hi lunlumo,

i wish i could give you a positive response based on my limited studies.. in fact, i still find solar arc directions more reliable! but i did read ben dykes latest book on abu mashar.. in this book ben gives the settings to use if you want to follow how it was done in abu mashars time... i shared it here on skyscript in the sidereal forum i think, but can't find it, so here it is again... this info is on page 675 of ben dykes 2019 book abu mashar on the revolution of the years of nativities...

using morinus
options-> appearance 1. click "terms' and decide whether you want colour or black and white.
options-> minor dignities > terms. choose 'egyptian'..
options > house systems > whole signs

options > primary directions... starting from the top left and working downwards, choose:
placidus semi arc
zodiacal, neither
aspects of promissors to significators.
promissors: choose the 7 traditional planets and the terms.
you could choose fixed stars and then select from the list, but remember that these are not proper partners.
middle: choose the conjunction and classical aspects.
significators: choose the ascendant ( 'asc) or some other releaser/significator, but only do one at a time.

options > prmary keys. choose 'static' and 'ptolemy'.

th calculate the distribuitions, go to tables> primary directions.. choose the age range, 'direct' and the resulting table will give you both the bounds and the partners in the promissor column, the natives age in the arc column, and the date when the distribution begins.. note that morinus only allows degrees and minutes for birthplace calculation, so the dates might differ from janus by a few days, especially over the course of life..

Thx - this really helpful.
Just one more point.
Among "Options" I find "PDs in chart" and there both "Terrestial" and "Celestial", the latter one including "from the planets" and "from their ecliptic feet" - I've chosen "from their ecliptic feet". (?)

Actually I fully agree with your view concerning the Solar Arc. Nonetheless after constantly being told hat the PDs are of supreme importance in traditional astrology I finally decided to have a closer look...

THanks again,
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

hi lunlumo,

i was able to get the data without having to take any of those PD key options.. in fact if you right click on the mouse after you have pulled up the primary directions for the time frame - 25-50 years and etc, you can see that you can choose terrestial or celestial and look at them both and also do comparisons with this morinus software... perhaps you can experiment and see what you come up with, but i didn't have to make this choice in order to get the data, or to generate additional charts with the right click which gave me additional options in the program.. hopefully you can figure it all out.. cheers james

Hi James,
now I've got it - thx!
At first sight: "from their ecliptic feet" seems to give results more precise.
Regards,
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.