Hurricane Katrina, (& now Gustav)

Hello all,

I'm sure many of you have been following the hurricane Katrina story, and have probably cast charts to see if the damage to New Orleans and surrounding areas is as bad as predicted by the scientists. I would be interested to know what the astrology says, and since I am new to horary and mundane astrology, how would one go about making an accurate prediction as to the amount of destruction this hurricane will cause? Would one ask a horary question, such as, "will the city of New Orleans be destroyed by a flood?"
I look forward to hearing what all of you astrologers interested in this event have to say, and if any of you on this forum could possibly be effected, or have friends, family members, etc.. who may be victims of this attack, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Warmly, Peter

Well I think the fact that the moon is not full or new but in between was certainly a help to Nawlins. An event chart for the time of landfall would probably be the best chart to cast for this type of thing, anyone have the time of landfall for katrina upon New Orleans?

Granny

granny_skot wrote:Well I think the fact that the moon is not full or new but in between was certainly a help to Nawlins. An event chart for the time of landfall would probably be the best chart to cast for this type of thing, anyone have the time of landfall for katrina upon New Orleans?

Granny
Hi. I wrote this down from the news this morning. Time of landfall:

Aug 29
6:10 a.m.
New Orleans

if that time is correct that gives REGULUS rising!

the ruler of the 6th house is Saturn in detriment in the 12th, though the 12th is where saturn rules...

Ruler of the 8th is Jupiter in the 2nd,

Sun and Mercury in mutual reception,

Moon in her own sign of Cancer and just past sextile with sun, Trine Uranus (who is opposed to the sun) in Pisces...

Spica on third house cusp... is this a fixed star chart or?

Hot Damn! Algol on the MC... Where is Madam Brady when we need her?

Granny!
Last edited by granny_skot on Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

okay went to fixed star list I like and pulled this info, the site is at :

http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

Caput Algol * The Gorgon's Head Strangulation, beheading, danger to throat and neck, murder, violence, the "Evil One" 26? Taurus 10 Very Unfortunate activated by Saturn

moon is at 8 Cancer but since it moves quick I added the stars its crossing.

Alhena Almeisan, the shining one, Acute sensitivity, creative imagination, artistic skills, writing, injuries to feet 9? Cancer 06 Fortunate activated by Mercury/ Venus/ Jupiter

Alzirr Hunting, besieging towns, the revenge of princes, trouble, disgrace, sickness, loss of fortune, affliction, danger to knees 11? Cancer 13 Unfortunate activated by Mercury/ Venus/ Jupiter

Regulus * Lion's Heart The most Royal Star. Raphael, the Healing Archangel, the Watcher of the North. Nobility, ambition, alertness, great power, status, leadership, sudden downfall, accidents, violence 29? Leo 53 Fortunate activated by Mars/ Jupiter/ Uranus

Spica * Wealth, fame, honour, glamour, the "Fortunate One" 23? Libra 50 Very Fortunate activated by Venus/ Mars

wonder what the birth chart for New Orleans looks like?

Granny Skot ~

That was the time given on American news yesterday morning of Hurricane Katrina touching down on New Orleans. I wrote it down immediately. The fixed stars seem quite fitting.

Here is the date of the incorporation of the City of New Orleans according to "Horoscopes of the US States and Cities" by Carolyn Dodson:

Feb 17, 1805
12:00 pm
New Orleans
Gemini rising

From the same book, here is the date of the incorporation of the State of Louisiana:

July 6, 1817
12:00 pm
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

(I don't know if anyone here uses asteroids or not, but just in case Asteroid Flood is 4220).

Edit: I've seen a few different dates for New Orleans on different sites. For some reason I haven't been able to access any historial sites on the net for New Orleans. The pages are unavailable.
Last edited by Michelle on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

wonder what the birth chart for New Orleans looks like?
Sun, Saturn, North Node, Uranus in Libra. Mercury/Venus conjunction in Scorpio...

Haven't yet had time to look as only just managed to find decent data. Most sources quote February 1718. However, being a nosy person, and insisting on looking further, I have October 1st 1717. Building actually began February 1718, but the 1717 date appears to be the first transaction recognising it.

Source below in case anyone thinks I made it up :D

Kim

--------------------------------------
When was New Orleans founded? Most reference books give the date 1718. It is only in recent years that there is found, here and there, someone who maintains that New Orleans was founded in 1717. These protesters apparently rely chiefly on statements which appear in the work of Baron Marc Villiers du Terrage on the founding of New Orleans. This author says ( Dawson translation, Louisiana Historical Society Quarterly, vol. 3, 1920), 'So the date for the foundation of New Orleans may be fixed at pleasure anywhere between the spring of 1717 and the month of June, 1722 . . .' The date 1717 is suggested because on October 1st of that year the Marine Board, in co-operation with the Company of the West, appointed in Paris a cashier for the counter which was to be established at New Orleans, on the St. Louis (Mississippi) River. It is to be noted that even as late as April 14, 1718, no site had been selected for the contemplated town which was to be known as New Orleans ( Louisiana Historical Quarterly, vol. 15, 1932, pp. 37-43, Sally Dart, "'French Incertitude in 1718 as to a Site for New Orleans'"). Some preferred that it should be at Manchac, others favored Biloxi. It is quite certain that no work had been done on the site of New Orleans until 1718. De Villiers concludes that the first construction work was carried out between March 15 and April 15, 1718. It seems wise to accept De Villiers' statement, which is, 'the surest date would appear to be 1718.' If an official act providing for a town yet to be established and located may be considered as constituting a founding date, then, as De Villiers suggests, New Orleans might be said to date from the winter of 1715-16, when Crozat demanded that a post be founded where the city now stands; or even from 1702, in which year M. de Remonville proposed the creation of an establishment 'at the Mississippi Portage.'
New Orleans City Guide. Contributors: Robert Maestri - author. Publisher: Houghton Mifflin. Place of Publication: Boston. Publication Year: 1938. Page Number: 230.

Well the twins would certainly be an appropriate face for that city of angels and demons. New Orleans has long been a city split in its emotional swings.

One face a hot bed of prostitution, drugs, alcohol,and just plain partying

the other face Vodoun, staunch Catholicism and your basic moral guilt trips.

From this seeming schism the heart and soul of Jazz and blues. So if that is an accurate time then yes you can see Gemini as the face of New Orleans. When I asked Pat Taglilatelo at astrodabank she gave me two times:

"You asked about the birth chart of New Orleans. We have 2/17/1805 from the Gary Brand collection; the Carolyn Dodson collection also gives the same--this is the incorporation date, no time.

The city was founded however in February 1718; exact date not known but
likely between 2/9-2/11.

Best regards,
Pat

From Pat Taglilatelo
AstroDatabank Editor"

So the birth of the mysterious city is even rather mysterious!

Granny

granny_skot wrote:Well the twins would certainly be an appropriate face for that city of angels and demons. New Orleans has long been a city split in its emotional swings.

One face a hot bed of prostitution, drugs, alcohol,and just plain partying

the other face Vodoun, staunch Catholicism and your basic moral guilt trips.

So the birth of the mysterious city is even rather mysterious!

Granny
And that just screams Pluto to me.

I wonder if there can be a rectification done for this city?

Tom said, in another post that basically any date that applies will work. Wouldn't any Gemini rising date work in that case? Gemini rising makes sense to me at least.

Michele