Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

12 house sun
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno_seer

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: 12 house sun Reply with quote

I know some one with sun in cancer conjunct the 12th house cusp. I was wondering if there is any remedial remedies for this in Traditional Astrology? Also, are there any positive qualities that can be tapped into it. Tradition gives grief of mind, imprisonment, lack of success and large animals such as elephants (or giant crabs?).
yuzuru

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, technical seer
Remedies are more in yiotish, maybe you sh ould give a try.
You could try in traditional western astrology a sun talisman, but when the planet becomes an accidental malefic, sometimes the effects are not good.
So, the other alternative is charitable magic... you give in a day sun in a sun hour a sun present to a sun person.
Sun presents can be golden things, if not gold itself, and a lot of other things that you can look as ruled by sun
Sun persons in general are persons of power, but I think it can be persons with a "sun" personality
Yuzuru
carnna

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yuzuru,
wouldn't the actor's guild or a local theatre or something like that be ruled by sun?
could make a charitable donation on a sunday during one of the sun's hours?
carnna

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or even donate some costumes? prop's?
yuzuru

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See in the home page or in http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun_att.html
some significations like:

"Kings, princes, emperors, dukes, marquesses, earls, barons, lieutenants, deputy-lieutenants of counties, magistrates, gentlemen in general, courtiers, desirers of honour and preferment, justices of peace, majors, high-sheriffs, high-constables, great huntsmen"(etc)

"Houses, courts of princes, palaces, theatres, all magnificent structures being clear and decent, halls, dining rooms. "
MzLoretta

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Sun on the 12th house cusp could change, depending on what house system you are using. Which one was used to calculate the chart?
Tom

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was wondering if there is any remedial remedies for this in Traditional Astrology?

Sure if you're an American you could become President of the US, or if you're a Brit, you could become Prime Minister. Both George W. Bush and Tony Blair have the Sun in the 12th house.

Tom
SusieN

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, if that fails, you could always become Madonna Thumbs up
techno_seer

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To think I was going over to Vedic astrology to do mantras on my 12th house, and you guys show me such inspiring examples of earthly success with solar 12th houses. I feel better already.
Tom

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To become slightly more serious. Whenever we see a 12th house Sun (or 8th or 6th), the idea is to look for a "way out." The Sun in the 12th does have a tougher time finding expression. The same is true for other planets in the 12th. There are a few ways out. The best being a mutual reception. Another way is to be in aspect, and aspect by sign will do, with a dispositor. G.W. Bush's chart is an example of the latter. His Sun is in Cancer, 12th house and peregrine. We mgiht find it surprising that such a Sun would seek high public office. But his Sun is square both Jupiter, exaltation ruler of Cancer, and the Moon, domicile ruler of Cancer. The Sun is not as restrictive as it otherwise might be.

Abraham Lincoln quite possibly had a 12th house Sun; his birthtime is not known for certain. Both 7:20 am and 8:50 am have been used with some success. Lincoln's Aquarius Sun is in sextile by sign to its dispositor, Saturn. It is interesting to note that the 12th house is the house of slavery or bondage and Saturn is also associated with slaves. The final dispositor of his 12th house Sun is Jupiter, the planet associated with freedom, and Lincoln is often referred to as "The Great Emancipator."

Tom
MzLoretta

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tom"]To become slightly more serious. Whenever we see a 12th house Sun (or 8th or 6th), the idea is to look for a "way out." The Sun in the 12th does have a tougher time finding expression. The same is true for other planets in the 12th. There are a few ways out. The best being a mutual reception.

Tom
[/quote]

I did an analysis of the 12th house Sun people in my life. In every case, I found that they had made major accomplishments to society: activist leader, ballet school founder, master gardner, politician....and so on. The commom theme I saw was a kind of sadness that was present no matter how much success was achieved.

ML
techno_seer

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a way out. I am always, always tring to find a way out, cause it is the house of escapism.
skippy

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 12th house sun I stopped trying to escape. Or maybe I just use more healthier ways to escape. It's also spiritually gifted and is a seeker of enlightenment. Also is at home with the machinary of Institution. So it ain't all bad is it?
techno_seer

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilly says that the 12th house is the worst house, but I donno, 8th can be bad. Here is a link to Jeffery Dahmer's chart.

http://www.astrologysoftware.com/resources/articles/images/0521602.gif

I though it was a hoot to see sceptic.com use his chart to discredit astrology. See how they stacked the deck.

http://www.skepticreport.com/astrology/celebrity2.htm
Mark

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Dahmer link. Reading some of that astro-babble its little wonder there are sceptics out there!

It is interesting that he has quite a few strong natal plants by domicile rulership-Saturn, Venus and Mercury.

Still the Moon-Saturn square makes it clear to any student of astrology this person is emotionally complex and has difficulty expressing their feelings in a spontaneous way. I need to check but I seem to recall several of the British serial killers had this or Moon in Capricorn. The Moon is also trine to Uranus but as the Moon in peregrine that adds to the picture of emotional instability.

His Sun, Ascendant ruler ( Venus), the 12th house ruler (Mercury) in the eighth house contributes to an unsettling profile with associations with death and distress.

Most of the serial killer charts I have looked at seem to be associated with malefic fixed stars and this is no exception. However, Dahmers chart is the jackpot!

Dahmers Sun is on Alcyone. According to Robson this malefic star represents 'disgrace, evil disposition, murderer or murdered imprisonment, death by pestilence, blows, stabs, shooting, beheading or shipwreck''.

Noonan states it represents '''Excess of heat resulting in violence and perhaps misfortune or dishonor'.

Dahmers Mars is also on the malefic fixed star Algenib which Robson states is associated with 'notoriety, dishonor, violence, misfortune'.

Dahmers Mercury is on the malefic fixed star Prima Hyadum.
According to Ptolemy this is of the nature of Saturn and Mercury. According to Robson it is associated with 'tears, sudden events, violence, fierceness, poisoning, blindness, wounds or injuries to the head by instruments, weapons or fevers, and contradictions of fortune''

Many consider the fixed stars on the angles are especially descriptive. Here we find Dahmers MC on the malefic fixed star Pollux which according to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars; and, to Alvidas, of the Moon, Mars and Uranus. It gives a subtle, crafty, spirited, brave, audacious, cruel and rash nature, ...dignified malevolence, and is connected with poisons. (Robson). According to Ebertin the nature of this this star is brutal and tyrannical, violent and cruel if in conjunction with the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, MC or with malefics.

Traditional Authorities such as Lilly would also have considered Dahmer's Venus conjunct Algol.

The fixed stars may seem a bit fatalistic at times but you can't call this fluffy astrology!

Incidentally on the subject of twelfth house Sun's I wonder if Tony Blair has another let out? I see his MC ruler (Saturn) ,although in the sixth house, is conjunct Spica.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: