Hi Sue,
"And TS, yes, that mnemonic could work but we might have to keep in mind the other twelve heavenly bodies they are considering upgrading. Might make for a very long sentence."
Indeed. Though, I'd suggest making it two sentences instead. Astrologers are rarely short of a word.

Astrology's like an onion (to borrow from Frawley) ... and to peel back one layer can simply illuminate a new sentence.

At a broad level I'm thinking we have around 5 sentences (no doubt there's plenty of descriptive prose to be added) ...

Sent. 1 - Wanderers to Saturn
Sent. 2 - Wanderers beyond Saturn (which would include sub-category of plutons)
Sent. 3 - Asteroids (or as Tom refers to it the 'space dust' in the middle ... the bodies incorporated!)
Sent. 4 - out to the circle of Fixed Stars
Sent. 5 - the observations & calculations, eg. aspects, Arabic parts, mid-points etc which help bring it all down to earth again via some reasoned thought.

And we can choose to use and focus on it as as a two step process (Sent. 1 & 5) or a 3 step process (Sent. 1, 4 & 5) or more. That's the beauty, as well as the challenge - choice.

:D

And TS, yes, that mnemonic could work but we might have to keep in mind the other twelve heavenly bodies they are considering upgrading. Might make for a very long sentence
Putting wheelie bins into the mnemonic may help you carry all the guff from their asteroids around. If they call one of their new babies Hera we could add Hummer as a vehicle into the sentence.

And consider all this work my learned friends:

Phobos and Deimos
Amalthea, lo, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto
(Mimas, Enceladus), Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus
Ariel, Umbriel Miranda, Oberon, Titania
Nereid and Triton
Charon

oooh maybe those old guys had it right the first time. Pass me the history books.

oooh maybe those old guys had it right the first time. Pass me the history books.
Oh no!! Skippy, you're not considering coming over to the other side are you? :D Even I, as a fully fledged card carrying member of the the traditional side of astrology, will grant that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto do have their uses. I have seen them work with great effect in mundane charts. However, it can get a bit ridiculous when we start putting any old thing into the charts. Personally, I think that Xena, Warrior Princess, needs to remain in the forests fighting the bad guys with her trusty sidekick Gabrielle rather than slipping into the charts of astrologers.

Sue wrote:
But I was suddenly struck down by a terrible thought. If we have three new planets doesn't that leave 13, with the Moon, that need rulerships and not 12?
But recall I wrote previously

But after each sign has one object ruling it, someone will discover another "planet" that will of course require a sign or something to rule. The symmetry will again be broken.
My credentials as a prophet are established for good. It just keeps getting better and better.

Tom

You are absolutely right, Tom. Your psychic abilities are profound. Or should that be psychotic? However, you are getting a little ahead of yourself now. Show me a mention of the ruler of Ophiuchus on any forum (other than this one, of course) and I will forever bow to your superiority.

So, who is going to win the US Open then? Both male and female please. :P

Yes Tom and are Liverpool going to win the League this year.
The 13th sign has been done to death but no, I don't believe, anyone, has ventured to give it a name. Check Djual writings.

Now perhaps I am experiencing my transits afterall. I was suddenly struck by a money making brainwave. I have recently come into contact with a computer programmer to boot.

Charon, keeper of the underworlds keys, presumably for Pluto. Is the orbiting moon of Pluto and has just been named a planet. How about this? Pluto discovered in 1930 and roughly the same time we have a phenomenon called Kamakazi piloting suicide death which starts all over again in the last 2 decades with militant Islamic extremists about the time they are taking to decipher whether it is a planet or not.

Pound signs ringing all the way to the cash till any orders for a programme on Charon and advanced signing on book copies delineating long winded rasps about the symbiology of it? If I have more than 10 'yes' answers I'll approach a publisher for an advance - oops forgot mainly traditionalists. Then I woke up.
Last edited by skippy on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

One theory has the outer solar system populated by hundreds of rock-ice bodies about 1000 to 2000 kilometers in diameter, orbiting at 40 astronomical units from the Sun. If more of these are found we might learn that, rather than having nine planets, the solar system has hundreds. Pluto would finally be in good company. By sheer number, these small bodies would be considered the "normal" planets, and the other eight planets would be the oddities.
Goes off to work whistling>>>>>>>>>>>>> :lala

So, who is going to win the US Open then? Both male and female please.
Roger Federer for the men - that doesn't make me psychic, though. He's so good it's stupid. As for the ladies, well I haven't followed that since Stephie Graff retired. I'll go put my hand on a sports page, close my eyes and divine the answer later.
Yes Tom and are Liverpool going to win the League this year.
I have no idea what a Liverpool League is or what sport might be played there. I'll have to check. But you can be sure I'll be right.

Tom

To tom and to his psychic powers

Hello Tom, I was thinking and decided to use my psychic powers too.
I think in the near future astrologers will make an extraordinary revolution in astrology as we know today !
First of all, we will have Ceres to help us know if the person will have wheat alergy.
Then we will have Caron to show death... but as modern astrology doesn?t believe in death, caron will show traveling and mainly spiritual traveling to the shadow of the uncouncious mind.
And, of course, there is my favorite, Xena, the warrior prince, to show lesbian inclination
:brows
the only thing that I regret about this new planets coming to light, is that although I liked Xena, I would rather enjoy if this asteroid was named Buffy, the vampire slayer, because I saw the whole show. And it would be very important to show if the person has a vampiristic personality...

lol,
personally, I think it's an aquarian conspiracy led by rebellious x-generational, x-box(ers) vs. PS2(ers) to keep G-d further away and to deny all saturine typifications and therefore renouncing that their microcosm could even possibly be affected by the fixed stellars (through the 8 planets) and are stratigically stationing more planoids betwix them by attributing "essences" to star dust.

ahem, I'm sure I heard my three "aliens" discussing these matters last night after having been sent sternly to bed before school starting this morning last.