Decumbiture timing

I've been reading this site for months, and want to say how impressed I am with the members and their depth of knowledge.

I have a question about timing of decumbiture. I've had ongoing medical problems since 3.29.06. I'm getting professional medical testing, etc- not relying on this post to get medical advice- but I've been looking at the various charts that might have been drawn for the day, and need some timing advice. I think Culpepper would have timed the event for when the symptoms were bad enough to seriously take notice, while Lilly would have perhaps timed it for being serious enough to make me lie down and rest. Here are my options as I see them, and hope I can get some input on which might be the most proper chart to pursue.

The place is Jacksonville FL USA, 3.29.06. And the times as I see them are:

1:30pm - when I felt very sick and left work with only a couple of minutes notice to my manager, with the thought that I would go home and call my doctor for adivce.
2:30pm - when I called my doctor from home and was told to go to the hospital
3:30pm - when the hospital paperwork was filled out
7:30pm - when the hospital lab testing actually started
12:45am the morning of 3.30.06 when I arrived home from the hospital, being told to go home and rest and follow up with my regular doctor.

I apologize for the abundance of possibilities but wanted some educated input. I lean toward the first time listed, as I've rarely been sick over the years, and for me to leave work was a major thing. But some of the other choices have their logic.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks- Alan

Hi Alan,

I would say the first time too. In the decumbiture series by Dylan Warren Davis, the first article is mainly about defining the moment of the decumbiture. In this he quotes William Lilly:
we ought carefully to take the exact time of the party's first falling sick, viz, the hour as near as can be had, not that moment when first the Patient felt a smatch of it but that very time when first he was so ill, or so extremely oppressed that he was enforced to take his Bed, or to repose. (CA, p.243)
I don?t think the act of going to bed is necessary because Lilly says ?or to repose?, which is to take a rest from what you are doing. You were forced to quit work even though you knew it would be inconvenient to your manager ? something you describe as a ?major thing? so hardly a ?smatch? of feeling unwell.

Dylan?s article, BTW, is at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/decumbiture1.html

I hope it?s nothing serious.
Deb

Deb-

Thank you for the reply. I'll investigate along the lines of the first time mentioned. And thank you for the good thoughts. I'm hoping all turns out okay as well.

Thanks- Alan