Firdaria

:) Hello to Everybody
I'm new to the forum and would like to ask a question regarding Firdaria. I do not know very much about this subject but recently had a reading done in which this was refered to. I am trying to gather some information around the subject because I was told that I had a Jupiter Firdaria beginning June 2006. Does anybody know how this may play out in my life? I have been in a Saturn Firdaria since 1995 and it has been a time of hard work but material gain also, I've never worked so hard in all my life! I have the Part of Fortune conjunct Saturn in my natal chart and the astrologer I had the chart done by, said this is why the Saturn period had been productive for me (boy, it's been hard work too!) :-sk

Through this time, I was able to get myself a degree and a good job which enabled me to buy my house and gain some stability and I did it all myself. So, I'm not mega- rich but I have enough to live on and I have achieved more(materially) during this time than at any time before. I teach literacy and numeracy to young, dis-engaged learners who have issues such as homelessness, drug abuse, learning difficulties, anger problems and as much as I like my work and like to help these young people with so many problems, it is stressful. However, perhaps this is what I'm meant to be doing in life.

I used to sing professionally and now write songs with my partner who is a musician also. We write and record everything ourselves. We're hoping to have some success as songwriters and I suppose this IS my dream. I would also like to become a full-time astrologer at some time too. Does the Jupiter Firdaria perhaps suggest that I will now be able to persue these things more? Or am I living in La La Land?! :lala I was born on June 28 1955 at 07.05 am Liverpool, England. I would be most grateful for any feedback.

Kind regards
Mia

Hi Mia,
I use the firdaria in my own forecasting work and my clients tell me that the information it offers helps them see their unfolding lives in a wider perspective.
In contrast to the subtle shifts of the progressed Sun, Moon and lunar phasing through the chart, the fidaria present us with discernable "gear changes" in our lives. This ancient Arabic technique indicates when certain issues inherent within our natal chart may come to the fore, and how we might react when they do so.
Each main firdaria period has a planetary ruler, and within that period there are several sub-periods. In its own period the planetary ruler expresses as pure energy, whilst during the sub-periods the energy of the ruler is tempered by the energy of the secondary planet.

I like the way Darrelyn Gunzburg presents the firdaria in her excellent work "Life After Grief" (The Wessex Astrologer, 2004). In it she mentions Robert Hand's discussion on the firdaria in his workshop on Planetary Periods at the Australis '97 conference. He likened the Firdaria to Form and Matter. He suggested that the long-period ruler is the Matter from which the short-period ruler takes Form. This idea appeals to me from a descriptive point of view.
Looking at your firdaria with this in mind, you have been passing through the Moon sub-period of your Saturn period since the end of Nov 2004, and this will last until the end of June '06, when you at last enter your Jupiter period. So for the past 9 months Saturn has been the Matter (discipline, duty, hard work, restriction, responsibility) from which the Moon (feelings, responses, needs, nurturing skills) have taken shape. The houses ruled and occupied add more information and colour to this analysis.
From next April, Jupiter takes over and this should prove a lot more positive, as the Matter is now growth, expansion, faith, hope, vision etc, - all the things Jupiter represents, focused through it's natal house and rulerships. This involves the 5th and the 1st, so I would say that the broader canvas of your life will be changing into a much more upbeat gear that allows for greater freedom, fun, independence and creativity - especially since it coincides broadly with Jupiter's passage through your 5th house.

Make the most of it!
==
Pete (in Birkenhead)

firdaria

Hi Pete in Birkenhead
Hope all is well with you. Thanks for replying to my question. I do like the idea of these ancient techniques - of which I'm sure there are more. Are there any others that you use and would recommend reading up on? As I said, I have only 'discovered' the firdaria through having a reading done recently. I'd never heard of lunar phases either (I'm ashamed to say!) but have now discovered these also! Well I'm hooked again now Pete, after a time in the wilderness. I recently bought a copy of Bernadette Brady's The Eagle and the Lark which has some excellent stuff on the lunar phases together with other predictive techniques. Does Darrelyn Gunzberg's book have information about the firdaria sub-periods too? I'm looking for some kind of table or chart which I can refer to and use. I will buy a copy anyway as I've also seen somewhere else that she uses firdaria and that it's a good book also. I will have to try and get hold of the Rob Hand stuff too,- sounds interesting. Have you read anything by Robert Zoller? His name seems to be coming up alot too as I continue my research on ancient techniques.

Thanks for giving me the information regarding my moon sub-period, wasn't aware of this and it's interesting also in that my partner has been ill and has needed a lot of that caring and looking after. He's on the mend now so things are changing and looking up! When you talked about my moon sub period Pete, you said I had been passing through this since Nov 2004 and that this will last until June '06 when I enter the Jupiter period. You also mention later in your post,' next April when Jupiter takes over'. Did you mean that the moon sub-period will last until June '06 although the main firdaria changes to Jupiter in April?

Many thanks
Mia

Re: firdaria

Hi Pete in Birkenhead
Hope all is well with you.
Hi Mia,
yes I'm pretty well thanks...
Does Darrelyn Gunzberg's book have information about the firdaria sub-periods too? I'm looking for some kind of table or chart which I can refer to and use.
She mentions the Periods/sub Periods as part of the chart examples that she uses, explaining briefly how the particular combination described the period her client was going through. Basically, if you think in terms of 'Matter' and 'Form', and combine the planetary influences you get the essential flavour of the period.
SolarFire v5 has a page that lists the firdaria for any chart you pull up so it's easy to read off and make a note of.
I will buy a copy anyway as I've also seen somewhere else that she uses firdaria and that it's a good book also.
Yes, it's an excellent book.
Have you read anything by Robert Zoller? His name seems to be coming up alot too as I continue my research on ancient techniques.
I've never actually read any of his work, except online, but you're right he is a foremost authority on ancient techniques and principles.
Thanks for giving me the information regarding my moon sub-period, wasn't aware of this and it's interesting also in that my partner has been ill and has needed a lot of that caring and looking after. He's on the mend now so things are changing and looking up!
Oh that's great Mia! Interestingly, the Moon rules your 12th house, which is your partner's 6th house of sickness, so it fits very well doesn't it?
When you talked about my moon sub period Pete, you said I had been passing through this since Nov 2004 and that this will last until June '06 when I enter the Jupiter period. You also mention later in your post,' next April when Jupiter takes over'. Did you mean that the moon sub-period will last until June '06 although the main firdaria changes to Jupiter in April?
No that was a mistake on my part, sorry Mia. I meant June for the Jupiter takeover.
Many thanks
Welcome...
==
Pete

Firdaria

Hi Pete
Again, thanks for replying to my questions. I think the idea of thinking in terms of matter and form as you say 'to get the essential flavour' of the firdaria is a useful one. I've been wondering; as I'm going to be moving through the Jupiter period from next year, does this mean that together with all those nice things you mentioned, there could be a tendency to go 'over the top' you know, being over optimistic etc - in a very Jupiterian way or is it just about the general 'feel' of the period? I do have Solar Fire but did not realise that it had firdaria on it! I haven't been using it properly but I will now though.
I've noticed that on the chart for next year, when the firdaria changes and up until March 2008, there does not appear to be a sub-period and then in 2008 the sub period is mars. Does this mean that the initial two year period does not have a sub-period? I've been looking at my families' charts too and it is so interesting isn't it as was what you said about my 12th house being my partner's house of sickness and yes, it does fit very well. I suppose it shows that things are unfolding as they should or is that being too fatalistic? I find it hard to decide where I stand on that one!
Kind regards
Mia

Dashas according to sepharial

Sepharial speaking about the planetary periods:

As the general effects of the horoscope is derived from the configurations and conditions of all the planets, taken as significators for the whole life, so, in judging of the effects of any period of the life, attention must be paid to the condition ( by position and configuration) of the planet ruling that period as determined by the calculation called Kalachakradashaphalakathna, i.e, the dividing of time (the life-period) into its periodical effects.

Sub-periods
These are considered in relation to the general effects due to the planets governing the period in which they fall, and they are subsidiary to the fortunes promised by the period planet. [...] Then, if the period planet shows good effects, it does so from its position and aspects at birth, and an evil sub-period planet cannot counteract its effect wholly, but some good will remain behind. The result is similar when, mutatis mutandis, the Period planet is evil and the Sub-period Planet is good. But when both agree in nature and point to the same end, then the effects are forcible and decided, either for good or evil, as the case may be.

Rules to judge of planetary periods

I - Consider well the positions and affections of the period planet, for even a good planet will not bear good fruit during its period if it be ill affected by sign or position, or afflicted by the majority of planets

II - The sub period planet must be considered in the same way as the period planet, but in addition thereto its relations with the period planet must be taken carefully into account; for though the planets have a natural enmity and friendship existing between them, and due to their respective natures, yet when the sub period planet is in good aspect to the period planet it will produce good, even though these planets be natural enemies. Similarly, friendly and benefic planets will not produce good fruits if weak or afflicted, or themselves afflicting (by position) the period planet to which they are related.

III - the effects of the ruling planets are intensified at such time as the Sun may be passing throught the signs occupied by them or the signs over which they rule [Hindu Sideral signs]

[...]

V - The general effects of the planets thus related must be taken into account, and their natural relations, as well as their temporary relations in the horoscope, must be well considered. Thus, saturn and sun, although natural enemies by sign and exaltation, may be respectively in Libra and Leo, in which case they are in temporary good relations, occupying the third and eleventh signs respectively from one another. Judgemente is made accordingly, but it is to be understood that a temporary friendship will not entirely overcome a radical and constitutional enmity.

VI - The effects will further have relation to the nature of the house corresponding to the sign occupied by the sub-planet, in the period under consideration. Thus if the period be that of Sun and the sub-period be that of Venus, and Venus be in the sign Aquarius, the effects will fall out in relation to the eleventh house affairs; if Venus be in Libra, then seventh house affairs will be affected.

VII - The sign, counted from the rising sign, will give a further element of interpretation. Thus, if, in the sub-period of any planet, that planet occupies Leo, and Scorpio be rising, the effects will fall on the tenth house affairs.

VIII - The number of the signs counted from the period to the sub-period planet will give the house corresponding thereto, over which the effects will hold sway. Thus: Sun in Virgo and Venus as sub-period planet in Scorpio will show the third house affairs to be affected.

IX - The houses in the horoscope ruled by the planet whose period, sub period, or inter period, is considered must also be regarded as affecting