Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Perfect asp between significators but early asc // moon void

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arya

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Perfect asp between significators but early asc // moon void Reply with quote

Hello,

I did an horary with the time of sending an application for a government job in the foreign affairs office.

The ascendant, very early aquarius (0°38'), gives me saturn in cap as my main significator, while the job would be 10th house scorpio, so mars in scorpio. Both have great dignity and there is a near perfect applying sextile aspect between saturn and mars, with only one minute difference.

But the moon is void of course; having only minutes left in the sign of virgo (29°39), and the early ascendant are my concern. Could it be a positive but as the recruitment process is a long one (about 6 months) it could mean that it is still too early to ask the question? Or is it because I took the sending time to do my horary to ask if I get the job, could it be confusing? Can a moon void of course erase the positive connexion existing between the significators?

Thank you very much for your help!

Chart data: 19 dec 2019, 10:29am, Rillieux, France
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - is this a horary or an event chart? There is a big difference in how to interpret the two. If it is an event chart I would not call it very favorable because the ascendant lord is Saturn accidentally debilitated in the 12th and the Moon is poorly placed as well. In event charts you want to fortify the ascendant lord and the Moon especially. Venus on the ascendant is helpful but she is not as strong as the force of Jupiter and may not be enough to counter balance the malefic nature of the chart. The 10th lord is also a malefic although at least neither are angular which you do not want. Both of the luminaries are afflicted though and even if Moon applies to Jupiter and separates from Venus, both a benefic, Jupiter itself is accidentally and essentially both poor. Venus is really the only possible aid here and she is an inferior so not the most forceful. I would say it would have been better to fortify the Moon, the ascendant and its lord and the 10th house of the matter and its lord better when applying. If you get an interview, pay extra attention to this for selecting a time.

If a horary, I would not necessarily call the Moon VOC. Lilly says that if it applies within orb of another planet (here Jupiter) it can function but the chart itself seems to lack rootedness so I would be cautious in interpreting it. It does appear more like an event chart for when you sent the application.
Arya

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer Tanit! It is an event chart I guess because I took the timestamp of the post office as timing, but I thought it could serve as well to know how the matter will unfold. So you would recommend to cast a new horary chart if I want to know the outcome of the application? Or the chart being not strong, it probably means the result won't be good?
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arya - event charts are usually used to plan something. For example, when applying for a job, some astrologers would use an event chart to determine the best times for the applicant to send their application, and they usually base this in part on what is a favorable time for the person using their natal chart but there are some general rules for what makes a chart "good" or "bad" as well, such as the general placement of the ascendant lord, the angles, the Moon and the house of the matter and its lord.

Trying to predict the outcome of an event using an event chart is not very easy or possibly even reliable because you really should consider the natal chart too. They are not read as a horary chart. So to answer your question, I don't think you can predict much with this chart but using general election rules it probably was not the best time to submit an application. I think most event chart planners would not have chosen this time as favorable. However, it depends a lot on what your chart is currently showing and how that aligns with this chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: