The chart of Terence McKenna.

Terence McKenna was a famous ethnobotanist and shaman, born 16th November 1946 at 7.25am in Hotchkiss, Colorado.

Astro databank has the AA chart with birth time from his birth certificate.
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/McKenna,_Terence

He has a 22.5 degree aspect within one degree between Pluto and Mars. This is the only aspect that Mars makes in his chart, but this pattern was transited by IsisTranspluto from hitting at conjunction with his natal Pluto one degree applying at 12 degrees Leo 22 minutes starting in September 1964, to its last touch of 17 degrees Leo 83 minutes, one degree separating from a square to Pluto's antiscion, in July 1980.

I noticed this effect whereby what looks like a fairly insignificant natal pattern becomes massively important when transited by IsisTranspluto, especially with a direct hit like a conjunction. In the chart of the poet Emily Dickenson, her Mercury isn't that striking until you notice that it was transited by IsisTranspluto in later life, when she started to write poetry.

I think that Mars, especially as it rules the head, rules inner visions. In Terence McKenna's chart, his Mars is linked to his Pluto, which was activated powerfully by the long term transit of slow moving IsisTranspluto in Leo. I also think that the generation with Pluto in around 12 to 13 degrees Leo, born between about 1946 and 1948, were strongly affected by this same transit of IsisTranspluto to their generational natal Pluto, which was part of the 1960's effect.

Mars has an association with violence too, and the title of shamanic author Daniel Pinchbeck's book "Breaking Open the Head", which is about inner visions, has a Mars-like feel. (Daniel Pinchbeck born 15th June 1966, no birth time known).

Terence McKenna also has a pattern with his Mean Moon's Nodes squaring his Midheaven, and his Moon is part of this pattern. This shows fame and public appeal.

Noon chart for Daniel Pinchbeck, author of shamanic books. No birth time known, this is a noon chart.

I don't know how to interpret this chart, but his natal Mars is widely squaring the exact generational Pluto Uranus conjunction. Maybe other people here have thoughts about this? I don't tend to consider such wide orbs, though maybe a solar arc progression at around the age of three when solar arc progressed Mars was exactly squaring that powerful conjunction in Virgo. Early childhood solar arc progressions could be especially powerful and affect the whole lifetime, which could be why they get interpreted as natal aspects even when the orb is more than one degree.

There is a natal Mars Sun Chiron Neptune pattern.

Hi Fleur
It seems the Uranus /Pluto conjunction in Virgo was a time of inventions of day to day tasks machines like washing machines TV etc making daily tasks easier & giving power back especially to women, Here the conjunction ruler
Mercury is in Cancer a mute sign The transformation & access to power is through the lunar unconscious level. The comparison with Anna Breytenbach Is Interesting she has a moon neptune pluto T square.
I also have the Mars in gemini to pluto square but pluto is in my 12th house So my power was lost in childhood.I will have to look into the Isis trans pluto
Thanks for mentioning this

With 9 events I rectified his chart to 7.14.08 MST Asc 26Sco41’.
MC is conjunct Moon and square Mars. Rising Mercury conjunct Mars and sextile Neptune. He was very prolific writer and lecturer- helio Mercury trine Moon and in opposition to helio Jupiter.
Heliocentric Mars in opposition to Uranus- he was a longtime sufferer of migraines, and died from brian cancer.
His pre-natal Epoch is reflecting his life much more distinctly:
23 Feb 1946 10.01.04 UT Asc 25Sag20 Moon 26Sco43.
In his epoch, Jupiter, his ruler, and Neptune conjunct MC. Helio Jupiter is on MC in opposition to helio Mercury, and trine helio Uranus- the best indictation for a prolific writer.
Mars conjunct Saturn squaring IC, helio Mars conjunct Pluto in 8th house.

Daniel Pinchbeck kindly send me his birth time: 10 am.
MC conjunct Moon and Venus sextile Mercury and Jupiter, trine Uranus and Pluto- his mother is also a writer.
Neptune square Asc.
Helio Mercury conjunct helio Uranus and Pluto, sextile Neptune. Helio Venus, rulers of MC and 3rd, in 8th is sextile Venus and trine Neptune.

Isaac Starkman wrote:Daniel Pinchbeck kindly send me his birth time: 10 am.
MC conjunct Moon and Venus sextile Mercury and Jupiter, trine Uranus and Pluto- his mother is also a writer.
Neptune square Asc.
Helio Mercury conjunct helio Uranus and Pluto, sextile Neptune. Helio Venus, rulers of MC and 3rd, in 8th is sextile Venus and trine Neptune.
Brilliant. Thank you for that.

His Mercury's antiscion is 15 degrees Gemini 52 minutes in the tenth house, exactly square that powerful generational exact Uranus Pluto conjunction. Mercury Uranus usually denotes high intelligence, and with Pluto gives that great uncanny insight.

The other side of that coin is his Pluto Uranus conjunction's antiscion is 14 degrees Aries in the ninth house of higher thought, exactly square Mercury in 14 degrees Cancer in the eleventh house.