Ruler of 9th, Jupiter, on Algol

Client wants to go on a very long trip abroad after the coronavirus crisis will be over (probably in 2021).

One possible problem / danger I see is that her natal Jupiter is tightly conjunct Algol, and that this Jupiter is the ruler of the 9th house of long trips.
This is the clients first big trip abroad and she plans on traveling alone.

Frankly, I'm a tad worried about this Jupiter. I'm consoled somewhat be the overcoming trine to venus which is highly dignified in her chart, also by the fact that the part of courage is 6 degrees away from Jupiter.

By the way, next year the client would turn 32 y.o., that is a 9th house profection year (again that jupiter).

What do you think this Jupiter in her chart tries to tell? And what would you advice the client?
Some part of me want not to tell the client anything about it so that she would able to enjoy her future trip...

Here's the chart:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KZk6Ub ... sp=sharing

Her Moon's antiscion is 20 degrees Pisces 11 minutes, in the ninth house close to the Midheaven. Transiting Neptune is sitting on it.

This Moon's antiscion squares the antiscia of Saturn, 21.5 degree Sagittarius and Neptune 19 degrees Sagittarius 6 minutes, in the sixth house. Because she has such a strong sixth house, maybe she should make sure she has good travel medical insurance.

I am sort of picking up from this chart that romantic issues are important, and her Solar Arc Ascendant, and Descendant, will soon square her fifth house Pluto, from about the time of her 33rd birthday, one degree applying. Transiting Pluto has recently conjoined her seventh house Venus in Capricorn. Goes without saying that Neptune conjunct her Descendant will probably have an effect on relationships.

The Midheaven, Moons Nodes, Venus pattern shows a potential for some sort of fame, and Neptune will soon cross her Pisces Midheaven, activating this pattern.

hi dima,

thanks for asking! it is always fun to hear others perspectives..

next year jupiter transits into pisces - and her 9th house.. in fact - jupiter will transit her 8th and into her 9th next year and tansit over her sun.. that in itself seems like a good omen for taking a bigger trip then she has taken to date..

i have mixed feelings about the connection with algol... i have the planet venus conjunct algol... either algol is over rated, or i haven't seem it having the ominous role that many have given it.. it is a binary star - i think i have this right - and seems to have a cycle of its own - not sure how this might impact people differently depending on where in the cycle it is... otherwise i think jupiter is fairly strong and well placed in the 11th.. if this is one of her dreams - an 11 th house concept - it sounds like next year is the right time for travelling..

sun and moon are in a nice trine and the moon is in her solar 9th house as well emphasizing the importance of broadening her experience via travel, philosophy or what have you - 9th house type stuff.. would be nice if she could find a travelling companion given moon in libra! saturn transits the ruler of her 2nd house - sun, so maybe the trip will be a hit on her finances, but sounds like she is going into all this knowingly.. transit saturn in the 8th is more tricky and maybe she will run into obstacles that are not all that obvious here.. i think she will work it out though given jupiters transit...

thats my quick take on what you are asking about... hopefully she gets to see the world and broaden her perspective on what a fantastic world it is we are lucky to be on here..

one quick mention of jupiter ruling the 6th.. jupiter in pisces is a 6th house transit to her moon as well - ruler of her ascendant and putting a greater focus on health issues... a similar set up happens with saturn transit to sun here and into next year... she needs to remain mindful of her health which is ongoing for everyone..

The benefics combining is generally pretty favorable and protective in a chart, traditionally speaking. Personally, I think the trip might potentially bring something romantic considering her 9th lord trines Venus in the 7th, which is its lord. Caput Algol shows up a lot in romance horaries I read where someone falls head over heels for someone and loses their senses (losing one's head). Also, she has the 7th lord transiting the 7th house.

If anything one would think short distance travel is a greater issue with Mercury lording the 3rd retro in the 8th square Mars in detriment in a day chart. Mercury does lord transportation in general though. I would avoid having that aspect emphasized more so than Jupiter.

Unfortunately, I attended a funeral at the beginning of February of a friend who threw himself off a motorway bridge his wife left him for another man despite having nursed her through a cancer diagnosis to her full recovery.
He had Venus exactly on Algol forming a Yod the other two legs being the North node & Neptune.
Be careful with the natural signification of the planet. Venus being benefic did not counteract Algol's evil influence.

Unfortunately, I attended a funeral at the beginning of February of a friend who threw himself off a motorway bridge his wife left him for another man despite having nursed her through a cancer diagnosis to her full recovery.
He had Venus exactly on Algol forming a Yod the other two legs being the North node & Neptune.
Be careful with the natural signification of the planet. Venus being benefic did not counteract Algol's evil influence.

The problem is that Caput Algol is not even always bad for the native. It could describe an aspect of themselves, such as their manners, or something that happens to someone important to them, for example. It doesn't always signify physical or mental influences that harm the person. We have talked about it many times before, such as here: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... sc&start=0 .

Also, you mention that Jupiter was conjunct Algol but that it was not mitigated and I never said that Jupiter itself being conjunct Algol is mitigated but this Jupiter here is trine and received by an angular Venus, which is a pretty strong protective factor, IMO.

My observations have shown that Venus and Jupiter are not particularly benefic. Jupiter is often around at death, though of course most of the time a heavy transit or Solar Arc progression involving Jupiter won't mean death and is usually highly beneficial, but not always.

Venus is where you look in the chart of somebody really evil, a serial killer or sex offender, or just somebody generally poisonous like a narcissist. Venus is also where you look in cases of depression. Aphrodite was a jealous Goddess.

Yes, that's true Fleur my mother passed as Jupiter transited the fourth house,
Venus invisible is linked with the Gorgon in the Persephone myth, Venus morning star linked with Athena & Venus evening star linked to Aphrodite. If you have Venus morning star it is supposed to make you more active in seeking your partner, Venus evening star seeks to attract a partner in gentle ways Venus invisible witchcraft, every 8 years venus visible cycle creates a pentagram in the sky, pentagram symbol of witchcraft. The other interesting thing about the pentagram has the Phi ratio which is linked to the ratio of beauty. Venus evening star can make your lover disappear quickly not to be seen again.
Coming back to Jupiter /Algol there isn't such a link to this star as with Venus
so could be safer, rather than travel I would expect obsession with religion as it affects the mind more. The Islamic fundamental cult of Isis comes to mind (another female goddess root name) which incorporated beheading & fear.

My observations have shown that Venus and Jupiter are not particularly benefic.
Well, your anecdotal observations would be counter to many years of traditional astrology theories and applications.

As far as Jupiter being present at death, Jupiter can bring relief or release. Also, benefics may still lord over subject matter that relates to death or lord difficult houses. I don't see how that is applicable in this case though. Every chart is unique and I fail to see why Jupiter is so bad here, other than using examples that are not related to this chart and assuming that they are.

Jupiter trine angular Venus in Capricorn, antiscion falls on 2nd cusp Jupiter rules 10th 6th & 9th Jupiter exact sextile MC The Jupiter on Algol can give a career teaching those who have lost a sense of value. The Venus Capricorn is frugal the trine makes the person over expansive & over-optimistic in trying to achieve her hopes & dreams Algol confounds the person dreams I think the person will find blocks placed in her ambition to travel, She needs to keep silent about her wishes & pursue them in mindful secrecy.

Tanit3333 wrote:
My observations have shown that Venus and Jupiter are not particularly benefic.
Well, your anecdotal observations would be counter to many years of traditional astrology theories and applications.

As far as Jupiter being present at death, Jupiter can bring relief or release. Also, benefics may still lord over subject matter that relates to death or lord difficult houses. I don't see how that is applicable in this case though. Every chart is unique and I fail to see why Jupiter is so bad here, other than using examples that are not related to this chart and assuming that they are.
I can think of loads of examples of charts with strong Venus and or Jupiter, where you could hardly call them benefics. Bernie Madoff's chart is a good example. https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Madoff,_Bernie
I wonder how the traditional astrologers would have interpreted Bernie Madoff's chart? Strong Venus elevated near the Midheaven? Venus and Jupiter dominate his chart.

And Dennis Nilsen https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nilsen,_Dennis
He has Jupiter exactly conjunct his Ascendant.

I didn't mean that Jupiter was bad in the OP's chart.