Does some know which the difference is among the systems of houses among Achabitus Declination and Alchabitus Semi-Arc?
I've not come across the phrase "Alcabitius Declination" before. Alcabitius cusps are determined as follows: The Ascendant is determined in the normal manner. The sidereal time that the ASC degree reaches the MC is noted. The difference that time and the sidereal time at birth is determined. That time is divided into three and these are successively added to the ASC sidereal time at birth to determine the 12th and 11th cusps. A similar calculation is performed from the 4th cusp except the time difference is subracted from the ASC to give the 3rd and 2nd cusps.

The principle of this system is the tri-section of the semi arcs, diurnal and nocturnal, of the ASC. I would imagine this is what is meant by the phrase "Alcabitius semi arc system." As far as the "declination system" goes, I'm not sure how declination would be used in a similar fashion. Perhaps someone with more technical expertise is familiar with that.

Tom

Hi Mario,

I haven't calculated a chart "by hand" in a long, long time. But what this means is as follows: ALL house systems employ the same method for determining the MC and ASC. So if the native has an ascendant of 15 Libra, and an MC of 10 Cancer, it does not matter which house system we use the MC and ASC will allways be the same for the same location at the same time.

The MC (medium coeli) is where the meridian of the birthplace meets the ecliptic. This is determined by using the longitude and latitude of the birth place and a table of houses. Again, the MC and ASC are the same in all house systems, so no matter which house system we use, we will always calculate the MC the same way or in the usual way. What differentiates one house system from the other is the method used to determine the other cusps.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks ... ! Tom

Your advisor was totally usefull.

Tom wrote:Hi Mario,

I haven't calculated a chart "by hand" in a long, long time. But what this means is as follows: ALL house systems employ the same method for determining the MC and ASC. So if the native has an ascendant of 15 Libra, and an MC of 10 Cancer, it does not matter which house system we use the MC and ASC will allways be the same for the same location at the same time.

The MC (medium coeli) is where the meridian of the birthplace meets the ecliptic. This is determined by using the longitude and latitude of the birth place and a table of houses. Again, the MC and ASC are the same in all house systems, so no matter which house system we use, we will always calculate the MC the same way or in the usual way. What differentiates one house system from the other is the method used to determine the other cusps.

I hope this helps.

Tom