Which he get the job?

My SO was surprised by a potential opportunity to be promoted at work. It isn't guaranteed, but he's one of the primary candidates. A few things have to happen before the job opens for interviews and there are dependencies. Even after it becomes available as I understand it, there would still be an interview process and other candidates may be considered.

I wanted to know if he'd get the job and got the below chart. What is amazing is that applying Sun-Moon conjunction practically on the MC! What's less amazing is how neither of them apply to or see Jupiter (ruler of my 7th). I'm also deeply concerned that ruler of the 12th, the Sun, is burning the Moon. If I had to give an answer as an objective observer I would say the job will become available and will not go to him. It's unfortunate, but this horary as ugly as hell. I wonder if there's something wrong with the job.

Link to chart below.

https://imgur.com/M6JdtEW

What do you think?

Hello Stellar Tiggy,
I don't have enough experience in Job questions, but I am willing to jump in!
I see your SO as ruled by JupiterL7, Mars close enough to his ASC and the Moon.
Your question is Will he get the job?

If it was a new job, I would go with JupiterL10 (Radix 4th) and say No because nothing is going on as you wrote "Nothing applies to or see Jupiter."

But you also mention, it is a promotion. In my mind, it seems like a 6th House question, a change with his current status.
And the Sun rules his 6th (Radix 12th) which would give a lot more action especially with the Moon.

Am I right?
Ouranos
Blessings!

Hello StellarTiggy,

May 22, 2020 - 1:09 pm
77w00, 40n43
The first thing I see is Neptune rising in his ASC: something is wrong.

According to Sylvia DeLong
Delay, confusion or disappointment can interfere with the progress of his goal. It's suggested to reevaluate the desire or objective, because often the person is confused or may be deluding himself about the subject.
Lilly says about promotion in his book Christian Astrology, chapter 82:
-Lord of the ascendant / Moon be both joyned to the Sun, or to the Lord of the 10th, or either of them, and the Lord of the 10th behold the 10th, or be personally therein, the Querent shall then have the thing sought after, but not Gratis; nay, he must bestir himselfe, and use all the friends he can about it.
Lord of the 10th is personally therein.
use all the friends he can about it
I think it makes senses, because, see that the Moon rules 11th House, the house of friends. Although exalted, the Moon is burned and its dispositor Venus, retrograde.

Venus is also at 10th House and rules the house of finance (2nd). Perhaps this has some meaning for you.

I also wonder if he doesn’t lack any qualifications, which is a subject of 9th House.

Hi, a little late to this.

I think we either use L1+L10 which is Mercury or L7+L4 which is Jupiter. I incline towards L1+L10 because the Moon is in House 10 and the emphasis seems to be in that house. Some ancients think that sometimes a chart can leave the Querent out of the question, if it is the Quesited's life that is being inquired after.
(http://www.skyscript.co.uk/affair.pdf) Barbara Dunn in her book also entertains an example of this. ("Is my husband having an affair?" Page 201 of Horary Astrology Re-examined.)

L1+L10:

I agree with Miss Watson that this seems to fit Lilly's requirements. But Lilly himself says that a combust Moon is the worst testimony, even worse than the L1 being combust. This Moon also rules the "next" sign in House 10.
(Edit June 20: the Moon is actually cazimi, strengthened)

L7+L4:

(+)
Jupiter is right now separating from the "next" sign in House 4, Saturn but they will eventually perfect the aspect in Aquarius.

(-)
Jupiter doesn't behold the descendant - according to Bonatti he's not coming to Lord 7 despite the dual rulership. Mars' inflicting the 7th cusp.

Overall I think the negatives outweigh the positives.
(Edit June 20: the chart looks hopeful.)

It would be nice for ST to let us know the result.
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:04 am, edited 6 times in total.