Ken Gillman article

Last night I read Ken Gillman?s article on the recently updated home page of this site and found it highly informative. I have just read it again, finding some very valuable information on mundane astrology. I found this article very timely given the recent discussions on mundane astrology in this forum.

One of the most interesting things is his demonstration of the value of ingress charts in determining whether a nation will suffer any catastrophes during the period determined by the ingress. He says that tradition shows that the ingress is all a mundane astrologer needs to accurately predict major events in the nation and proceeds to demonstrate this claim by way of a series of bombings (including the 2005 London attack) and some catastrophic floods in the United States. I have done a little work on ingress charts but haven?t looked at them as closely as I would have liked. However, Ken gives ample evidence that stand alone charts have much to offer in the way of prediction and understanding of events that occur. He sometimes uses not only ingress charts but also new moon charts as well as eclipse charts. Lilly was known to have used eclipse charts to determine future events. That is, he would draw up charts for the exact time of the eclipse and use this chart to identify potential problems. I have been meaning to chase up his writings on this but have yet to do this.

I had a bit of a retrospective look at the Bali Bombing of 2002 where the loss of life was high for Australians. I looked at the Aries ingress chart that year and noted that Pluto was forteen minutes from the MC, conjunct the South Node at an orb of about four degrees (which may be a little wide) and opposite the Moon on the IC. Uranus was unaspected in the 12th house. Mercury, ruler of the 7th house of open enemies, was conjunct the ascendant. I doubt very much whether I could have predicted something like this but examining this in retrospect is a good way to learn. Having followed the charts and delineations that are included in this article I found it particularly useful and appreciate its inclusion on this site.