End of matter Meaning

I'm still struggling to understand this..while

"It is often used to represent the 'end of the matter' and Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson considers the turned 4th from any house to show the conclusion of the business attributed to it (ie., the 3rd house shows the resolution of 12th house matters)."

But what is the end of the matter..does it mean that the question will have no answer...that the questioned has been answered and will not change ever no matter other involvement ..

"If someone says that's the end of the matter or that's an end to the matter, they mean that a decision that has been taken must not be changed or discussed any more."

In horary, who's making this decision? the gods? In a true crime case...are they saying the topic should not be discussed otherwise something bad will happen?

thanks
AMT

Hello - the end of the matter refers to the final outcome of the matter in the chart. Although future aspects may describe experiences around the matter, some would say the 4th describes the end in general of the situation or resolution. In things like legal issues, it is the outcome of the trial. In questions on missing persons, it usually describes where they will be located or where their body is. The 4th is the house most associated with endings in general. For example, after death where do you go. I actually think of the 4th as one of the most mysterious and mystical houses for some of these reasons.

Obviously, a person's belief system will dictate to them who or what, if anything, creates an ending.

For more on the houses, I would recommend picking up Deb Houlding's book. Some of the information of the book is on this website too though.