Sirius, Calendars and Religion.

Hello Everyone,
I wish not to get into a argument over religion, and my purpose is only trying to get to the bottom of how we value time that effects astrology, so please bear that in mind, in regards to electional astrology that only "May" of taken place.
Our value of 365 days comes from ancient Egyptians and how they calcalated the Year, which was when the great fixed star Sirius rose in paran with the Sun on the Asc. many thousand of years ago in Egypt.
The Roman calendar was hopeless, and Julius Caesar employed a brilliant student from the Library of Alexandria, Sosigenes, to calcalate the exact length of a year.
It would seem that 1st Jan came from Caesar, which made it easier to collect taxes, but whatever the argument 1st Jan become the first day of the New Year, when the Julian calendar was introduced in 0046 B.C.
Obviously Sosigenes was heavily influenced by the skills of the Egyptians but he remained a mathematician, and as far has i can see wasn't influenced by starting the Julian Calendar with any connection to Sirius on an angle in 0046 BC.
Obviously in 0046 BC. the time of mid-night or Noon was the same anywhere in the world because we didnt have time zones, and this was judged when the Sun was either on the M.C. or I.C., so if we looked at the start of the Julian Calendar on 0046BC. on 1st Jan at 00:00 time the MC. is 06*48' Cancer , and the IC. is 06*48' Capricorn, So Sosigenes wasnt influenced by Egyptian beliefs, and didnt start the new calendar with any connection with the Isis star Sirius, as it was half way through Gemini at the time!
When we eventually made the Julian Calender more accurate was in 1582, by Pope Gregory XIII.
There had been arguments that had been going on for centuries over the Julian Calendar, especially in religious circles as calcalations for Easter was becoming difficult as the Julian Calendar was out by 10 Days from the time it was put into place in 0046 BC, in regards to the year 1582, not only that the Equinox's were out as well!
So the big question is WHY WAIT TO 1582 to put it right?
I wish to go no further in this thread other than say please set up a chart for 1st Jan 1583 at time of 00:00 for Rome, Italy, Being the First New Year in the Gregorian Calendar, Where you will find at the stroke of mid-night bringing in the New Year, that Sirius, the Isis Star, is 00:44' of the M.C. by projected fixed stars, which continues to be on the M.C. within a degree at the stroke of the New Year, every year till it eventually fully peters out on New Year 1773!
I wish not to comment on this other than to bring your attention to the fact that Pope Gregory died soon after and the New Pope was Pope Sixtus V who moved an Obelisk to the centre of St Peter's Square in 1586.
I am not making connections, just stating facts, so wish not to enter religious arguments. Our perception of time is regulated by our calendar.
If we today didnt have Time Zones that was brought in because of railways, then the sun would be on the I.C. at every location, so the next city to where you are located would experience New Year a few minutes after or before.
Time is regulated from Greenwich U.K., and usaully you will find time accurate every 15* degrees from 00*00' Greenwich if the time zone is in sink with Longitude.
Actually time is reasonably right a couple of degrees either side of every 15 degrees, so you will find New York is in sink, where at the stroke of midnight on a New Year in our present era, when the Sun is on the I.C., we have Sirius in Paran with the M.C.
So in reality we experience Sirius in Paran with the stroke of Midnight in true time every New Year in this era.

Sirius is conjunct the M.C. by projected fixed stars at the stroke of New Year till 1703, it becomes patchy after this, returning every two years and eventually petering out on 1781 when it is +01*00' off the M.C.
Pope Gregory XIII degreed that the day after October 4th 1582 would be October 15th 1582, thus changing over from the old Julian, to the new Gregorian Calendar plus rectifying the 10 day difference.
Why was October 4th used?
I know many here have Solar Fire V5, which has fixed star parans, so you can check my research.
The last minute of the Julian Calendar was 23:59pm. on Thursday 4th Oct. 1582, Rome, Italy, and at that time you will find Sirius rising at the Asc. by parans, star on angle at moment.
The odds of this happening by chance are impossible.
So Pope Gregory XIII obviously had beliefs connected to Sirius, and was involved in complex electional astrology.
It seems that he wanted to finish the Julian Calendar with Sirius in paran with the Asc. and start the New Year 1583 with Sirius conjunct the M.C. by Projected fixed stars.
The odds i am wrong are slim.....any comments?

Julian v Gregorian Calendar year

I recently did a study into Julius Caesar and the change of calendars. It seems the Julian calendric year of 365.25 was NOT a miscalculation of the Solar Year, but rather the Sothic Year, which because Sirius is off the ecliptic, its annual cycle re heliacal rising is 365.25 -- the accrued differences between the Sothic and Solar year (365.25 -- 365.2422) mandated a change in 1582 AD -- though the Venerable Bede had noted discrepancies between the calendar and seasons as early as the 10th Century.

Hi S G Foxe,
Thanks for the information.
There is another way of looking for electional astrology, the corresponding date before the calendar change is 10 days.
You can check this if you have Solar Fire V5, and tape in 22nd Dec. 1583 (N S), and animate the chart backwards by 1 year at a time.
The Next date will be 22nd Dec. 1582 (N S), yet if you turn back another year it will be 1 Jan 1582. Before 1582 all dates should come up (O S) on Solar Fire which most professionals have on this forum.
Generally i calcalate from Brady's Starlight which is easier, for what i am looking for, being was Sirius on the M.C. every year for a period before 1582?
All astrology programmes act differently, but keep in mind it has to line up with 22 Dec. at time 00:00, Rome, Italy before the change, where you will find Sirius on the M.C. only on some dates, being 1579, 1578, 1575, 1574, 1571, 1570, 1567 1566, 1563, 1562, 1559, 1558, 1555, 1554, 1551, and 1550.
Before this we only find Sirius on the M.C. every 4 years, being 1547, 1543, 1539, 1535, 1531, 1527, 1523, and the First year was 1519.
So before 1582, Sirius was slowly getting in line, but after 1582 we find Sirius on the M.C. every year till 1703, so Pope Gregory changed from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendar exactly within the time frame when Sirius would be on the M.C. FOR EVERY YEAR!

Egyptian Myths are connected to when U.K. adopted Gregorian

The U.K. and dominions, (including U.S.A.) adopted the Gregorian Calender in 1752.
The 2nd Sept. was followed by 14th Sept. 1752.
So i am interested in Saturday 2nd Sept. 1752 at 23:59pm.
The Asc. is 13*04' Cancer at this time for London.
What planet would you want to be conjunct Sirius, if you followed Egyptian beliefs and was involved in electional mundane astrology?
There is only one answer, Jupiter!
Jupiter conjunct Sirius by projected fixed stars +00*14'
Jupiter sits at 10*27' Cancer approx. two and half degrees off Asc.
The Gregorian Calender resumed on Thursday 14th Sept at 00:00am.
For this time you will find Alnilam rising by parans on the Asc., star on angle for moment.
The three big stars in the Belt of Orion are Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka, Alnilam is the middle star.
In Egyptian mythology Orion was the home of Osiris, the Egyptian god who was killed by his brother Set.
While Osiris dwelled in Orion, his sister and wife Isis dwelled in Sirius.

Some times it is hard to keep up with calendar changes, and i must admit to an error, please note that Jupiter wasn't in conjunction with Sirius during the change over from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendar, but Alnilam was in paran with an angle which is significant with England's adoption of the Gregorian in 1752