Is he married or divorced?

Hi All,

It's that time of year again...I mean the time of year where we play guessing games on whether the dumb dude you're talking to is married or divorced! :D

Ok ok! but on a serious note :) I feel like over the past 6 months I am being screwed in the brain by someone who is a master at straddling the line between flirtation and action. I don't know if I am as interested in him as I am in understanding what the heck he's really doing! This person would bog me down to talk for hours on end. Why? He has never asked me out but constantly finds excuses to speak to me, and I think it's true that he hasn't ask me out because I met him via professional means, although we do not work together. I thought this whole time he felt he'd be crossing a major line, until he randomly mentioned a wife - for the first time in a year. I didn't ask, he just offered it. Again, not sure if I am as concerned with him as I am with understanding what's happening in his mind. When I asked this horary my exact phrasing was "Is he really married or is he divorced?" And I asked this because I thought since we met he might be divorced. He's of the age bracket, has a family, and has never mentioned a woman in his life until recently.

Anyway, here's my take on the horary:

https://imgur.com/a/O2SgjrI

I use the sidereal version of astrology with whole sign houses (I didn't adjust the house system here). Sagittarius rises and my significator is Jupiter in Sagittarius RX on the ascendant conjunct Pluto. My sig. is in great dignity but RX. I think this indicates I'm in a good negotiating position with him because I am not dependent on him for anything, but the RX status shows something is wrong. Hmm...

He is Mercury in Leo in a tight conjunction with the Sun. In the 7th is very appropriate Venus in Gemini reflecting the nature of the question. I don't know if the Venus in the 7th is a reflection of the nature of the question or more an indication of the PRESENCE of a woman (or women) in his life.

His significator tightly conjunct the Sun in my view means he is married. It is possible he might be in the process of divorcing because Mercury had just separated from a trine with Mars in Pisces, and in addition the Sun is very strong and I don't know if this conjunction is so much an indication of marriage as it is an indication of control and dominance, especially with such a burning strong Sun in the 9th house. The Sun is burning Mercury with ALL its ability.

Receptions--

Sun and Mercury are both in the triplicity of Jupiter. However, with Jupiter being in the detriment of Mercury, Jupiter does not receive Mercury (negative relationship). I looked at this several times. Sun is in Jupiter's triplicity and Jupiter shares reception with Sun, so given the positive reception I thought the Sun might be him, but then who would Mercury represent?

When we describe him - he is an older male who has an established history. I think he is much more descriptive as Sun or Saturn, maybe Mars to some degree too (he's a bit of a hot head).

Ideas--

There is also a part of me that wonders is the Sun/Mercury conjunction is actually a divorce. But I haven't seen that in the texts as much.

There is a part of me that wonders if he's got several girlfriends on the side (Venus in Gemini in the 7th).

There is a part of me that wonders if he's actually Mars in Pisces because whoever that is is basically dignifying my significator.

He has said in the past that he enjoys talking with me and that much is telling. I wonder if he understands what message it sends.

Your thoughts are welcome. Thank you!!

StellarTiggy- If you want to use sidereal, I would post this in the sidereal forums. I can move the thread for you if you want. We do western astrology interpretations here. Using a sidereal chart and applying western methods is not standard for either approach. For example, in sidereal methods they often view retrograde planets as a positive.

Tanit3333 wrote:StellarTiggy- If you want to use sidereal, I would post this in the sidereal forums. I can move the thread for you if you want. We do western astrology interpretations here. Using a sidereal chart and applying western methods is not standard for either approach. For example, in sidereal methods they often view retrograde planets as a positive.
Hi Tanit,

If you can repost the chart in western with the data I provided that would be most appreciated. If not, I'll fix it tomorrow morning and save.

Hi All,

See the western chart below.

Edit: Super embarasssing! I posted the wrong chart before. But the correct one is finally here!

Unfortunately I cannot accommodate everyone's chart preferences so if you prefer just copy the data into whatever program you use. The chart is placidus by default.

https://imgur.com/a/9m7zS2N
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Could it be that you are misinterpreting his communications as romantic? I find it odd that Saturn is retro in the 1st square Mars in the 3rd. That suggests error on your part. His significator is fixed in his own house, in a sign of the Sun dignified and intercepted and conjunct the 5th lord. He seems to be in a settled situation and doesn't express interest in your significator. He does not "see" you here, which shows lack of romantic interest. Maybe he enjoys discussions with you, shown by Mars in the 3rd, but he is not showing legitimate intent on a romantic level. Moon square Uranus makes me think of someone who enjoys exciting, lively conversations but who may also behave a bit erratically, which can be difficult to interpret, hence your confusion. I do not think it suggests he has significant romantic interests, at least not currently.

Tanit, can I ask you a question. I've seen numerous times that planets in the L7 can sometimes represent the person that they are in a relationship with. Since sun is the co-ruler, could it be mercury?
Thank you!
WJ

Tanit, can I ask you a question. I've seen numerous times that planets in the L7 can sometimes represent the person that they are in a relationship with. Since sun is the co-ruler, could it be mercury?
That is what I think it is saying as well. However, Mercury is the radical 5th lord, which could be children too. It could be the Sun and Mercury are his family, as he is lorded by them and the Sun is in domicile, meaning it is in a place that is loved while also being in the quesited's house.

If the SO is mercury though she is combusted by the sun so she is incredibly weak in this moment of time. Can we draw the insight that things are rocky at this present time or that a part of him is hurting her right now?

Also, the sun doesn't receive mercury outside of the conjunction. There's a good aspect but not additional reception. According to Bonatti though that's enough to hold them together, right?

The other school of thought I've seen is that the significant other is represented by a conjunction, right now the sun and mercury have a 0 degree separating (but considered applying) conjunction. I would assume this would have to be his partner.
Thank you!
WJ

If the SO is mercury though she is combusted by the sun so she is incredibly weak in this moment of time. Can we draw the insight that things are rocky at this present time or that a part of him is hurting her right now?
Mercury often lords young people and could represent his children. My own pull is that Sun is the spouse but I could be misreading it. These planets are intercepted in his house. Intercepted planets are like a hidden house - a house within a house. This emphasizes that the querent is not aware of his personal life and is jumping to conclusions. The Sun is the strongest planet in the chart and lords the quesited so I am not seeing this as a weak relationship. Again, these are fixed signs too, which suggests lack of change. The fact that the querent is so debilitated helps me with this judgment call though since it suggests she is in error.
Also, the sun doesn't receive mercury outside of the conjunction. There's a good aspect but not additional reception. According to Bonatti though that's enough to hold them together, right?
Even if you took Sun as the quesited and Mercury as the spouse, Sun does of course receive Mercury in a sign of Sun's domicile and yes Bonatti would say reception is not required for conjunction.
The other school of thought I've seen is that the significant other is represented by a conjunction, right now the sun and mercury have a 0 degree separating (but considered applying) conjunction. I would assume this would have to be his partner.
They are separating and not considered applying but it is a partile conjunction, which suggests a current influence and not ending (IMO), although an approaching new moon chart (waning) is generally unfavorable for a querent as far as a positive change or moving forward with something. It suggests a conclusion to a matter rather than beginning something (Moon increasing in light is usually more favorable for a question on romance or anything where we want to gain something).

The fact that an incorrect time was posted and a sidereal chart was used makes me feel iffy about this chart but I am just calling what I am seeing.

Whether or not he is moving forward with divorce, which seems unlikely given the fixed indicators and intercepted planets in aversion to the ascendant and the ascendant lord, the querent shows zero interest in this chart for the querent, so it is kind of a moot point in the end, assuming the chart is radical.

The only thing remotely saying something for the querent is Mars received Sun/Mercury and is translating their light to Saturn. However, square aspects between two malefics are pretty negative, although Mars does receive Saturn. To me this seems to be talking about the communication that was probably misinterpreted. Saturn is retro anyway and aspects with a retro planet tend to show reversals or change of heart. They are not very good at bringing a matter into fruition. Mars-Saturn square is also what we call "frustrated desires" whether that is for either or both parties.

Tanit3333 wrote:StellarTiggy- If you want to use sidereal, I would post this in the sidereal forums. I can move the thread for you if you want. We do western astrology interpretations here. Using a sidereal chart and applying western methods is not standard for either approach. For example, in sidereal methods they often view retrograde planets as a positive.
Well that isn't true. You are conflating Indian astrology with the sidereal zodiac. There are a few of us around who use the sidereal zodiac and most of the standard techniques you'll find in early Traditional astrological texts.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com