Where do you get the time from as to the launching of the ship on the 22nd November 1869?

I take it this was chosen for Neptune on the ascendant, or did you find out the actual launch time?

If in doubt it is probably better to use a chart for sunrise, appropriate to beginnings.

I thought that the data for her official opening in the dry dock at Greenwich as a visitor attraction would perhaps be better data to use than the date of her first launch, as her official opening pertains more to her life at the dry dock, than the launch data, which pertains more to her life at sea.

Apparently, the opening ceremony in 1957 was broadcast live by the BBC, so someone, somewhere, must know the time of this event, it must be obtainable somehow. However, I am having trouble even finding the date of this event let alone the time, although I will persevere.

If I can find a date but not a time, I would set a chart with the Sun conjoined the midheaven, appropriate to a ceremonial event concerning a display and involving royalty.

Hi Draco
I used the afternoon, because in the page of cutty Sark (http://www.cuttysark.org.uk/index.cfm?f ... pageId=209 ) said:" On the afternoon of Monday, 22nd November 1869, a beautiful little clipper ship of 963 tons gross was launched at Dumbarton on the River Leven. On that day, she was given a name that was to become renowned throughout the seafaring world."

If you Check the official opening in jun 27, 1957 for the Queen, the SUN conjuntion IC, and more, the New Moon is over IC!!!
You have one hour better?
Kind Regards!!!
Mario
www.siderum.com

Thanks Mario...yes the 'English version' option was there plain enough and yet I didn't see it. :lol:

It makes interesting reading, (I love reading other people's takes on charts) but do you have any idea what time the fire started...even approx?
Thanks, Gina.

Back to say emergency calls were made at 4.45 am.

time of fire

Hi Gina,
I woke up at 6:30 CEST and switched on Sky news. I remember the newscaster saying that a fire had been raging for about an hour already. We're one hour ahead, so make that around 4:30 am BST.

Regards, Sisi