Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Should the Moon be Left Untouched by Man?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the moon so sacred, that it should be left undefiled by man?
Yes
40%
 40% 
No
30%
 30% 
Probably
10%
 10% 
Probably not
10%
 10% 
Don't know
10%
 10% 
Don't care
0%
 0% 

Draco

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Should the Moon be Left Untouched by Man? Reply with quote

Hi all,

There is many a persuasive theory, that the Moon landings of 1969 were in fact faked. Personally, I sincerely hope so. To me, the Moon is absolutely sacred, and I think that it is an awful defilement for it to be walked all over. It ought to be left well alone.

As astrologers, what is your take on this?

Draco Wink
Coder

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Alice Bailey on this - the Moon is dead. So don't live in the past - any past, personal, social, racial, human, planetary.

And please, Other Half of the Human Race, stop mythologizing the biological connection. Menstruation is a recondite form of excretion, just like weeping. You don't mythologize the latter two, do you? So why make a fetish of the Moon.

Bear in mind, too, the astronomical fact that the Moon is gradually but inexhorably getting further away from the Earth, so it's influence will necessarily weaken. It is only happenstance that at present it is the same apparent size in the sky as the Sun, and can cause its extinction during eclipses. In the future the Moon will get smaller, and the power of the Angel in the Sun will shine forth in glory.
Draco

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Coder,

The Moon is not dead. Not only in that it was never alive in the first place, but because it is infused with divinity. This sounds pantheistic, well, so be it, then I'm a pantheist.

It's just that I feel that it's sacrelige of the highest possible order imaginable to trample all over or to rob Luna. I can't see how knowing what the rocks on the Moon are composed of, or how much it weights is of any relevance to our lives, but knowing how this most bosom of the planets or any of the wandering or fixed stars appear to be behaving in the sky from our perspective down here most certainly is.

We get ignorant, foolish skeptics who are supposed to be intelligent saying things like 'Venus is supposed to represent things like sweetness and beauty to these stupid astrologers...ha ha...that's because in times of old they were so stupid that they didn't even realise that Venus is covered in constantly active, enormous volcanoes and it rains sulphuric acid'. So what? That makes absolutely no difference what so ever, because from our perspective from here on earth, Venus is sweet and beautiful, and that's all that matters, that is all we are meant to know about her.

Quote:
Bear in mind, too, the astronomical fact that the Moon is gradually but inexhorably getting further away from the Earth, so it's influence will necessarily weaken. It is only happenstance that at present it is the same apparent size in the sky as the Sun, and can cause its extinction during eclipses. In the future the Moon will get smaller, and the power of the Angel in the Sun will shine forth in glory.

The Sun and Moon have been two discs of exactly the same size from our perspective here on Earth since time immemorial, and as they are now. If such a time was to come that the Moon should disengage from this miraculously precise alignment in the long distant future, mankind would have killed itself by then through it's own inconvertable madness anyway. Anything which is not comprehended by conciousness, does not exist. So as we will never see the Moon and Sun as not being two equal halves of a whole, then what will happen aeons from now, or not, is totally irrelevant to us.

Anyone who has any doubt that this earth was intricately positioned where it is especially to play host to the life that was designed for it, I would urge to put forth a reasonable explanation as to why it is that the Sun and Moon, while of massively different geographical proportions and mathematical distances, should just so happen to appear to be precisely the same size, from our perspective here on earth, making an perfect eclipse possible. Coincidence? Oh please! How much more evidence do we need that they are a timing device, and God only knows what else, that were intricately positioned that way by some intellect that we cannot ever comprehend.

God knows, we've already raped and mutilated this planet of ours where we were designed to be as it is, God forbid we should ever move on to plague other worlds. Thank God I will never see it in my lifetime.

It would be considered an outrage to be dismantling mosques or temples in the name of scientific analysis, and yet it's okay to consider trampling all over the Moon and other planets, which are yet infinately more precious, out of nothing other than whimsical curiosity, regardless of the most ancient faiths or to astrologers to whom these things are sacrosanct in the utmost.

The woodlands and the forests were once sacred, look what happened to them. If the manifestations of The Divine which are the stars and planets should be subject to such abuse, I cannot think of any one thing more heart breaking.

Our skies have already been defiled from our perspective down here. Probably the great majority of souls in this world today do not even recognise the most obvious constellations, nor are able to tell the difference between a star and a planet when they see it. I must count myself among among them, as I still can't tell my arse from my elbow when it comes to the stars, but I am endeavouring to find out, against the purely materialist and anti-spiritual world in which my stricken soul finds itself encased in. It is a lamentable tragedy that such basic knowledge is no longer normal. Light pollution in our towns and cities comes to blind us more and more to the indescribable majesty of the night sky, and so our divorce from The Divine and our descent into Hell continues. This is bad enough, without building cities on poor old Luna's back.

I'm not against finding out more about the stars and planets for the sake of an increase in knowledge, like getting a good look at them close up, if they really feel the need to titillate themselves with such practically useless information. I am very much against them going and leaving footprints all over our pure, sacred, undefiled Luna, and as for taking 'civilisation' further afield, I cannot torture myself to even think about that.

There was a poem I remember reading in my teens called, 'The Day They Turned the Moon Into a Coca-Cola Sign', and I have never forgotten the profound misery of that piece of writing. Unfortunately I cannot find the poem, but I will continue to search and eventually post it forward, to be considered in light of this thread.

If it was possible do you not think the Coca Cola corporation, if they could, would not turn the Moon into a neon sign to advertise cola? Of course they would. Terrifying!!!

No matter how depraved humanity becomes down here, no matter how much the manifestation of God Itself which is the earth that plays host to us is mutilated and destroyed, then at least we've always got the perfect heavens to look up to to remind us that God exists. If the heavens and it's precious contents are to succumb to the same fate, then we are left with nothing, we are left abandoned in Hell, with no way out.

Draco Wink
Coder

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Sun and Moon have been two discs of exactly the same size from our perspective here on Earth since time immemorial, and as they are now.

The origin of the Moon (indeed, of the planets of the Solar System) remains an open scientific question - competing theories exist. The gradual separation of the Moon from the Earth at present is a fact. The Solar Angel Will triumph.

I would not wish to disconsole you further, but I would point out that "our" self-identities are so intimately tied up with (a) Darwin's theory of evolution, (b) the consensus archaelogical view of one human evolution from cave dweller to 21st homo sapiens, that to believe neither is to allow that there have been mass human extinctions in the past, and if that is the case, there seems no reason to doubt the Creator's ability to pull the plug on us if we step beyond the usual snafu to tarfu. A few footprints on the Moon seem neither here nor there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: