Clearer translation of Morin's "Cabal...

Hi Everyone,

I was just looking at Morin's "Cabal of the 12 astrological houses" available through a website on the links page of this site. It looks like a very worthwhile treatise to read, in the sense of deepening one's understanding of the houses. However, it is not written in contemporary English. I am pretty tired right now, so perhaps I being lazy (for authors' like Shakespeare pose no difficulty for me), but I am wondering if there is a clearer translation. Or am I just being to lazy, and should wait until I"m more alert after a good night's rest?!
I would love any and all suggestions. Perhaps I am the only one who is having difficulty with the available text, so feel free to just tell me to give it another shot when I'm more awake and more patient.
I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Respectfully, Peter

To my knowledge this is the only English translation of the Cabal. Part of the problem is that it is a 17th century English translation, and the other part is that the original is in the popular Latin style of the 17th century, i.e., long complex sentences. In order to make it easier for a contemporary reader, some liberties would probably have to be taken with the text that might distort the author's intent.

Under the best circumstances Morin is difficult not so much because of his syntax, but because he demands thought. I've found that reading him with a pencil and pad handy to dissect his statements can be a good way to go.

Tom