Strength of the Disease: Lilly and Saunders

I found the material I was looking for in both Lilly's Christian Astrology and Saunders' AJP.

William Lilly, CA p. 248:

"When the Lord of the sixth is stronger than the Lord of the Ascendant, the Disease is like to increase, advise the patient to take fit remedies, for nature is weaker than the disease; but if the Lord of the sixth house be more weak than the Lord of the Ascendant, then be assured nature will be able to overcome the malignity of the Disease, without much assistance of the Physician. . ."

Richard Saunders, AJP vol. 2 p. 39:

"When the Lord of the 6th is stronger than the Lord of the Ascendant, then is the Disease stonger than Nature is able to resist, and the Disease doth increase. . . If the Lord of the 6th be weaker than the Lord of the Ascendant, then it is a sign that Nature is stronger than the Disease, and will quicky expel the Distemper.

If the Lord of the sixth be in his exaltation, or strong, or where he hath any Dignities, it signifieth the Disease is strong.

If he be coming to any Dignity the Disease will increase; if he be falling from his Dignity, the Disease will fall and decrease."

I hope this helps.

Warmly,

Pam
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"