Latest Dennis Elwell article

I have just been reading Dennis Elwell?s article on the home page. I always look forward to anything by him because I find him so thought provoking. It is a great article and definitely worth a read. As always, I disagree with a lot of what he says but it is always interesting.

One of the things I found particularly interesting was where he talked about ?the astral?. The astral operates in its own dimension which might make astrology harder to understand, he says. He says that the astral has a number of extraordinary features. One of them is its power to encode everything that happens into its own system. He gives as an example of why human decisions, like the Declaration of Independence, go on resonating down the centuries, long after the planets have moved on. I found this a very interesting point. We think of transits as things that come and go. But the imprint it leaves on the universe will continue to resonate long after the transit has moved out of orb. I find this particularly interesting in terms of mundane astrology. We do this anyway. Charts of the birth of a nation are used long after the actual event. The planets are no longer where they were when the nation was born. However, the transits of the time still resonate with the nation. Elwell calls it cosmic memory and says that occultists have always believed that nothing is ever lost, but stays on record. This brought to my mind the concept of the ?Akashic Records?, which is a belief that there are records of everything in existence and that people have the ability to access these records in order to understand the future. I guess it is something similar to the Sybilline Oracles of ancient Rome. But this idea that nothing is ever lost is an interesting one. We often talk about transits as though they are very much a passing thing. Of course, the adjective is transitory. But this article has made me think about the possibility that, even though they are transitory, they are imprinted on us forever and continue to impact on who we are striving to become.

Thanks Deb for giving us this article. There is so much to think about.