Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Venus Aspects: Statistical proof of astrological effect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Echazarreta

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Venus Aspects: Statistical proof of astrological effect Reply with quote

Venus Aspects:

Statistical proof of astrological effect on partner selection, analyzing synastry aspects (venus-sun-moon) of married couples for more than 3000 marriage certificates

Good day, I would like to share a little bit about this research I did about 4 years ago (2016), and if you have some feedback will be very glad to read! Also if you have any idea of statistical research or have access to marriage certificate tabulated data I would like to hear from you!

This I made about 4 years ago, it started as a hobbie trying to incorporate statistical analysis into astrology, as a data nerd I asked myself if there could be a statistical analysis similar to Gauquelin work, that could be bullet-proof in the face of skeptics critique, avoiding the "cherry picking" problem and most important, a research design that could be "replicable".

Then I thought analyzing the synastry of married couples could be a good replicable design, because it is impossible to cherry-pick the marriage certificates. Then with almost four thousand marriage certificates I found that some aspects between venus-sun-moon surpassed statistical significance versus random control marriages, and something noteworthy is that the statistical significance was highest with a tighter small orb.

The data is in google spreadsheets so anyone including skeptics can check it.

I believe that these findings can be replicated with more marriage datasets. This data was manually entered to excel. If you have a tabulated data it would be nice to check it!

Thanks for reading!

Victor

- PDF document only (read this first):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_Y9rHDm_6WaGNZRHhIU0t3REU/view?usp=sharing

- All the tables and data:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_Y9rHDm_6WR0dwbnk1eVhCVk0?usp=sharing

- Marriage certificates scans (raw data)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_Y9rHDm_6WfmVMdHdNOWlrNXVNd3dXbVBtZS14VjJLVmc5bkM0Q2M5enk2TWYtbUkzelk?usp=sharing
james_m

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing victor!~ i looked at the first pdf file that you linked to..

so if someone came to you and asked you if 2 people were suited to getting married, do you think you can say with any certainty whether it was a good idea to marry or not?? what would you be looking for?

cheers
james
Victor Echazarreta

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
so if someone came to you and asked you if 2 people were suited to getting married, do you think you can say with any certainty whether it was a good idea to marry or not?? what would you be looking for?

Hi James,

Good question! Although this research was done looking for statistical proof of astrology, and a marriage opinion would take a lot more information, I would be looking at the number of aspects in the synastry, and also at the strength of those aspects (small orbs). The smaller the orb the greater the effect. This would be a good start, based on the data.

Besides that, it would be nice to have someday a research of the divorce synastry statistics doing a similar analysis and find out if there is a pattern that could predict divorce. Then maybe we could have a more complete opinion on a specific couple.

Cheers!
james_m

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor,

thanks for your comments! and welcome to skyscript by the way too!

i used to think closer aspects were quite important.. i am not as convinced as i used to be... my wife and i have been together for 30 years... we have a sextile between moon and venus that is 2 degrees orb and her saturn is in a 3 degree orb to my midheaven, but after that the orbs don't seem to matter so much as the general themes that connect.. my moon in her sun sign and my venus in the sign opposite... her venus in my mars sign, but very large orb and etc. etc... i become less convinced of the importance of orbs for this sort of thing, but i am only speaking from my own position and haven't done any statistical study to back it up!

another theme i have become fascinated by in the past few years is the importance of the nodal axis in seeing connections between people.. in the case of my wife and i, my sun is close to her north node, while her mars squares my nodal axis... i think most relationships are a mix of good energy and challenges! it is hard to pin it down to anything, but looking for sun- moon- ascendant in one chart for connections to venus in the other is a good place to start... cheers james
Fleur

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
victor,

another theme i have become fascinated by in the past few years is the importance of the nodal axis in seeing connections between people.. in the case of my wife and i, my sun is close to her north node, while her mars squares my nodal axis... i think most relationships are a mix of good energy and challenges! it is hard to pin it down to anything, but looking for sun- moon- ascendant in one chart for connections to venus in the other is a good place to start... cheers james

Yes, Moons Nodes interaspects are very important in all close relationships, not just husband and wife. And natal planets to Moons Nodes show the kind of people we mix with.

I don't see either Mars or a square to the nodal axis as being negative. Half the time Mars is positive, and I haven't noticed that a square is any different from an opposition or conjunction (and trines are much weaker, just background).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Philosophy & Science All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: