parashara verses jaimini approach

the interesting thing about these books i have been reading by bv raman and dr k s charak is that the topic of parashara, or jaimini approach is very critical to a newbie like me... in these 2 authors books the literature is sprinkled throughout with jaimini terms.. it is almost impossible to not have a basic primer in jaimini in order to be able to digest what is being said...

this is especially so in the very last section of bv ramans 'how to judge a horoscope volume 1'... i read the 2nd book volume 2 before reading the 1st.. i was impressed with his work and meticulous attention to detail... these books are informative, but i can't see how a student can get around learning only parashara's approach on indian astrology at this point in time...

http://jyotishvidya.com/jaimini_or_parasara.htm

i guess this is just observation on my part that i thought i would share for anyone new to indian astrology.. i can't see how a student can learn only one of these systems.. i think they are stuck having to at least familiarize themselves with the 2 systems and the differences involved...