The flaw in statistics

is that the questions are designed to get the answers you want to hear, the more skilled the querant, the better your odds of getting the results you want. Having said that, numbers dont lie, they tell you exactly the answer to the question you asked. as they are designed to do.

Numbers are symbols generally derrived from astrolgy, which required a language to describe its heavenly dance, hence the birth of numbers, and geometry and Triganometry and eventually Calculus. (one needed numbers to figure out how long till the next full moon)

Ergo it is not statistics that are wrong, but the statisticians. ;-)

that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Granny

My take is that we have numbers because we have hands and feet. Our fingers give us the digits we need. Our toes teach us the combinatorial logic of putting digits beside each other - once we have that we have the integers. Funny how for so long nobody noticed this - it's a real surprise we ever got civilized. Then it was just the case of putting these numbers beside each other according to different systems of rules...

LOL, 10 based math is fairly new, note other maths, like roman are based on other units, like 12, or 2 or 28 or 30, depending on who is doing the math. so while 10 based math is certainly more logical to a species that has 10 digits to count on, since that isn't the base of early counting systems you can be fairly certain that isn't what started numeral counting.

Granny