Thank you Amelia for submitting a question for which we have an answer!
I think it is the Sun and L1 Venus.
They share a lot of receptions
-Sun in the Exaltation and the Face of the Moon
-Moon under Rulership and Triplicity of the Sun
---
-Sun Antiscia is 18Leo36 about to be reached by the Moon
-Venus Antiscia conjunct MC of success.
---
Moon's next aspect is a sextile to Sun 2 degrees
Moon and Sun are average but Venus is slow
2 to 4 weeks - Good call!

"Whatever is well conceived is clearly said, And the words to say it flow with ease." (Nicolas Boileau)
Blessings!

Thank you, Ouranus. It would seem that the chart really is pointing to House 11.

I guess I just can't get over the fact that when romantic feelings were clearly involved, and a relationship was hoped for, the chart turned out to be an 11th one.

Even the Moon is in the 11th...

Because that means next time I get a "reconciliation" kind of question from a love-sick person, I'd have to look at 11th the house of friendship?

It's important to always let the chart guide our interpretation, but this has really got me scratching my head.

Amelia

Agree with you Amelia!
This is raising the interpretation at the art level.
I think also that the Moon aspects have something important to say in any question. As they say, they show the 'movement' or the 'action'.

Coming from the influence of Rudolf Steiner, because my daughter was raised in a Waldorf School, I am always reminded of his explanations on the different bodies of a human being.
To make a long story short, the physical body has no life, it is just matter like a stone or anything physical. To me, these are the Houses.
Houses are a division of Space. We put someone here, we add flowers and a desk, yet we have no motion, we have just booked a potential scenario.

The etheric body is what brings energy to the physical world. What moves the physical world. And this is the Moon.

Thank you again for sharing your valuable experience with me.
Ouranos
Blessings!

Keep in mind that the question was only one of reconciliation. I may be looking into it more than is necessary or misinterpreting some of the symbolism as more than what was asked.

Ultimately, in most romance charts, Mars and Venus are often romantically linked because that is the nature of their feelings for one another and all the more so if they aspect and Mars is in the house of Venus. Mars is usually the one to make a move because Venus is often too passive- especially if occidental the Sun, a more traditional placement (although it is a day chart so that is a bit mixed). He has an Aries ascendant too which makes me think he probably sought her out rather than vice versa.

Unfortunately, though Venus and Mars never do actually perfect aspect here and so I want to know why that is.

The Moon separates from a mutual reception to square the Sun and translates that to Venus. I think the Sun describes that the separation of their friendship was painful. The fact that the Moon applies to Venus is a pretty positive thing in most charts let alone a question in reconciliation. Venus deals with peace and harmony and the Moon applying to it suggests some of this. A sextile is a weaker aspect though.

The main issue I have is that Mars is in Aquarius, a sign of Saturn, which loves to blur the lines of friendship and love and can be an aloof placement to say the least. I think he likes keeping a distance but might still enjoy her attention and communicating with her. Aquarius is also a fixed sign so I am not convinced his behavior is likely to change much. Air signs in general can also show the earlier stages of love where you are getting to know someone and "flirt" as you said but they can also sometimes suggest some superficiality in a connection versus connecting to someone on a deeper, soul level. Perhaps their primary connections have just been via air based energies, such as communicating via phone or social media or in group activities for example.

Mars and Venus actually never aspected here and will not in that sign. Venus is separating even though she has not aspected because she slows down to retro, and Mars then leaves Aquarius. This might explain their push and pull relationship better and could indicate that things continue to be unrequited for a while or at least blurred in this regard even if he has romantic feelings. I would assume he does since he is in the 5th house so that is how he expresses his energies. He opposes the 11th and even the Moon in the 11th and approaches from the sign that is the detriment to the 11th lord and it too applies from the sign of Mars' detriment. To me this suggests he ultimately does not want friendship but the chart is still suggesting some struggle and separation probably down the line, perhaps more so caused by Venus since it is she who turns away from Mars while in Gemini and the Moon will apply to oppose Mars after a weak sextile to Venus. There are definitely pros here but there is indication of continued confusion and struggle and maybe that both parties are not entirely sure what they want or expect from one another. Venus also squares Neptune, indicating her confused state amd "crush" behavior over the issue. The rose-colored glasses view.

I think the querent needs to focus not just on reconciliation but on clarifying the relationship and what they both want and expect out of their connection if anything more meaningful than a flirtation can happen between them. It could even be that her crush is ruined after she learns more about him and that is why she turns retro to move away. I would feel better knowing why Venus doesn't aspect Mars and if there was a stronger relationship with Mars here. It definitely isn't the worst chart I have seen though.

Tanit...

Sheer brilliance.

I know this relationship intimately, and I feel a duty to not let your incredibly accurate insights go unrecognised.

Lack of aspect: They don't, and I think can't, have a love aspect, because the man has a significant other. They split in the first place because the other woman found out they talked.

Quesited in House 5: Yes, he does have romantic feelings. I told the Querent this 5th placement, too. She confirmed that: he'd confessed that.

At this point the Querent told me: I wish the chart was completely hopeless, Amelia.

Lines blurring, not knowing what to do: Precisely. They're both friends, and platonic lovers. Sometimes they complain about their own lover to each other like friends; sometimes they are the sweetest of sweethearts.

Basically, head over heels in love but the man can't leave his significant other who has been with him since they were kids.

Both are air signs: Yes, they live in different countries. Four years of almost pure talking on the phone. Met only a few times.

Venus-Neptune: Certainly. She can see his faults, but he can do no fault, if that makes sense.

(Ps Moon opposite Mars, so I did tell the Querent to brace for some tense and unpleasant exchange before they could fully reconcile, and that was indeed what happened.)

Salute,
Amelia

Love your explanations Tanit and Amelia!
It shows your understanding of the nature of the chart!

And the Moon being in the bound of Saturn L5.
Maybe nothing will change. It is just that Saturn is slow about to turn R, like not doing anything but questioning their stalled relationship.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

ameliaastrology - thanks for that extra info. That is helpful and makes me kick myself for not mentioning my ending thought, which was maybe he was married or seeing someone else, based on some of the over-arching themes. My main reluctance was he isn't situated with anyone else (other than being disposited by Saturn) so I didn't want to assume too much more.

Tanit - I just re-read your analysis and realised I missed telling you that you were right about Venus/Mars - he pursued her.

She actually ghosted him a few times, seeing that there wasn't a future for them. But he would always call and call until she picked up the phone. Every time.

I'd update this thread when I know how that VenusRx plays out.

Amelia