Ruth Rendell

Ruth Rendell was born 17th February 1930 in South Woodford, England, at 9am according to Astro data bank, which gives an A rating "from memory".

I have drawn up the chart for 8.55am

The transits are from her death on 2nd May 2015.

I think this chart might have the Ascendant behaving like a Midheaven, representing career and status, and the Midheaven representing the physical body and personality. This is just a hypothesis, which could have other variants. I am actually wondering if both angles in this chart represent her career. Interesting that she has the Moon in the Gauquelin zone, behind a chart angle; Gauquelin said that the Moon in these areas was found in writers. Ruth Rendell is one of the very best writers.

Isaac Starkman wrote:I rectified her chart to 8.49.48 UT Asc 21Ari23'.
Heliocentric Mercury in Scorpio in exact trine to Pluto.
For her death, converse transit Pluto conjunct Asc
Thank you. 8.49.48 with Ascendant 21 degrees Aries 23 minutes would work for me. That gives a Midheaven of 8 degrees Capricorn 23 minutes.

It would put that writer's Moon exactly, within one degree orb, conjunct her Descendant.

Astrodienst charts need to be rounded up to the minute, they don't calculate seconds.

That rectification seems in line with some of my intital findings.

One thing I did zero in on was her natal moon angular and on the
fixed star* Spica. This seems like a good placement for public attention and success.

With the rectification the moon is more exactly angular as well making the moon even more of a focaliser in the chart...