Are women moreoften night-creatures than men?

Yes
Total votes: 6 (60%)
No
Total votes: 4 (40%)
Total votes: 10

Are women moreoften night creatures than men?

Almost all the women I know consider themselves to be ?night creatures? ? bad tempered in the morning and generally alert and mentally active late at night. I know some men that are like this too, but most of my male family members find it much easier to get up early in the morning (whether they have to or not) and go to bed earlier at night.
I just naturally assume that this is something to do with women being governed by the Moon and Men being governed by the Sun, but do others disagree with my observances? Leave a comment or just vote in the poll.

Are you sure you're not a vampire? :lol:

I kind of like both ends of the day. I got into the habit of getting up early when I lived with a house full of people just so I could have some quiet space before I went to work. But I really like being up most of the night. It's the middle bits of the day that I have difficultly with. Not so much of a problem now that I work from home but I can never justify having a nap in the middle of the day no matter how tired I am. Would love to be able to survive on less sleep.

i'm female and have the moon conjunct my midheaven. am very much a morning creature. can't sleep in. can't stay in bed. am most energetic and happy in the morning. then, i'm an aries, maybe that plays a role?

often suffer from insomnia too and have many sleepless nights. but can't perform anything constructive after midnight. always happy when morning breaks.

I'm male. I stay up all hours of the night/morning. One week, I'll go to bed at 5 am every night. Next, bed at 10 pm, and up at 4am.

Three other male friends stay up until 3 am. A female friend goes to bed early (10.30 pm) and wakes up early (6 am) every day. :wink:

I have always been a morning person, bright, breezy and full of vim and vigour...much to the chagrin of my husband. Even if I stay up late, rarely going to bed before midnight and I still wake early, 6 ish, ready to go. I thought it had something to do with conditioning from when the children were small.... :lol:

Mary

I used to be more of a night person, but not any more. My wife gets up at ungodly early hours and usually in a good mood. I think it has as much to do with age as gender.

Her Moon is in Sagittarius; my Sun is in Pisces. Could that play a role?

Tom

I hate mornings :evil: - I'm grumpy and sad and impossible to speak to - when I worked at a 'proper job' and was first married Bob used to shove a slice of toast into my hand and point me at the door and I would stomp my way to work muttering and spilling crumbs for the birds - If anyone spoke to me at work before noon I would say something sarcastic - consequently lost ALL proper jobs. Now I work for me and I get to stay in bed as long as I like and can be as sacastic to me as I like, and still nobody in their right mind speaks to me. I stay up at night until all hours -its nothing to be writing just as the Sun starts to rise, then skive off to bed. I was the same as a kid and don't expect to be a sun greeter in my dotage either. So that balances the stats. So there! it's 9 am and the bloody phone woke me - how inconsiderate! Next door wants me to walk their dog! Far out!
:twisted:

Did you vote?! I didn't see the vote go up!?!

I think women who are too dilatory to get up in the morning, just don't bother to vote, so it distorts my results.

I'm also starting to think this is maybe a Pisces/water type thing rather than a gender issue (strong Moon's and Cancer run in my female line). But then maybe my Taurus sun is slow to get started as well.

Speaking of getting up amd going to work in the morning, they used to say that was the best thing about being a hooker. When you wake up in the morning, you're already at the office.

Tom