Is it the right time to make a move

[
][/img]
The question was will I cope with the move I am about to undertake.
He had decided to buy land get a loan sell his Flat & somehow develop the land to build for himself ,wife & child a detached property where he can live in peace
History of his decision, living in a block of flats besieged by a lodger above who would practice drum rolls to early morning hours. This started late last year when NN was moving through his first house at 18 degrees Gemini at exactly his natal NN in cancer degrees. The lodger was eventually forced out but since another noisy tenant arrived. It is interesting to note that the solar eclipse today is at 19 Gemini the degrees the NN was at when the problems began late last year,
His NN in Cancer ;he felt alien in his own house the nodal energy challenging him to move towards a secure place of his own. My concern with the chart is the ascendant being very close to the lunar eclipse degrees & the question being raised a couple of days before the solar eclipse.
The seller of the land has told him to make his decision within 1 week as other buyers are waiting This I can see by the Mars in Cancer opposite Pluto, however Mars is in the late degrees of Cancer & it seems to be void & in its fall. Jupiter is in its rulership in the third this represents him seeking answers to his future. But the moon as co significator is peregrine on the Pleiades representing tears & moving from place to place once his flat is sold & before his new house is built. Mercury is hidden in the rays of the Sun square Neptune he is not thinking clearly something is obscured & even hidden.
The next day I advised him it is not the right time for such decisions, but he had decided to take the opportunity, against the advice. My question is will the void Mars in Cancer mean that he will not be able to acquire the land ?

JupiterL1 in Rulership shows his preferred status as a buyer in the transaction right now but being in the 3rd and slow with the SN conjunct the ASC ruled by Jupiter, he has little influence on his ability to act properly in the matter.
The Moon (co-ruler) Peregrine, Slow and Waning in the 6th adds up to his status of weakness with little influence.
Moon also conjunct Fixed Star Alcyone, one of the 7 Weeping Sisters in the Pleiades, is of the nature of Moon/Mars as per Ptolemy. George Noonan in his book 'Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology' says it is not a good omen during an Eclipse.
And the Moon's next aspect is a square to Jupiter! He is acting against his own best interest. Both significators Mutable and Cadent in square or How to sabotage a situation you have no control over.
----------------
Moving
The question was 'Is it the right time to move?'
I treated this as a 1/7 questin here and other opinions from Horary experts are welcome here.
Mercury rules the 7th House where he wants to move.
In Rulership, Angular but Retrograde, Combust, in the Bound of Mars and square Neptune. I would say 'Stay where you are for now because there is too much fog ahead of you.
Normally, the Moon applying to MercuryL7 and last aspect would be a Yes (You can always dive into the mud considering the status of Mercury) but the Sun prohibits it because the Moon will conjunct the Sun first, a major stumbling block (Sun ruling the 9th, a lawyer?, someone of different ethnic origin? another buyer more influential?) represents a major obstacle.
On the plus side, Venus in Cancer on the cusp of the 8th in Mutual reception with JupiterL1 shows support in obtaining a loan.
Jupiter in the Exaltation and Bound of Venus and Venus in the Exaltation of Jupiter.
Which also is a statement to stay where he is (JupiterL1). Family would be happier

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

When the Moon separates from a malefic and applies to a benefic, that means the buyer supposedly gets the better deal. However, there is some mixed testimony because the 1st degree of Gemini is not auspicious to purchase and the quality of the property (4th lord) is in bad condition. I would think the significance of Mars in a day chart moving from a water sign to a fire sign is bad because it is already very dry in a day chart and fire exacerbates that whereas water tempers it better. The dry nature can take away gain in financial charts or at least suggest some problems. It could show the land loses value after purchase or leads to a loss somehow. Has there been an inspection of the land to check that building is not a problem and that something isn't wrong with it? Maybe something comes up with that or something else about the property comes to light (hopefully before purchase).

The seller could definitely change their mind. They are Mercury retro and the buyer's 2nd lord is retro too. Contracts taking place during Mercury rx often end up cancelled or somehow altered. If it ends up falling through it might be for the best considering the quality of the 4th house/lord. Mercury is conjunct Sun in the 7th and this does make me wonder about another offer, especially since Mars is moving into the sign of Sun. Mercury being conjunct Sun suggests there is important information the querent is not aware of yet that the seller is keeping from them.

In my opinion the decision of the querent to go is not the wisesest,
because lord 1 has just entered his own house, i.e. the querent is at
home where he is now; and Mercury, lord 7, is, even though he is in his
own house, in combustion and yet still applying to the destroying Sun.

As the Sun is lord of the 9th, he might come under the power of lawyers,
for example, or of some legal matter when he rally moves now.

The querent should revise his decision and stay.

And this the more, as there is no connection (neither direct nor indirect
and neither by aspect nor by conjunction) between his Jupiter or his Moon,
and the seller's Mercury: he will not get the quesited ground he has now
in his mind.

Thanks to everybody for their enlightening & beautiful analysis. It is very enriching reading your astrological interpretations, I will keep posted how this pans out, at the moment a verbal agreement is offered to move forward with the transaction, next stage is to secure loans. I do worry that with all the mutability he is overwhelming himself biting off more than he can chew, I am curious to see if the purchase is not thwarted somehow and in a way would be better for him as he could find a less torturous route than self building a house
on a plot of land.

Yes the Jupiter L1 in its ruler ship Pisces does show where he is at present he feels very happy as he recently invested financially to make his home as he always wished it to be note Venus trine mutual reception but this was completed about 6 /7 months ago Venus moving away from the aspect.

The querent wont probably be very happy if he would revise
his - presumabably wrong - decision, but the difficutlies and
problems he is then confronted with (the Moon is also Lord
of the 8th), are the reason or the price for another new or
deeper connection of him with his hurt family (Chiron at the
IC): the Moon translates the light of his Jupiter to the Mars
of his family.

Zosma, as the time frame the seller gave is over - are there
any news of your querent?

Hi Johannes
As a progress report the querent has made an offer on the land & now he is waiting for the land surveyor/engineer to examine the land if it is suitable for building a house,if there are no underground streams or other contra indicators for such a project to be realized,but so far things are moving forward without a hitch, maybe the Sun L9 that frustrates the moon to connect to mercury could be this land surveyor who may find a problem
I will keep posted as things develop.

The land was bought today the purchase of land went relatively smoothly, he now has the deeds to the land;I think the original question will he cope with his undertaking went off on a tangent about acquiring the land, it seems to me to be an 11th house matter his wishes Mars is badly placed in cancer, in eighth maltreating Pluto in the 2nd strain on marriage due to poor resources Saturn here too retrograde limited resources, the fact that the eclipse took place soon after is not good for the question, Any thoughts ?

Zosma - i always thought a waning Moon is more ideal in a question on a large loan because waning is a decrease in energies. When selling you want an increase in profit so a waxing Moon. However, I did purchase a home with a chart that had a waxing Moon and so far it has $150k equity after 6 months and I bought it during the lowest period for interest rates in many years to the very month. I am a bit on the fence about this and usually see a waxing Moon as a gain for the querent in some way, waning a decrease.

It would depend on the orb allowance you give to the NN. Some would say 15 degrees for an eclipse. This is a lunar eclipse and since the Moon is very important in horary, that does seem troublesome to me but the eclipse is falling on the seller's house. It would be helpful to follow the outcome longterm. If you view it as a stay or go chart, what Johannes was saying about the 1st versus 7th, staying would definitely be the better deal.