Eclipse 29 March and maybe earthquake 4th april

Solar Eclipse of 29 March is very close, anyone has any guesses ?

I think there will be some sort of earthquake or natural disaster so dearly to eclispes, as tradition tell us. Last great earthquake was just a few days after the 3 october in Pakistan or apheganistan, sorry, the memory is weak nowadays.

I believe the hot spot will be 4th april, in the "window of opportunity", but with moon out of bounds and saturn going direct.

Any hypothesis ?

Yuzuru

Eclipse

Hy Yuzuru,according to William Lilly,Eclipses in the first decan of Aries are related with movement of Armies too.If we took a look into the Solar Aries ingress chart of Turkey to 1923(year of proclamation of republic),M.C. of ingress chart was at 23 Gemini 42.Planet Mars,domicilar lord of Eclipse will be conjunct M.C. of this chart.Maybe will be some political fight against Turkey government or an attack against rulers.Mars, is located in house 8 of the ingress chart to 1923,afllicting Moon.Ingress chart to 2006 shows Mars in house 8 again aspecting the Moon ,people injured by natural disasters (earthquake) or fire disasters(Mars).
All the best
Gerson Pelafsky
"Life is a gift,enjoy"

The way that Lilly used eclipses was that he would draw up a chart for the exact time of the eclipse and read it in the same way he would read any other chart. He warned that a conjunction of the Sun and Moon in the sign of Aries would bring difficulties between friends, often followed by death, war and controversy. He then points out that England is ruled by Aries so any eclipse in that sign is bound to influence that country.

Today astrologers tend to look at all sorts of other things, one of the most important being the eclipse path located on a map. I had a look at the upcoming eclipse that takes place in 8? Aries 35' (the antiscia of my natal Moon). It starts off in Brazil and ends up around Mongolia, passing through much of northern Africa and Europe. According to eclipse interpretation, activity will quite possibly occur in a place that the eclipse passes over. Another important factor would be to look at the charts of the countries affected by this. I had a quick look and the one that came closest was Russia. The 1990 chart in Nick Campion's book of world charts has Mars at 8?Aries 49', which is only 14' from the eclipse point

The day before the eclipse, the Moon is at perigee at 21? Pisces and on 9th April the Moon will be at its apogee at 4? Virgo.

This eclipse might prove to be an interesting test of the 1762 chart for the USA. The grand conjunction that preceded American Independence was March 18, 1762, 4:41 pm GMT. Set it for Washington DC, although Washington DC didnot exist in 1762.

If we set the eclipse chart (March 29, 2006, 5:15 am EST) for Washington DC we note the following "hits:"

The ASC of the eclipse chart, 18 Pisces 58 is tightly conjunct the MC of the 1762 chart (18 Pisces 29).

The antiscion of the 1762 conjunction falls on the DSC of the eclipse chart.

Mars, lord of the eclipse is on 21 Gemini conjunct the 4th house cusp and on the antiscion of the 1762 conjunction ASC.

The emphqasis on the 1st and 7th houses (open enemies) prompted me to look at the chart of Iran. Actually Nicholas Campion lists three charts for Iran. The eclipse falls on the Moon of the Khomeni Chart (Campion's description) of 1 Feb 1979 9:33 IRT - 3:30 - Tehran, Iran. The ASC on this chart is 4 Aries only a few degrees shy of the eciplse point. The Moon rules the IC of the Khomeni chart, the land.

The eclipse point is within three degrees of the 9th house Sun of this chart as well.

Note to outer planet fans: The eclipse falls precisely (8 minute orb) on the 1762 Conjunction Uranus, and Pluto is not onluy close to the MC of the eclipse chart, but near the antision of its own position in 1762.

There may be more here, but the common thread seems to be antiscion and its meaning of "shadow" or behind the scenes workings. This could mean a surprise military attack on Iran, but more work would have to be done to support that.

One other bit of antiscion intrigues me. The antiscion of G W Bush's Moon falls on the eclipse Mercury. This may be worth looking at as well.

Lots of things to consider here.

Tom

Hi all

I have a particular interest in Eclipses as my first astrology teacher was the late, great Derek Appleby who, along with Maurice McCann wrote a book on Eclipses. ISBN 0-85030-481-4

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I have now written a 40 page downloadable e-book on the eclipse of Mar 29th, 2006 in which I have borne all my teachings from Derek in mind. I have used Lilly's method of judgement as well as more modern techniques including ACG maps to delineate this upcoming event.

You can see a preview of the book at www.lulu.com/futurology

I will also send a copy of it to Deborah and the team - and thanks for such a wonderful astrology site.

For those of you interested in looking into this and future eclipses from the purely traditional perspective, Derek and Maurices book is a must have for your shelves.
x
PS I also love the Dennis Elwell interview on this site

Hi Sue and all,

Sue, you said:
He warned that a conjunction of the Sun and Moon in the sign of Aries would bring difficulties between friends, often followed by death, war and controversy. He then points out that England is ruled by Aries so any eclipse in that sign is bound to influence that country.
I was chilled when I read this, I have been rather worried about where this eclipse falls in the UK chart today.

I am worried about this eclipse and the effects it may have on my country. Eclipses have long been associated with turmoil and disaster in mundane astrology. Using the 1801 chart for the UK, I have noticed that this eclipse will fall right upon the UK Descendant, and so it is given prominence and power of effect by it's conjunction with an angle. I was having a think about what the possible consequences of this might be earlier today.

The DC is the place of open enemies. Since the London bombings of July last year, the British have become very aware of who our enemies are. After 911, we always wondered when we were going to be targeted, it would happen sometime, we just didn't know when. After 911, I would say that the Islamic terrorists were a 12th house issue, they were hidden, unknown enemies for we hadn't yet been struck. After the London underground bombs, these enemies are so much more obvious to us, we are aware that they are walking among us, and could strike anywhere at anytime - they are the open enemies, and are very prominent in the British psyche today. This is why I am so worried about this eclipse upon the DC of the UK chart.

Also, in that the DC is open enemies, then it would seem an obvious association with Iraq, which again makes me fear what this eclipse on the UK DC may hearld, given our eager involvement in the Iraq war.

The DC is also partnerships, alligences and bonds. This is why I worry about the UK's alligence with the US with the eclipse occuring here in the UK chart.

So the DC in the chart of the UK would seem to indicate it's alligence and partnership with the US, the Iraq war and terrorism. The eclipse occuring here makes me fear what the effects of the UK's relationship with the US will become, and what the consequences of our involvement with the war will be.

'Descendant' means 'going down'. Is the UK to be 'brought down' by this eclipse?

Also of interest with this eclipse in the UK chart, is the Cardinal square which is formed by the eclipse onto the natal Sun in Capricorn, itself conjunct the IC. This aspect is powerful, as both the eclipse and the UK's Sun are prominent through conjunction with the angles. I would imagine that the effects of this formation should come out strongly, and will be very prominent and obvious, possibly shocking.

I can see this eclipse wounding the UK at the very core.

What do you think may be indicated by the eclipse upon the DC of the UK's chart?

Draco :wink:

Hi all,

The last time, to my knowledge that British people were involved in a tragedy involving a boat capsizing, (as opposed to sinking) was in 1987 when 200 died in the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster. As many of us know, Dennis Elwell had been warning shipping companies about the possibility of problems at sea that year due to the Jupiter /Neptune sq and the eclipse on Mar 29th 1987 at 8 Aries.

Today news reaches us of a ship capsizing with british nationals onboard 1 mile off Manama, Bahrain days after the Mar 29th eclipse - the first one since 1987 to also occur at 8 Aries and also with Jupiter in orb of sq to Neptune.

Problems at sea were also indicated by the eclipse Mercury/Uranus conjunction in Pisces and Jupiter/Neptune square but we don't get a capsizing on every square. This leads me to surmise that when an eclipse affects a national chart, the citizens of that country may get caught up in events that the eclipse chart signifies i.e 8 Aries must in someway be connected to British people being involved with shipping disasters when a Jupiter/Neptune square is operative - due to 7 Aries being the desc of the UK union 1801 chart or the Sun at 7 Aries in the 1649 England republic chart.

Clearly this is not a revelatory thought as we know this eclipse can be judged to affect the UK in someway but there is a synchronicity here between 1987 that is worthy of further investigation.

It also leads me to think that British people may well be caught up in other events of a Jupiter/Neptune nature during the potency of this eclipse.

I just want to add to my last post that I now recall the Estonian disaster when a ferry ship capsized and sank. It was mainly full of Estonian and Swedish nationals but, so far I cannot find a record of any British victims although nationality matters not a jot - this was a terrible human tragedy.

Jupiter and Neptune were in sextile aspect but what I did notice is that the the south node of yesterday's event in Bahrain is conjoning the Sun in this chart from 1994.

I will look to see if any eclipse impacted the Swedish or Estonian national chart in 1994.

Yuzuru & Futurist

I have also been taking a look at the previous eclipses at 8 aries and Futurist is right; there does seem to be a theme of things happening to Uk people overseas or to countries where UK a partner. In 1987 there was also a bombing at a Uk base in Germany.

Just from the BBC archives site in 1968 ( the previous 8 aries eclipse) the focus seems to have been on US where they had race riots following MLK shooting, ( although of course that may have dominated the news and a proper search of actual newpapers that time may well reveal UK nationals elsewhere affected by events).

[I have just realised that the US race theme is picked up in a very strange way - with Condaleeza Rice now visiting the Uk. CR's position demonstrates US race situation has clearly come a long way since 1968, but hurricane Katrina showed that there are still unresolved issues (the lunations have all been at close to this degree over the last 6 months).]

In 1968 there was also a ferry disaster - in New Zealand- although no direct UK connection in that case- it does suggest a pattern.

As for the earthquakes: Yuzuru you were right; Iran has had one. Incidentally, the eclipse was on the Iranian 9th house cusp and a couple of degrees away from its natal sun and prog mercury. It is also qunincunx the iranian saturn at 8 virgo (as well as the prog asc). Fortunately though, at this stage, it appears to be relatively minor by previous Iran earthquake standards.

Hi all,
'Descendant' means 'going down'. Is the UK to be 'brought down' by this eclipse?
Interesting then, that there is a possible connection between the eclipse on the UK Descendant and the sinking of a ship, with many UK citizens aboard.

I was thinking however, that the eclipse might effect the entire nation in some way. It would be interesting to see how the natal charts of those UK citizens who died in this disaster may correlate with the eclipse.

I don't feel good about the relations between the UK and those nations which experienced the eclipse in it's fullness.

Draco.