Hi Justin,

Thanks for that. I'm glad you liked the article. I really enjoyed writing it. There is no specific reason that the problems with Mary weren't discussed at length other than practicalities. There is only so much you can fit into a web article. Elizabeth had a very full and fascinating life and this was just a brief snapshot of who she was astrologically speaking. The same difficulty would apply when trying to write about any of the previous monarchs - what to include and what to leave out. They all seem so fascinating.

Cheers
Sue

Sue wrote:Hi Justin,

Thanks for that. I'm glad you liked the article. I really enjoyed writing it. There is no specific reason that the problems with Mary weren't discussed at length other than practicalities. There is only so much you can fit into a web article. Elizabeth had a very full and fascinating life and this was just a brief snapshot of who she was astrologically speaking. The same difficulty would apply when trying to write about any of the previous monarchs - what to include and what to leave out. They all seem so fascinating.

Cheers
Sue
Thank you for your reply!

You really did a wonderful job, I hope I didn't come off as being too critical...I am a Virgo, however... :p

I guess it's more than appropriate that Mary Stuart was left out...since from what I can tell, every story that's all about Mary, "Queen of Scots" seems to revolve around the struggle between the two, often with Elizabeth playing the 'heel' role. It's almost like before her execution Mary put the word out to every Catholic in Europe to demonize Elizabeth in every history book that Catholics would have any part in writing.

Coming from a long line of Protestants and Catholics...I must say that this does not surprise me. No, I love my Catholic family...they just don't shy away from their joy of revenge, in any way.

I think Mary Stuart's story needs a "nasty" Queen to oppress her, imprison her, and behead her...where as Elizabeth's story does not.

Again, brilliant article. :'
How vain is it to sit down and write, when you have not stood up to live.

Great Article!

In the US, the mini-series The Virgin Queen is airing on PBS' Masterpiece Theatre, in which there is a short scene of John Dee explaining the coronation election chart. Dee is shown explaining the chart, saying thus and such a planet is in this or that house. I wish I could remember all the details, but I was only half watching it. My attention was caught when Dee told Elizabeth that the Moon and Saturn would be in the 12th and the Sun was at the Midheaven!