Is this querant even interested in this question?

I have a question...I sometimes I may ask stuff or people may ask stuff that they think they really care about, but in a hour or two they could care less.

The consideration of judgement laid by William lily is not what I am referring to. But how invested the querant is in the question. This may be more of a concern for the hobbyist astrologer than a professional astrologer. Since people are more likely to ask frivilous questions to a hobbyist (someone not earning money to perform the reading) than waste 80 usd to 400 usd for a frivolous question.

How would you go about telling from the chart how invested the person is in the question?

hope this question doesn't offend anyone.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

hey eleanor,

i think it's a good question... i had a prejudice against horary for this very reason for a long time... just a lot of flaky questions that people can frivously ask.. fortunately i grew up and realized this is not the reality all the time - maybe more like an exception, but i still see a lot of questions that seem fairly frivolous to me - lol... hopefully this isn't the case.. isn't this one of the reasons to discourage reading a chart with really early degrees of a sign rising? the question was considered premature or something.. of course i am curious how tanit is going to answer this as i tend to find her comments almost always insightful and right on.. hopefully she and others will respond who are more immersed in horary then i..

Eleanor - unfortunately, a lot of people who do not use divination themselves view it as form of entertainment or "fortune telling" at best. They have no necessity for it, which is kind of normal. Divination is also addictive so if someone has a good reading from you, they might keep asking questions because of curiosity and self interest. A lot of horary readers themselves probably do this. I started reading tarot at the age of 14 or so and came across friends who became addicted to readings as well as people in general who used me for readings, so I learned early on how to spot people who were addicted or using me or had silly questions. I would say just work on accepting questions that come from a meaningful place and that are clearly important to that person, such as important life decisions or dilemmas. One thing you might consider doing is what Bonatti did - he required those seeking a reading to ponder the question (and pray) over night before coming back to ask the question. I would tell your acquaintances not to waste your time on questions unless they are serious about them and want you to spend your own time interpreting them. It is rude to waste your time.

You might have noticed that I constantly question some queries I see in here or I don't answer them myself and it is primarily for the reasons above. Deb has an article on The Art of Not Asking Foolish Questions and it is also something to keep in mind when accepting questions: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html

james_m wrote:hey eleanor,

i think it's a good question... i had a prejudice against horary for this very reason for a long time... just a lot of flaky questions that people can frivously ask.. fortunately i grew up and realized this is not the reality all the time - maybe more like an exception, but i still see a lot of questions that seem fairly frivolous to me - lol... hopefully this isn't the case.. isn't this one of the reasons to discourage reading a chart with really early degrees of a sign rising? the question was considered premature or something.. of course i am curious how tanit is going to answer this as i tend to find her comments almost always insightful and right on.. hopefully she and others will respond who are more immersed in horary then i..
Thank you.

I did funny enough do a question for myself like a day or two ago. I asked a question that I was serious about. 0 degree came up. I had to meditate why that came up and i found 0 degree to indicate you aren't really asking the root question/the question that weighs on your mind really. Anyway, once i figured that out i still looked at the chart as whole. The root question i had I did't want to know the answer to/already convinced i knew the answer. So no need to ask.

i have had people ask questions about something and then i say to me "what really is the question?" the asc though is not always early and may have to wait until they are ready to ask the question for when they are ready to hear the question.

Another sign i notice is if many of the planets are in very early and late degree. Then I know something is wary with the sitter.

An interesting link i found http://renaissance-astrology.blogspot.c ... ent-0.html
Enjoyed reading it much.

Tanit3333 wrote:Eleanor - unfortunately, a lot of people who do not use divination themselves view it as form of entertainment or "fortune telling" at best. They have no necessity for it, which is kind of normal. Divination is also addictive so if someone has a good reading from you, they might keep asking questions because of curiosity and self interest. A lot of horary readers themselves probably do this. I started reading tarot at the age of 14 or so and came across friends who became addicted to readings as well as people in general who used me for readings, so I learned early on how to spot people who were addicted or using me or had silly questions. I would say just work on accepting questions that come from a meaningful place and that are clearly important to that person, such as important life decisions or dilemmas. One thing you might consider doing is what Bonatti did - he required those seeking a reading to ponder the question (and pray) over night before coming back to ask the question. I would tell your acquaintances not to waste your time on questions unless they are serious about them and want you to spend your own time interpreting them. It is rude to waste your time.

You might have noticed that I constantly question some queries I see in here or I don't answer them myself and it is primarily for the reasons above. Deb has an article on The Art of Not Asking Foolish Questions and it is also something to keep in mind when accepting questions: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html
I like horary so much more than cards...plus notice harder to abuse horary than divination with cards. I haven't gotten much into the other predictive forms of astrology.

So just have to be selective. I usually only accept people that ask 3 months+ in the future or a direct outcome to something that will hit a boiling point soon. It prevents re-occurring question many of the times.

yea, I rarely engage with threads. Many times it's because I feel I probably won't find out the outcome.

Tanit3333 wrote:I think horary is much more specific than tarot and requires less intuition but ultimately they are both forms of divination and I can see similarities between the two.
yep both forms of divination.

I just think with horary it is harder to project much on it (a desired meaning or situation..if you stick close to to rules and really observe the practice) Where with cards its easier to mislead self.
That is just my opinion why i prefer horary. But, in the end just speculating about situations or how events will play out.