMT
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly