Neptune in my natal chart is on Gacrux & I find because of the position in my chart it has a Christain influence, which I suppose is strange coming from someone who has a love of astrology But wasn't it those 3 wise men who followed the star travelling hundreds of miles on camel's back. So certain were they of the finding the birthplace of the Messiah, I also have Sun Mercury & Venus in Pisces. For me, Neptune is about redemption. If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.
So as Neptune transited over my Mercury the 10th house ruler in the 6th house. A dark dark period in my life. Realizing that my mother was the author of the darkness. I decided to follow what Saint Paul taught "& if someone should curse you pray for them". I decided that I would learn to pray for her & make it a daily routine.
When I began praying I was shocked at how I felt it felt like the world was fresh & new & so was I. I prayed for her every day for 6 years until she died over that time I would hear of peoples problems, like my friend's child who had cancer & the doctors gave up on him I prayed for him he made a full recovery, maybe chance but I think not for I prayed for many & many were helped. I came to realize that prayer for others brings fruit but for myself, not so much for that is a cross I need to bear. When Neptune came to me it was time to knock on heavens door.