Way To Go Australia

Two miners trapped for two weeks in a mine confined to an area about the size of kennel were rescued apparently unharmed and in good spirits.

The ordeal began on April 25, 2006 at 9:23 PM on the South Australian island state of Tasmasina. I do not have coordinates for this place on my PCS Atlas.

There is a time line, here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194719,00.html

Tragically of the total of 14 miners traped one did lose his life, but now the others are all safe. Perhaps someone has the coordinates and we could look at a positive outcome of an event. Sue? Sue?

Tom

Sue? Sue?
Yes, Tom? :)

This was very good news to wake up to this morning. They came out around the time I got up. As you can imagine, it was big news here. It was a great relief to find that they had finally escaped after 14 days. Actually, there was only three miners involved in the accident, one of whom unfortunately died. There were 14 miners trapped in a similar incident in the same mine not all that long ago but all got out safely.

The earth tremor that caused the accident occured at 8:30pm on Tuesday, 25th April. On Sunday 30th April, it was discovered that two men were alive. Tuesday, 8th May at 5:59am they walked free.

This all happened in a place called Beaconsfield, which is close to Launceston in the north of Tasmania. The coordinates are 41S12 - 146E48.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the information. One last check: the article, which spelled Tasmania wrong, said the tremor was at 9:23 pm. You said 8:30 pm. I need to know if yours could possibly be a typo. I like your time better as Pluto is right on the ASC, but I want to be sure. But then, why should I trust a news reporter who can't spell Tasmania?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I did some checking and you were right. There was apparently an incident at around 8:30pm but the event that caused the miners to be trapped was at about 9:23pm. I haven't had time to look at the charts yet. It is quite fortunate that only one person died (not so fortunate for the person who did). This mine has had some serious safety issues and no doubt there will be a full investigation. There is a lot of talk that this is not so much a result of a natural event but that it had everything to do with poor safety at the mine.

There was also another death at the scene on Sunday afternoon when one of our most well known journalists, Richard Carelton, who headed the Australian version of 'Sixty Minutes' collapsed and died as a result of a heart attack. He was only 62.

Much better. This chart has Venus exalted in Pisces hugging the IC (end of the matter). Moon conjunct the NN doesn't hurt either. I hope to look at this in more depth soon. Thanks again.

Tom