Job Horary: Between Two Benefics In Fall

Hello - I thought this chart was interesting because the ascendant lord is between two benefics, one being the job. I have never seen a chart where the ascendant lord is between two benefics in fall though and am curious to follow the outcome and share for possible learning purposes.

I applied for a dream job I didn't have much hope in getting, and was surprisingly offered an interview. I asked the question of whether I had a chance at the job in part because the interview process is very taxing on my time and anxiety levels, and I didn't want to waste my time. Overall, I think the chart suggests I have a chance but that the competition might have the upper hand because the 10th lord is in fall and disposited by the 7th lord. It seems damaged and held up in the 7th house. At first glance the ascendant lord as Moon between two benefics looks promising but when benefics are ill dignified you start to wonder how much they are capable to do good. I decided to try for the interview and give it a shot, since the chart is not entirely bad. I previously applied for a different position at the same site but turned down an interview because the position was not what I wanted. That may be Mars rx in the 10th (it was a leadership position). It may be arguable that the job opportunity itself is not great given the condition of the 10th lord, but even if that were true, it would be the kind of experience I could use for other ideal jobs. Many astrologers regard Neptune as a malefic also and it is on the MC, which is interesting. It could just be that it is highlighting some mystery around the position itself, which is true. Also, it could be showing that I idealize the job. It could also even point to being taken advantage of or victimized, in the worst case scenario, especially given the ascendant lord opp Neptune. This would be hard to imagine since I don't think in my life anyone has ever been able to truly trick me at anything.

As often happens, I tend to get the best job opportunities when Mercury is rx for some reason. I will update the final outcome later.

Hello Tanit,
You have enough experience and skills to analyze your question but sometimes an outside point of view can be helpful.

The MoonL1 in Virgo, mutable, earthy, accidentally dignified and Mercury ruled tells me that you have a pragmatic approach to this job and that you will put practical considerations before your emotional needs. And this may include family matters or family obligations which may come forward (Angular).
The Moon between Sun and Venus both debilitated shows a desire of social or emotional approval in your choice which may be lacking here because of the conditions of Venus and the Sun (conjunct benefic Spica), This will not hurt the matter and you will fall back on your feet. Be natural during the interview and do not try to embellish the reality.
Neptune on the MC I agree with you may not hurt you but there are aspects of the job or the position that need to clarified.

You have a benefic trine between the MoonL1 and JupiterL10 but Moon is in the Detriment of Jupiter and Jupiter is in the Detriment of Moon. Not sure the opportunity will meet your standards.
Moon will last trine Saturn in 7th, as you mention this could be an opportunity to add up to your resume or to build solid business relationships which might be useful on the long term.

Thank you for sharing your question, good luck and please keep us updated.

Ouranos
Blessings!

L1 Moon is dignified by triplicity and angular, telling me you are qualified for the job and capable of getting it. You and job have a trine. A trine doesn't require reception to work out. L10 Jupiter receives Moon by term anyway, and is in her own term, too. The interview won't be in vain. Something should work out.

But then I would have to explain why the job is in the 7th house and conjunct Lord 7. The only reason I can imagine is you will end up not wanting it, or leave after a while. There are too many signs for me to think the job will turn out to be a fairytale:

1) angular malefics & angular weak planets. Sun is in fall in the 4th house. Mars is retrograde in the 10th (close the cusp of 2nd of 10th). Saturn is in the 7th;
2) Moon's dispositor (also Venus' ruler) Mercury is in a sign of Moon's fall, retrograde, peregrine;
3) Moon opposite MC.

Glad to be learning from and with you.

EDIT: I just realised this is an open case. Got silly and thought the outcome was already known. Good luck, Tanit!

Amelia

Re: Job Horary: Between Two Benefics In Fall

This is what I see so far:

The querent = The Moon in Virgo (triplicity). Conjunct IC (strong) but out of sect.
The quesited = Jupiter in Capricorn (term and fall). Out of sect.

7th house competitor = Saturn in Capricorn. Domicile and in angle, accidentally strong but out of sect.
12th house competitor = Mercury retro in Scorpio. Peregrine and not strongly placed.

Since you already have a job but decided to try for another job (as your next job), I wondered whether to use Mars rx as your significator of the next job or not. Your explanation below is convincing, so I’ll demote Mars to co-ruler. This might be why Jupiter is out of sect in 7th house (10th from radix 10th)... Amelia, just kidding.
Tanit3333 wrote: I previously applied for a different position at the same site but turned down an interview because the position was not what I wanted. That may be Mars rx in the 10th (it was a leadership position).
Mercury, your 12th house person, might be someone who works in the same department because Mercury is in Mars sign (Mars is co ruler of 10th) -- if not, then someone who has a good connection to the department. Possibly they already offered the job to that person, but something happened, and that person didn’t get the job. Here Mercury and Mars are both retrograde.

The Moon will be trying to reach Jupiter. Though trine, the Moon is in Virgo, the job might not favor the querent.

By the way, could it be possible that the Moon has already taken the light of Mercury and will apply it to Jupiter? But somehow this doesn’t make a sense . . . why should querent be the go-between for Mercury and Jupiter? The Moon disposes to Mercury -- I wonder if this could be the worst-case scenario you’ve mentioned about Neptune:
Tanit3333 wrote: It could also even point to being taken advantage of or victimized, in the worst case scenario, especially given the ascendant lord opp Neptune.
Perhaps Mercury and the department might get together again (retrograde) and make a deal.

In this chart the Moon will apply first to Neptune rx and to Jupiter. Neptune in Pisces at MC: this job interview could be secretive and deceptive and make it hard to predict what will be the outcome, and if Jupiter rejects the Moon (Jupiter is detriment in Virgo) then Jupiter will give the job to Saturn (or to Mercury?).

Update: I got more info on the job and decided to turn it down. It lacked the stability I feel I need right now and I don't think I would be able to work at this job while working at my current job. It was agonizing for me to decide this but I was having terrible anxiety at the thought of accepting this job and had an emotional breakdown and mental war with myself of sorts before I decided it was not best. I was fighting between my ideals and financial security issues. I think Moon in Virgo describes me well - I was dealing with an emotional decision with logic. It was very hard though for me to decide. I asked for a lot of information up front that was helpful for my decision.

I think you all picked up well on the main issues of the situation- it not fitting my standards, walking away from the opportunity, etc.

Darn rx planets and benefics in fall!

Ouranos - thanks for reminding me that I often forget the PoF. The biggest issue I had with the job was that it was basically like a temp position. They could lay you off at any time without warning for any reason, basically. Since I am planning to buy a home and I also do not like uncertainty (hence my obsession with predicting the future!), I didn't think it was a good fit. Part of me regrets not taking a leap because it might have been good for my career in the end but hopefully something more reliable comes along instead. I think the most significant aspect was Moon opp Neptune on the MC. This is a very unstable and unpredictable influence and were this a transit to a natal chart regarding a job change, the astrologer would warn about such a change being a likely bad choice. I don't think the job itself is bad and the two benefics could be suggesting going from one good situation to another but with some negatives due to planets being in fall. I would argue that the fact that the Moon is applying to the greater benefic means the job might have been a better fit for me than my current role, but again I cannot get over the lack of stability and the underlying themes of Neptune that are on point here.