"Lord 7 in House 7" love chart interpretation

Dear Forum,

What I read

Lilly: free of love; have little thought of the querent
Ms Deb Houlding: have little thought of the querent, especially if exalted or in own sign (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html)
John Frawley: "The person isn't going to come out and play, no matter the aspect" (Horary Textbook)

My questions

This is treated as a bit of an overriding rule. Am I correct?

By overriding, I mean that even when other factors all seem favourable, for example,
Both L1 and L7 are essentially dignified;
In angular houses;
are applying conjunction or trines with mutual reception
or have aspects to be perfected by transference or collection of lights.

With presence of these other favourable factors, does L7 in House 7 still symbolise a complete lack of interest, or an inability to act on the feelings, or other possible interpretations that I've not yet come across?

I'm seeking advice on how to synthesise these. This has been bothering me for quite some time. Thank you for reading my questions.

Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can honestly say I cannot think of a chart where a love horary had a 7th lord in the 7th and it was a good outcome. I can even think of cases such as conjunctions between Venus and Mars (supposedly a very relationship driven combo) in an abusive boyfriend (Mars in a sign of Venus conjunct Venus in the 7th) and a gay man who was not interested in a woman (Mars in Aries conjunct Venus in Aries).

I am sure there are exceptions as in all things but I agree with all three of these authors on this as a general rule, and by that I mean it is a strong negative indicator.

Thank you for the insight, Tanit.

I don't have as much experience to share. But some weeks ago, I was asked to look at a chart a friend pulled for herself. She flirted and fell in love with someone who had a girlfriend.

On her chart, I saw Moon in Taurus conjunct Lord 7 Venus in Taurus. Both were 24-25 degrees well within the orb of Algol.

I thought the guy possibly had feelings, but I kept that to myself.

Due to the Lord 7 in 7th rule, I told her that this would be, at best, a bit of a stalemate even if they went on with the flirting. We both agreed that she'd better not lose her head over him. But she still isn't inclined to put a stop to it as far as I know. I will provide updates (if there would ever be any.)

Ah, just stumbled upon something Ms Deb said back in 2003. It's very useful. Let me paste it here.
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... c&start=15
The idea of 'who loves who best' being judged simply by the sign placement of significators, is quite a red herring in this business. This is where all the confusion has crept in because it has been thoroughly confused with the notions of reception; but actually, it is a completely separate principle.

Motivation is shown by movement, not position, and all sources are agreed upon the principle that the planet which moves most swiftly to create the application indicates the party who is most keen. What we need to see is the party being applied to receiving the one which applies towards it.

The placement of significators is descriptive in another way, and adds more details, but from another level. In that, the placement of one person's significator in the house of another will help to describe the power play of the relationship. The theory is not original to anyone, because it is well known historically and discussed in many traditional sources. I agree with the ancients but I understand Lilly's observation - it raises a very interesting point about why relationships that are made easy for us are not always the ones that capture our interest. There is an informative principle here, but it has been stretched out of all proportion, given to a technique it does not belong to, and allowed to swallow up other important details of relationship issues. I'm not keen on trying to explain or argue against this with relevance to the concept of 'reception' because I don't even agree with the notion of tying the two principles together.

Yes, Deb says like/love or not is shown by aspect, which is counter to what Frawley would say. Essential dignity is the quality for good or bad of the aspect, accidental dignity is the power of the aspect, and reception further describes how much attention is given from the host and adds familiarity or lessens a hostile aspect (it increases the benefit of an aspect).

Lack of aspect is a pretty strong indicator of lack of interest. I personally do not look at 7th lord in the 7th as lack of interest so much as a very strong self interest.